Upon reading the modifications listed in the COOLPIX S6900 Firmware v1.1 release, I actually laughed heartily for several seconds (laughing harder with every modificaiton I read). This is definitely the strangest set of bugs I have ever seen in a camera. [Sean]
From Nikon:This service provides software for upgrading COOLPIX S6900 firmware to 1.1
Modifications enabled with this firmware upgrade
- This software is provided to those who agree to the terms of the software license at the bottom of this page. When the user selects the I agree - Begin download option outside of the frame, agreement to the terms of the software license is inferred and the user is bound by the terms of the Nikon Corporation (hereafter “Nikon”) License Agreement.
- Be sure that you have read and understand the terms of the license agreement before initiating download of this software.
The following issues with display languages selected for Language in the setup menu have been resolved.
- The German language could not be selected if Date and time under Setup Menu>Time zone and date had not been set.
- The Hungarian language could not be selected when a locked SD memory card was inserted in the camera.
- The Portuguese (PT) language could not be selected while the battery was charging while inserted in the camera, or with an active Wi-Fi connection.
- The Russian, Hungarian, and Romanian languages could not be selected with an active Wi-Fi connection.
- Depending upon the display position on the Language settings screen, the Persian language sometimes could not be selected.
the COOLPIX S6900 Firmware v1.1 Update