has a Canon EOS Rebel SL1 DSLR Camera with 2 Lenses, PIXMA PRO-100 Bundle
available for $643.00 with free shipping and 4% Rewards
after $400.00 mail-in rebate
. Compare at $799.00 without printer. Bundle Includes:
- Canon EOS Rebel SL1 DSLR Camera
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
- Canon EF 75-300mm F/4-5.6 III Lens
- Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Professional Photo Inkjet Printer
- Canon SG-201 Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, 13x19", 50 Sheets
- SanDisk 16GB Class 10, Extreme SDHC Memory Card
- Adorama Slinger Bag
- Go to the Rebel SL1 & 2 Lens Bundle page.
- Click the link under "Buy Together and Save."
- Click radio button beside the PIXMA PRO-100 Printer.
- Click Add to Cart.
- Your checkout total will be $1,043.00. Redeem $400.00 mail-in rebate for a final price of $643.00.
Check out Bryan's full review of the compact, yet very capable Rebel SL1.
Post Date: 11/19/2013 7:48:44 AM CT Posted By: Sean
The Canon Store
has the Refurbished Refurbished Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS Digital Camera
(Red/Black) available for $67.97 with free shipping, leather case & memory card. Compare at $164.99 new.
Post Date: 11/19/2013 7:27:53 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Thank you very much for purchasing and using Sigma products.
We have found that the current firmware of our Nikon fitting interchangeable lenses may not work properly with the Nikon D5300’s OS and Live View Auto Focus functions.
For those customers who own Sigma lenses in Nikon mount, we are going to provide a free firmware update service.
Please note that all the products we dispatch from the factory will have the latest firmware. Phenomenon
Without the latest firmware, the OS and Live View Auto Focus functions do not work properly when it is used with the Nikon D5300. Concerned Products
Nikon fitting interchangeable lenses that incorporate an internal motor
* Firmware upgrade cannot be applied to the lenses that do not have an internal motor.
* For some discontinued products, we may not be able to offer the firmware update due to the discontinuation of related repair parts. Please contact your nearest authorized Sigma distributor
for the further details. Support
For those customers in need of the latest firmware, we are going to provide free firmware update from November 20th. For discontinued products, please contact your nearest authorized Sigma distributor for the further details.
For lenses that are compatible with the SIGMA USB DOCK, it is possible to update them via SIGMA Optimization Pro.
Post Date: 11/19/2013 7:09:10 AM CT Posted By: Sean
- We just introduced a retro-inspired alternative to conventional and obvious laptop cases for carrying expensive technical devices discreetly—the Retrospective Laptop Case. Inspired by the popularity of the company's inconspicuous Retrospective canvas shoulder bag series, these new laptop cases are available in 13-inch and 15-inch sizes and three colors: Pinestone or Blue Slate in sand-washed 100% premium cotton canvas, or Black in polyspun.
The Retrospective 13L
and Retrospective 15L
laptop cases’ retro look mixes "Old-School" with "New-School" that is a throwback to the days when bags where visually simple but highly functional. These new laptop cases are designed for today’s laptop owners whose personal style resonates with classic materials and design, as well as wanting their electronics to be readily accessible yet well-concealed.
Like all shoulder bags in the series, the Retrospective Laptop Cases are built with durability and comfort in mind. They feature premium quality YKK RC Fuse zippers, metal hardware, leather accents, and a cushioned and padded nonslip shoulder strap that can be positioned for all-day comfort. A breakthrough in design is the smooth back-panel that reduces wear and tear on clothing. Besides carrying and concealing expensive laptops, the rear pocket is designed to hold a Tablet and the main compartment easily fits file folders, books or binders. An easily accessible front organizer features a key tether with pockets for pens, business cards and small accessories. Treated with a water resistant coating, Retrospective Laptop Cases offers double protection from the elements with a seam-sealed rain cover.
