(via BestStopDeals) has the Nikon D610 DSLR Camera
available for $1,499.99 with free shipping. Compare at $1,696.95. Note:
This is likely a grey market item and not technically eligible for a Nikon USA warranty.
From DxO: DxO OpticsPro 10 adds DxO ClearView, a spectacular new feature that eliminates haze, and improves its revolutionary PRIME denoising technology October 29, 2014
– DxO Labs announces the immediate availability of DxO OpticsPro 10, the new version of its flagship software that has been acclaimed numerous times for the unrivaled quality of its image processing. DxO OpticsPro 10 adds DxO ClearView, a new feature that eliminates atmospheric haze in a spectacular fashion. This new version also enhances the revolutionary PRIME denoising technology, DxO’s breakthrough noise reduction approach that can improve image quality of up to one full stop over the best noise reduction algorithms currently on the market.
DxO OpticsPro leverages DxO Lab’s rigorous scientific calibration of camera equipment, now including over 20,000 camera and lens combinations. Based on this proprietary data, DxO OpticsPro is able to offer the most powerful tools for processing RAW and JPEG images: unequaled optical corrections, intelligent optimization of exposure and contrast, and preservation of colors and details. Its many presets allow photographers to adapt the processing to suit their tastes, and to bring out the best in their photos in just a few clicks.
More accessible than ever, DxO OpticsPro 10 is available in two new editions – ESSENTIAL and ELITE – for both Mac and PC, starting from $129/£99/129€. New DxO ClearView feature
The new exclusive DxO ClearView feature automatically eliminates the phenomenon of atmospheric haze visible in many landscape photos, as well as the smog often present in urban images. Based on a powerful algorithm, DxO ClearView analyzes the color components of each pixel and locally improves the image contrast.
“Due to its physical nature, the phenomenon of haze increases with the distance between the camera and the subject. That’s why DxO OpticsPro establishes a kind of depth map of the image scene and removes the impression of grey veil only when necessary” explains Frédéric Guichard, Chief Scientist Officer of DxO Labs. He adds: “The correction is local and completely automatic, making it unnecessary to draw areas by hand or to create a graduated filter.”
The results are spectacular: in just one click, the contrast in the image is instantly improved and faded colors are revived. For expert photographers, the intensity of the effect can be modified, so as to tailor the correction to the individual taste of each photographer. Revolutionary PRIME technology optimized
Designed to achieve optimal image quality, DxO OpticsPro 10’s revolutionary PRIME (Probabilistic Raw IMage Enhancement) denoising technology has been improved to reveal more details and further optimized to increase speed, with processing time up to 4 times faster! In addition, the interface of the Noise reduction palette has been improved and provides a larger area for previewing denoising.
A DxO exclusive, PRIME denoising technology is based on a thorough analysis of the structure of an image in order to differentiate between noise and fine details. For each pixel, nearly a thousand neighboring pixels are studied to identify the similarities and recombine information. This ultra-high-quality denoising brings spectacular results: textures, details, and color saturation are preserved, particularly in shadows, even in images shot at very high sensitivities. DxO Smart Lighting and DxO Lens Softness optimization
The exclusive DxO Smart Lighting feature optimizes the contrast over the entire image by intelligently adapting to its contents. Improved in DxO OpticsPro 10, it now offers a better rendering in automatic mode, thanks to a more detailed analysis of the scene content. In manual mode, the Selective tone sliders act even more precisely: information that one thought was lost in the dark or burnt zones are better restored, even in cases of strong backlighting.
With its precise knowledge of lens performance, DxO OpticsPro’s exclusive DxO Lens Softness tool harmonizes the sharpness of photos from the center to the edges, giving images exceptional crispness, regardless of shooting conditions. It performs with fewer artifacts than the previous version, as well as preserves colors better, to provide even stronger visual accents. Default color accentuation has also been increased to obtain even sharper images. The power of DxO ViewPoint’s geometrical corrections applied to RAW files
DxO OpticsPro 10 can now integrate DxO ViewPoint’s powerful geometrical corrections. After the DxO ViewPoint plugin is activated, a dedicated palette lets photographers directly correct perspective problems and volume deformation in RAW and JPEG images. The dedicated DxO ViewPoint palette includes all the same visual tools as the standalone application version. Even more comfort and productivity
The DxO OpticsPro interface has evolved once again. The White Balance and Dust Correction tools can now be used in full-screen mode for greater comfort and precision. The image browser has been simplified and the overall design of the interface has been revised.
More powerful than ever before, DxO Optics Pro has sped up its boot speed (x1.5), paired with a much faster file loading sped (x10) on both Mac and Windows for immediate access to images.
Finally, DxO OpticsPro 10 now supports DNG files converted using Lightroom or Adobe DNG Converter (so long as the original RAW file is also supported), for an easier workflow with Adobe products New editions and new prices
DxO OpticsPro 10 is now accessible via two new editions, ESSENTIAL and ELITE, both of which support all of the equipment calibrated by DxO. The two editions differ in terms of the number of features available. Check out the feature comparison list
for complete details.
The two editions of DxO OpticsPro 10 are available at even more attractive prices:DxO OpticsPro 10 ESSENTIAL Edition
- $129.00 (versus $169.00 for the previous version)DxO OpticsPro 10 ELITE Edition
- $199.00 (versus $299.00 for the previous version) Availability and special introductory offer
The ESSENTIAL and ELITE editions of DxO OpticsPro 10 for Mac and PC are immediately available at photo resellers.
