From Lexar: Berlin, Germany, September 5, 2013
- Lexar, a leading global brand of flash memory products, today announced the 64GB Lexar® High-Performance microSDXC™ UHS-I card with read transfer speeds up to 600x (90MB per second).* Designed to enhance the mobile video capabilities of smartphones, tablets, and sports camcorders, the Class 10 microSDXC UHS-I card allows users to capture, store, play back, and transfer up to eight hours of 1080p full-HD video and thousands of photos and songs.**
“Over the past decade, mobile technologies including smartphones, tablets, and action video cameras have become an integral part of everyday life – and new capabilities are continually being added to enhance these technologies. Mobile devices offer convenience for business and personal needs, as well as the ability to capture those special, every day moments,” said Adam Kaufman, product marketing manager, Lexar. “The Lexar High-Performance microSDXC UHS-I card provides users with a premium mobile solution that allows them to spend less time offloading their increasingly large files and more time capturing those important moments while they’re on the go.”
The Lexar High-Performance microSDXC UHS-I card comes with a USB 3.0 reader to enable high-speed file transfer rates from card to a computer. Lexar memory card designs undergo extensive testing in the Lexar Quality Labs to ensure performance, quality, compatibility, and reliability with more than 1,100 digital devices. The 64GB High-Performance microSDXC UHS-I card comes with a limited lifetime warranty. The reader is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports and comes with a one-year limited warranty.
Available for purchase from Lexar.com and leading e-tail outlets worldwide, the 64GB Lexar High-Performance microSDXC UHS-I card will be available with an MSRP of $99.99. Adorama
carries Lexar products
Post Date: 9/5/2013 2:06:41 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Lexar: Berlin, Germany, September 5, 2013
- Lexar, a leading global brand of flash memory products, today announced the Lexar® Professional Workflow Reader Solution, the only solution that transfers video and images from up to four memory cards at once using just one USB port. The solution includes a four-bay reader hub compatible with popular card formats, such as XQD™, UDMA 7 CompactFlash® (CF), Secure Digital Extended Capacity™ (SDXC) Ultra High Speed-I (UHS-I), and Secure Digital High Capacity™ (SDHC) UHS-I.
The Lexar Professional Workflow Reader Solution allows users to mix and match readers in the hub. The readers are sold separately so users can configure the hub into an ideal solution that meets their individual workflow needs:
- Lexar Professional Workflow HR1 (Four-Bay USB 3.0 Reader Hub)
- Lexar Professional Workflow SR1 (SDHC UHS-I and SDXC UHS-I USB 3.0 Reader)
- Lexar Professional Workflow CFR1 (UDMA 7 CompactFlash USB 3.0 Reader)
- Lexar Professional Workflow XR1 (XQD USB 3.0 Reader)
“The new Lexar Professional Workflow Reader Solution is a game changer, and will surpass many expectations as to what a card reader can add to a photographer’s workflow process," said Lexar Elite Photographer Scott Kelby, the leading voice in photo editing and processing. "In today's digital imaging industry, speed is the major factor that impacts all photographers and videographers. This product has been cleverly designed with a wonderful fit and finish, and once again demonstrates how Lexar is listening to its customers and delivering the kind of innovative products photographers need to stay on top in this highly competitive business."
The Lexar Professional Workflow Reader Solution transfers RAW images, high-res photos, and HD, 3D, and 4K video files at USB 3.0 speeds when using a USB 3.0 port. The modular design of the Professional Workflow Reader Solution makes it adaptable to changing technologies for future use, including new and emerging memory card formats.
“Photographers and videographers constantly struggle with improving and adjusting the efficiency of their personal workflows, and the growing number of memory card formats make this even more challenging,” said Adam Kaufman, product marketing manager, Lexar. “We designed the Lexar Professional Workflow Reader Solution to allow users to build a completely unique system that suits their needs so they can get to editing and shooting sooner. Whether photographers or videographers are shooting on four cards of the same format, or four different types of cards, the Lexar Professional Workflow Reader Solution lets them offload work faster, greatly reducing the time spent moving content from a card to a computer.”
The Lexar Professional Workflow Reader Solution comes with a two-year limited warranty, is compatible with both PC and Mac systems, and is available for purchase from Lexar.com and leading retail and e-tail outlets worldwide. The Four-Bay USB 3.0 Reader Hub has an MSRP of $79.99 and the readers have MSRPs of $29.99 (CFR1 and SR1) and $44.99 (XR1).
Adorama carries Lexar products.
Post Date: 9/5/2013 1:58:14 PM CT Posted By: Sean
has the SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card w/ Adapter
(in frustration free packaging) available for $44.00. Compare at $49.95.