Another attractive aspect of the Retrospective collection is the price. In fact, distressed canvas bags of comparable quality are priced up to $300 whereas the Retrospective 13L is $149.75 and Retrospective 15L is $159.75. Materials
- Pine Stone & Blue Slate Exterior: All fabric exterior treated for durable water resistance, plus fabric underside has a polyurethane coating for extra water resistance, sand-washed 100% cotton canvas, antique nickel-plated metal hardware, premium quality YKK RC Fuse zippers, polyspun webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread
- Pine Stone & Blue Slate Exterior Interior: 210D silver-toned nylon, 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, 3-ply bonded nylon thread
- Black Exterior: All fabric exterior treated with durable water resistance, plus fabric underside has a polyurethane coating for extra water resistance, 1100D polyspun, antique nickel-plated metal hardware, premium quality YKK RC Fuse zippers, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread
- Black Interior: 210D silver-toned nylon, 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, 3-ply bonded nylon thread
- External Dimensions: 14.6” W x 11.4” H x 2.8” D (37 x 29 x 7 cm)
- Laptop Compartment: 13” W x 9.4” H x 1.2” D (33 x 24 x 3 cm)
- iPad Compartment: 9.8” W x 7.9” H (25 x 20 cm)
- Weight: 2.4 lbs (1.1 kg)
- External Dimensions: 16.1” W x 12.2” H x 2.8” D (41 x 31 x 7 cm)
- Laptop Compartment: 15” W x 11” H x 1.6” D (38 x 28 x 4 cm)
- iPad Compartment: 11.8” W x 9” H ( 30 x 23 cm)
- Weight: 2.8 lbs (1.3 kg)
As a visitor of The-Digital-Picture.com, receive a free gift with your purchase of $50.00 when you shop at Think Tank Photo!
Post Date: 11/18/2013 3:03:21 PM CT Posted By: Sean
The new VideoMic GO is the latest release in the Australian audio company’s successful range of VideoMic microphones for on-camera usage.
Compact and light weight by design, the VideoMic GO delivers clear, crisp, directional audio with incredible ease of use.
Its tight pickup area focuses directly in front of the microphone and reduces other surrounding sounds, ensuring that the user can isolate their subject from distracting background noise. At only 73gm (2.5oz) it is RØDE’s lightest on-camera microphone and sports an impressively compact form factor.
Designed to be as user-friendly as possible, the VideoMic GO has no switches or settings, and is powered by the camera or recording device’s external microphone input, requiring no batteries to operate.
The microphone features an integrated suspension based on Rycote’s Lyre system, which utilises a single piece of thermoplastic to isolate the microphone from knocks and bumps that could otherwise interfere with performance. In addition to its superior performance the Lyre system is hard-wearing and will never wear out, sag or snap, unlike traditional elastic-based suspension.
“The VideoMic GO is the perfect microphone for consumers wanting to get started shooting high-definition video with their DSLR, ‘point-and-shoot’ or even GoPro cameras.” Commented Damien Wilson, RØDE’s Global Marketing & Sales Director. “We’ve all experienced how terrible the audio can be using a camera’s built-in microphone, and the VideoMic GO is the answer to getting audio that matches the quality of the images, without the additional EQ and level features that are available on our other VideoMic models.”
“This user-friendly ‘plug and play’ approach, combined with its lightweight, small form factor make it ideal for carrying in small camera bags, ready at any time to capture the moment.” Adorama
carries RØDE microphones
Post Date: 11/18/2013 12:54:07 PM CT Posted By: Sean
(via BigValueInc) has the Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera Body
) available for $2,896.30 with free shipping. Compare at $3,399.00. Caveat Emptor:
BigValueInc's positive feedback rating is at 98.3%. We received information that some buyers received the wrong product when purchasing from this merchant. Be sure to keep all supporting documents if taking advantage of this offer. eBay does seem to trust "BigValueInc" enough to continue listing their auctions as "Daily Deals" and we had a good first-hand experience with them. Note:
You may also want to check out our deal from earlier today - a Canon EOS 5D Mark III & PIXMA PRO-100 Bundle
for $2,999.00 after rebate.
Post Date: 11/18/2013 11:52:50 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Field use is incredibly helpful for gear evaluation. As you likely figured out through the newsletter and the Zeiss 15mm f/2.8 Distagon T* ZE Lens review
, I was able to spend some time in Shenandoah National Park
last month. While wide angle landscapes were on the to-capture list, wildlife photography was my primary purpose for this trip.
To be more specific, I wanted to know which of three following big white lenses was my favorite for wildlife photography. Canon EF 200-400mm f/4 L IS USM Ext 1.4x LensCanon EF 500mm f/4.0 L IS II USM LensCanon EF 600mm f/4.0 L IS II USM Lens
And my answer, as you may have predicted, is "It depends." Each lens has its strengths.
