From Canon: Affordable Lens Features NANO USM Technology, Enhanced Image Stabilizer and Information Display MELVILLE, N.Y., September 15, 2016
– Having the right tool for the job has long been the mantra for professional photographers and hobbyists alike. Canon’s wide array of lenses provide users with a variety of creative options to help capture dynamic photos and videos with their DSLR cameras. Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced today the new Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens featuring NANO USM technology for high-speed and near-silent focusing in both still and video modes. The lens also features a new LCD information display and four-stop* image stabilization.
“To help photographers that are striving to create the most amazing pictures and videos possible, Canon is dedicated to developing the best tools to help them with their goal,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “Having this new EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens in a photographer’s camera bag will surely help them achieve their creative vision.”
Designed with the user in mind, this affordable new lens includes technology to spark creativity and deliver excellent image and video quality from afar. This is the second Canon lens equipped with NANO USM technology, a focusing motor that combines the benefits of a ring USM (ultrasonic motor) for high-speed AF during still photo shooting and lead-screw type STM (stepping motor) for smooth and quiet video autofocusing (AF) Features for the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens include:
- High-speed autofocus for shooting stills and smooth, near-silent autofocus when shooting video is achieved by incorporating NANO USM technology.
- New Lens Information Display shows focusing distance, focal length and shake amount.
- One UD Lens helps reduce chromatic aberration and delivers outstanding high resolution and high-contrast results.
- Image Stabilizer effect at up-to-4* stops of shake correction helps capture sharp images.
- Circular aperture (9 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
The Canon EF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS II USM lens is scheduled to be available in November 2016, for an estimated retail price of $549.99 Preorders
Canon EF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens – B&H
| Wex Photographic
From Canon: EOS M5 Camera Provides The Fastest Autofocus (AF) speed of EOS M-Series and a built-in Electronic Viewfinder
MELVILLE, N.Y., September 15, 2016 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the latest additions to its EOS M series system - the new Canon EOS M5 Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera and compact EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens. The EOS M5 camera features a 24.2 Megapixel APS-C sized CMOS sensor, DIGIC 7 Image Processor and the fastest AF speed in the EOS M-series , enabling photographers to capture clear, sharp, high-resolution images and Full HD videos. It is also the first in the EOS camera line to include the low energy Bluetooth Smart feature that can maintain a constant connection with your compatible smartphone or tablet when you use the Canon camera connect application and both applications are active. The versatile EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens is compatible with all Canon EOS M series digital cameras, and is a great option for photographers looking to capture scenic landscapes while traveling to close-up shots from afar.
“The new capabilities found in the Canon EOS M5 Camera and EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens set a new standard for our EOS M series of cameras and lenses, showing that Canon is constantly incorporating performance enhancements desired by our customers,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “When paired together, the new EOS M5 camera and EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens provide image-makers of all levels with powerful tools that enable them to capture a variety of remarkable images and videos.”
In addition, advanced photographers will appreciate the improved operability of the EOS M5 camera. It has a built-in electronic viewfinder (EVF) and Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF for capturing stills and shooting video with smooth and precise autofocus. This allows for Touch and Drag AF so users can easily switch the subject of their focus by dragging the AF frame directly on the LCD panel, even while looking through the camera’s EVF. Focus peaking allows users to highlight the area of the image that is in focus from within the EVF or LCD monitor. In addition to its touchscreen operability, the EOS M5 camera also has easily accessible dials that allow you to quickly adjust your settings on-the-go. Key Features of the Canon EOS M5 Camera Include:
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, ISO 100–25600.
- Fast and smooth Dual Pixel CMOS AF helps you capture stills and shoot video with quick and precise autofocus.
- High-speed continuous shooting at up to 7.0 fps (up to 9.0 fps with AF Lock) and new DIGIC 7 Image Processor with improved AF tracking performance.
- Full HD 60p helps capture fast-moving subjects and brilliant results in MP4 format.
- Digital IS with 5-axis image stabilization when shooting movies plus increased image stabilization with both lens optical IS and in-camera digital IS when shooting with an IS lens.
- Built-in high-resolution EVF (approx. 2,360,000 dots) with new Touch and Drag AF lets you manually move the AF frame displayed for more precise focusing in different shooting situations.
- Intuitive touch screen 3.2 tilt-type (85° up/180° down) LCD monitor (approx. 1,620,000 dots) enables flexible positioning and clear viewing.
- Easily customize functions while shooting using the Main Dial, Quick Control Dial, Dial Function Button and Exposure Compensation Dial.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC allows for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos.
- Equipped with Bluetoothiii Smart for smooth pairing with a compatible smartphone by powering on both devices for easy photo sharing and remote control possibilities.
- Shorter camera startup time and interval time between each image capture for a more efficient shooting experience.
- Compatible with EF-M lenses as well as the full line of EF and EF-Sviii lenses and Speedlites for expanded creativity.
The Canon EOS M5 also features Combination IS with in-camera 5-axis image stabilization, while capturing video, a first in the Canon EOS series. With a compatible lens attachediv, Combination IS leverages optical IS and in-camera digital IS to help create tremendously smooth videos. The DIGIC 7 Image Processor makes the 5-axis IS possible even with lenses that do not contain IS, because the in-camera image stabilization functions independently to help reduce camera shake when shooting videos.
Additionally, the EOS M5 camera shoots impressive time-lapse videos. The EOS M5 camera also allows for easy panning by setting the optimal shutter speed after analyzing the camera's panning speed and how fast the subject is moving.
The new Canon EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens offers a high-zoom ratio, expanding the range of photographic possibilities for EOS M digital cameras. Its image stabilizer helps with reducing image blur and making image and video shooting easier at longer focal lengths. Along with the enhanced performance, the EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens is compact and lightweight, making it a versatile and convenient lens to carry. Key Features of the Canon EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Include:
Pricing and Availability
- Canon’s first EF-M high-zoom power lens covering a broad range of shooting scenes with a high-zoom ratio of up to 8.3x (29–240mm equivalent).
- Compact and lightweight design allows for easy portability.
- Optical design helps provide excellent image quality across a broad zoom range comparable to the EF-S 18–135mm f/3.5–5.6 IS USM lens.
- Maximum magnification of 0.31x at focal length 150mm.
- Image Stabilizer effect at up to 4 stops of shake correction helps capture sharp images.
The new Canon EOS M5 camera is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers in November 2016, for an estimated retail price of $979.99 for the body only. It will also be sold as part of body-and-lens kits with EF-M 15-45mm/F3.5-6.3 IS STM zoom kit lens (estimated retail price of $1,099.00, scheduled to be available early November 2016 ), and with the new EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens for an (estimated retail price of $1,479.00, scheduled to be available early December 2016)
In addition, the new Canon EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, available in graphite and silver colors, is scheduled to be available in December 2016 for an estimated retail price of $499.99.
Additional optional EOS accessories include a Body Jacket (EM-E2) and Neck Strap (EH29-CJ) that come in black or brown. Preorders:
Canon EOS M5 – B&H
| Wex Photographic
Canon EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM – B&H
| Wex Photographic