Canon USA has issued an EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera product advisory
. To Users of the Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital SLR Camera
Thank you for using Canon products.
Concerning the EOS 5D Mark III digital SLR camera, when the LCD panel illuminates in extremely dark environments, the displayed exposure value may change. Canon has concluded the investigation of this phenomenon, and this announcement informs you of our findings as described below. Phenomenon
In extremely dark environments, if the LCD panel illuminates, the displayed exposure value may change. However, based on the results of extensive testing this change in exposure value will not noticeably affect the captured image. Affected Product
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital SLR Camera
*Products whose sixth digit in the serial number is 1 or 2 are affected.
For example, “xxxxx1xxxxxx” or “xxxxx2xxxxxx” ([x] represents any optional number.) Support
Under almost all shooting conditions (including dark environments) this phenomenon will not affect your captured images. However, if you would like Canon to inspect your camera, we will provide this service free of charge upon request beginning in mid-May. Please contact Canon using the information below to request service.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Please register the EOS 5D Mark III. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when service updates are available. If you already registered, please ensure you are opted-in to receive the notification.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Customer Support Center
Phone: 1-800-OK-CANON or 1-800-652-2666
For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware Version 1.1.2 is now available for download
. Firmware Version 1.1.2 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- Supports a new accessory, GPS receiver GP-E2.
- Fixes a phenomenon where a pink cast may develop over the image when the shutter is completely pressed with the camera’s power turned off (by the auto power off setting).
- Fixes a phenomenon where the camera operation stops after one shot when shooting in High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode.
- Fixes a phenomenon where the Shooting Date/Time in the EXIF data of the image shows a later time than the actual shooting time.
- Fixes the time zone for the Samoa Islands.
- Corrects errors in the Finnish menu screen. (Products for the Japanese market do not display the Finnish menu.)