Photographers who purchased DxO OpticsPro 9 on or after September 1, 2014, are entitled to a free upgrade to version 10. All users who upgrade to DxO OpticsPro 10 ELITE Edition are entitled to a free copy of DxO ViewPoint 1.0. B&H
carries DXO OpticsPro 10
From Epson: Epson SureColor P600 Leverages Next-Generation Epson UltraChrome HD Ink to Deliver Exhibition-Quality Prints with Unprecedented Black Density LONG BEACH, Calif. – Oct. 28, 2014
– Epson today announced the industry’s most advanced 13-inch photo printer – the Epson SureColor P600. Designed for creative professionals, fine artists, and advanced amateur and pro photographers, the SureColor P600 combines an advanced MicroPiezo AMC printhead with next-generation Epson UltraChrome HD pigment inks driven by enhanced AccuPhotoTM HD imaging technology to produce exhibition-quality black-and-white prints with never before seen pigment black density and stunningly vivid color prints.
“The Epson SureColor P600 was designed to not only meet, but exceed the capabilities of today’s exceptional digital image captures by producing prints with the superior level of quality our customers have come to expect,” said Larry Kaufman, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America. “With the advent of next-generation Epson UltraChrome HD inks and unrivaled fine art and roll paper support, the Epson SureColor P600 is poised to represent the new benchmark in desktop photographic printing.”
Advanced media handling, including a front-in and front-out paper path, enables borderless photos with exceptional clarity and sharpness up to 13”x19” on a wide variety of glossy, matte and fine art papers, while improved roll paper support allows for breathtaking panoramas over 10 feet long for Windows and Mac users. In addition, custom images can be created and printed directly onto canvas, art boards and CD/DVDs.
The Epson SureColor P600 also offers new ease-of use features and capabilities, such as a 3.5-inch tilting color LCD and touch panel and unparalleled connectivity options for its class, making it easy to print from a home office or studio via USB, Wireless n1, Wi-Fi Direct, or wired Ethernet. High-capacity individual 25.9-mililiter ink cartridges with an innovative Save Ink auto-switching Mode between Photo and Matte Black inks is also available to drive productivity.
Designed to provide unmatched performance, exhibition quality and professional media support, the Epson SureColor P600 offers several innovative features, including:
Pricing, Availability and Support
- Epson UltraChrome HD Ink: Industry leading professional eight-color ink set delivers rich color and a black density never before seen from a pigment ink. Built on Epson’s heritage of professional ink technology, this ink set offers instant color stability and exceptional print permanence ratings for color and black-and-white prints. Three-level Black ink technology simultaneously uses Black, Light Black and Light Light Black ink for richer blacks and unsurpassed gray balance.
- Advanced Media Handling: The SureColor P600 features three paper paths, including a high-capacity, cut-sheet feeder; a single-sheet, front-in, front-out thick paper path for fine art media up to 1.3 mm thick; and a rear-mounted 2-inch core roll feeder. Allows users to print full-bleed, borderless cut-sheet prints up to 13”x19” on a wide variety of photographic and fine art paper, including Epson’s line of Signature Worthy papers. It also offers enhanced roll paper printing up to 129-inches long for both Mac and Windows users, for gorgeous panoramas, as well as CD/DVD printing.
- AccuPhoto HD Image Technology: Created in collaboration with the Rochester Institute of Technology’s Munsell Color Science Laboratory, this complex mathematical architecture and advanced screening technology ensures precision placement of each individual ink droplet for smooth, grain-free images. This technology optimizes ink usage to maximize color gamut and provide smooth transitions and gradations, and reduces the metameric index to achieve consistent color under different lighting conditions.
- MicroPiezo AMC Printhead: The eight-channel, high-precision printhead produces a maximum resolution of 5670 x 1440 optimized dpi and variable-sized droplets as small as two picoliters and places them with precision and accuracy. For decreased maintenance and increased reliability, the printhead also incorporates an ink repellent coating.
- Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System: Nine individual 25.9 ml ink cartridges with pressurized ink technology ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds.
- Auto-Switching Black Inks: The Epson SureColor P600 automatically switches between Photo and Matte black inks to produce the deepest blacks and richest color on glossy, matte or fine art media, and an innovative Save Ink Mode uses less ink when switching from Matte Black to Photo Black.
- Unparalleled Connectivity: Built-in 100 Mbit Ethernet, Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless n1 and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 provide flexible options for fast connectivity to multiple computers in a home or studio.
- Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode: Professionals can choose from one of four pre-set modes – neutral, warm, cool, or sepia – for stunning neutral or toned black-and-white prints. This feature provides intuitive and consistent control through custom slider bars and a color tone wheel for advanced tone adjustment. In addition, customized settings can be saved and recalled to achieve consistent prints, and using the optional downloadable Epson Print Layout software, users can automatically preview personal images with the selected settings.
The Epson SureColor P600 will be demonstrated for the first time in North America at PhotoPlus Expo (booth #701), taking place Oct. 30 – Nov. 1 at the Javits Convention Center in New York City, and will be available for purchase in Q1 2015 through authorized resellers for $799 (MSRP). The printer is supported by a one-year whole-unit exchange limited warranty plan and specialized technical support staff. B&H
carries Epson printers