From an image quality standpoint, all of these lenses deliver very high pro-grade results. It doesn't matter which lens you pick in this regard. From a "look" perspective, I prefer the more-blurred background, more-compressed look of the longest focal lengths. Again, all of these lenses have very long focal lengths available, but the 600 f/4 has the advantage. The 200-400 L's long focal length comes with the built-in 1.4x extender moved into the optical path, which sets it back one stop in the max aperture comparison. The two primes also did less focus hunting in low light, peripheral AF point scenarios.
If you can get closer to your subject and there are obstructions (trees, branches, weeds, etc.) in play, a longer focal length quickly becomes a liability. The farther away you are from the subject, the more likely that these obstructions will factor into your results. The first problem is that obstructions detract from your final image. A branch across your subject's head is not going to be welcomed. And an even bigger problem is that the obstructions can catch the attention of your camera's autofocus system, resulting in a subject that is not even in focus. Such images are throw-aways – if you can even get the photo. In SNP, I had a black bear cub run past me in the thick woods and I was not able to even capture a memory photo as the camera could not lock focus.
Because the white-tailed deer in Shenandoah National Park are relatively tolerant of humans, I was able to get closer to my subjects (at least some of the time) on this trip. And because I was shooting with LOTS of obstructions (often in relatively thick woods), getting closer was typically desirable. The 200-400 L quickly became my go-to lens on this trip and has earned permanence in my kit. Having the very long range of focal lengths immediately available when needed/desired, this lens was the ideal choice for this type of photography.
I had been pursuing a pair of buck for two hours when the larger of the two finally and suddenly walked out into a clearing. And at the perfect moment, it stopped and became alert. I had diffuse sunlight at my back. The deer's head was framed between the closest background trees and the foreground was uninterrupted. In the very short duration of time that the ideal picture remained available, I would have been very fortunate to get one acceptably-framed picture with a prime lens (due to the sneaker zooming required). But with the 200-400 L, I was able to rapidly capture a number of framing variations.
I used the 500 L IS II and 600 L IS II during the trip and they performed excellently, but when the shot really counted, I found myself going with the 200-400 L IS in this location.
Check out some images in the Shenandoah National Park gallery
Since many of these images were captured with the big white zoom lens, Canon EF 200-400mm f/4 L IS USM Ext 1.4x Lens sample pictures
are also now available.
Post Date: 11/18/2013 11:02:58 AM CT Posted By: Bryan
Post Date: 11/18/2013 9:47:22 AM CT Posted By: Sean
has a Canon EOS 5D Mark III with PIXMA PRO-100 Printer Bundle
available for $2,999.00 with free shipping after $400.00 mail-in rebate
and 2% Rewards
. Compare at $3,399.00 without printer.
Check out Bryan's full review
of the Canon EOS 5D Mark III for more information.
Post Date: 11/18/2013 8:17:38 AM CT Posted By: Sean
The Canon Store
has another Spend and Save promotion where you can save up to $50.00 on refurbished DSLR cameras
. Promotion Details:
Refurbished DSLR Cameras In Stock
Refurbished DSLR Lenses & Flashes In Stock
Post Date: 11/18/2013 8:01:45 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From PNY: Bordeaux – 18 November 2013
– PNY Technologies, a leading manufacturer and supplier of memory, imaging and graphics solutions, is pleased to unveil its new SDHC/XC High Performance memory card. The high-speed, high-capacity card is the latest solution in PNY’s imaging range to meet the demands of the high-end digital imaging market.
Offering exceptional speeds of 80MB per second, these cards are specifically designed for professional and semi-professional photographers who want to maximize the number of shots in continuous (burst) mode.
Certified Class 10 UHS-1 (Ultra High Speed), this card is ideal for photographing or filming any subject in Full HD in the most extreme conditions. Features include:
- Operating Temperature: 0 ° C to 60 ° C
- Storage Temperature: -40 ° C to 85 ° C
- Storage Humidity: 95% max, non-condensing
- Shockproof: 1.000G max use
Price & Availability
The High Performance SDHC/XC 80M/s cards are now available from PNY’s usual distribution network in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB. The super high capacity allows the most enthusiastic photographers to shoot without limit in high definition.
|Product Details ||MSRP|
|SDHC 16GB High Performance ||£17.99|
|SDHC 32GB High Performance ||£25.74|
|SDXC 64GB High Performance ||£52.63|
|SDXC 128GB High Performance||£98.99|
Amazon carries PNY memory cards.
Post Date: 11/18/2013 7:13:46 AM CT Posted By: Sean