is accepting Nikon D5100
preorders. When B&H accepts preorders, the product is usually expected to be in stock very soon.
ElcomSoft, the company that previously discovered a vulnerability in Canon's Original Data Security System
, has now cracked Nikon's Image Authentication System. Details can be found on ElcomSoft's website
Free upgrade to owners of Capture One 6
COPENHAGEN, April 28, 2011 — Phase One today released Capture One 6.2. An upgrade to the popular raw conversion and image editing software that supports both professional medium format systems and more than 170 different DSLR camera models, Capture One comprises a full digital workflow to produce beautifully detailed and richly rendered images.
Capture One 6.2 adds camera support for Samsung, Fuji, Ricoh, Panasonic, Canon, Sony and Nikon and for Phase One IQ180, IQ160 and IQ140, including tethered support. Features and Enhancements
• Local Adjustments (Local adjustment of saturation and clarity; Invert local adjustments mask; Copy local adjustments mask from other layer)
• Auto sync of XMP metadata (sidecars only)
• Additional camera controls for Canon and Nikon
• Improved OpenCL and 64 bit performance Camera Support
• Samsung NX5, NX10, NX11 and NX100
• Fuji X100
• Ricoh GR DIGITAL, GR DIGITAL II, GR DIGITAL III, GX100, GX200, GRX S10, GXR P10, GXR A12
• Phase One IQ180, IQ160, and IQ140
• Canon EOS-600D/Rebel T3i and EOS-1100D/Rebel T3 including tethered support
• Panasonic DMC-GH2 and DMC-GF2.
• Sony SLT-A55, SLT¬A33, NEX-3 and NEX-5
• Nikon D-7000 tethered support Availability and Pricing
Capture One version 6.2 is available now; for details please see: www.phaseone.com/6
Capture One version 6.2 is a free upgrade to current owners of Capture One Express 6 and Capture one Pro 6. For the difference between Capture One Express and Capture One Pro, please see: www.phaseone.com/en/Software/Capture-One-Pro-6/Upgrade/Upgrade-Pro-6.aspx
For new customers, Capture One Pro 6.2 is available via download for 399 USD and 299 EUR through Phase One’s Online Store www.phaseone.com/store and through leading professional photography dealers worldwide. Capture One Express 6.2 is available for 129 USD and 99 EUR via www.phaseone.com/store
Capture One Pro 6 and Express 6 are paid upgrades to previous versions of Capture One. Upgrade prices start at 69 USD and 49 EUR, respectively.
Capture Pilot™ is a free app from the Apple store for Capture One Pro. More information is available here: www.phaseone.com/en/software/capture-one-pro-6/about/capture%20pilot.aspx
- TOKYO, Japan, April 28, 2011 -
Seiko Epson Corporation ("Epson", TSE: 6724) today announced it would book extraordinary losses for the fourth quarter (January 1 to March 31, 2011) of the year ending March 31, 2011.
1. Details of extraordinary losses
(1) Loss on disaster
Epson will book on a consolidated base extraordinary losses of 4,755 million yen associated with the earthquake that struck the Tohoku area of Japan.
(2) Business structure improvement expenses
Epson will book on a consolidated base extraordinary losses of 4,566 million yen associated with the termination of the small- and medium-sized displays business.
2. Impact on business results
The aforementioned extraordinary losses have been reflected in the business results for the full year ended March 2011 announced today. For details, please read the "Consolidated Results for Year Ended March 31 2011." Epson Consolidated Results for Year Ended March 31, 2011
With $25,000 worth of prizes on the line, the Foba Combitube Photo Competition
is an eye-catcher.
If you do not already own the Combitube gear, cost of entry
is not low. Check out the cool Foba Combitubes at B&H