Post Date: 9/5/2013 11:38:23 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Hot Deal: eBay
(via rythercamera) has the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens
) available for $679.99 with free shipping. Compare at $1,149.00. Update:
The buy-it-now price has risen since originally posted - from $650.00 to $679.99. However, it's still a very good deal.
Post Date: 9/5/2013 10:31:31 AM CT Posted By: Sean
For a limited time, DigitalRev
has the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM Art Lens
(Canon/Nikon) available for $430.00. Compare at $499.00.
Post Date: 9/5/2013 8:12:03 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Western Digital: Exclusive WD SmartWare Pro Data Protection with Local and Cloud Storage Backup via Dropbox Provides 'Ultimate Mobile Storage Solution'
IRVINE, Calif. – Sept. 5, 2013 – WD®, a Western Digital (NASDAQ: WDC) company, today announced the availability of its My Passport Slim line of portable hard drives, the first thin drives to offer up to 2 TB capacity, a metal enclosure, and 256-bit hardware-based encryption. The included WD SmartWare Pro data protection software allows users to back up their data to their My Passport Slim and keep an extra copy in their Dropbox account for peace-of-mind. The software also lets users back up their Dropbox1 account to the My Passport Slim. These features make the My Passport Slim an ideal choice for protecting, storing, and enjoying digital content on the go.
Available in 1 TB and 2 TB capacities, the My Passport Slim measures a scant 4.33 x 3.14 x 0.48-inches*, giving mobile consumers an easy and convenient way to transport their favorite music, movies, photos and documents.
The My Passport Slim also incorporates super-fast USB 3.0 connectivity for quick transfer speeds of high resolution digital files.
“WD's My Passport Slim drives are setting a new industry standard for portability, capacity, and file protection,” explained Scott Steffens, general manager of WD's consumer storage solutions group. “Its beautiful metal exterior, combined with up to 2 TB of storage, hardware encryption, and WD SmartWare Pro backup protection make it the only storage device today's mobile consumers will ever need to bring with them.” Pricing and Availability
My Passport Slim portable hard drives are protected by a 3-year limited warranty and will be available from the WD store at wdstore.com as well as select retailers and distributors. My Passport Slim 1 TB has a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $99.99 USD, and the My Passport Slim 2 TB2 is $149.99.
*Measurement for 1TB. 2TB measures 4.33 x 3.14 x 0.7-inches Adorama
carries Western Digital portable hard drives
. T-D-P.com Note:
Hard drive failure isn't just a possibility – given enough time, it's inevitable. Be sure to keep backups of everything that's important you. We use several Western Digital My Passport drives for backup purposes. The drives are small, convenient and quite reliable.
Post Date: 9/5/2013 7:27:28 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From RØDE: 5th Sep 2013
– RØDE Microphones has announced the release of the MiCon-11 adaptor cable, which provides connection between the RØDE HS1 headset, PinMic and Lavalier microphones, and TRRS devices such as the Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch as well as a large number of Android phones and tablets.
This now means that users of these microphones are able to take advantage of the RØDE Rec app on Apple iOS devices, recording high-quality audio direct to their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. With a large scale update of the app to be released later this month, this functionality will be further enhanced.
“The MiCon system was born out of frustration from working with other manufacturers’ wireless systems.” said Damien Wilson, RØDE’s Global Marketing & Sales Director. “With MiCon the idea is to allow anyone that invests in our microphones a versatile suite of connectivity options, so if you upgrade your wireless system or want to connect it to another device you don’t have to buy a completely new mic.”
“Today’s release of the MiCon-11 really highlights the benefits of this system.” He continued. “Since the release of the smartLav in January we’ve been overwhelmed by worldwide demand, proving that this convergent technology is exactly what today’s consumers and professionals alike are looking for. Now with the MiCon-11 we can easily enable users of our broadcast-quality compact wearable microphones to take advantage of the many benefits of recording direct to their iOS device with the RØDE Rec app.”
The 1.2m/4’ cable adaptor also includes a MiCon male-to-male interface to allow it to be used as an extension for other MiCon cables from RØDE.
With this announcement RØDE now offers eleven different interface options for customers to connect their microphones, including wireless systems from seven different manufacturers. Adorama
carries RØDE products
Post Date: 9/5/2013 7:11:04 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Elegant Precision, Elite Performance: The Nikon COOLPIX P7800 Helps Effortlessly Capture Stunning Images with Confidence and Control
Nikon’s Newest Advanced Performance Camera Offers Leading Performance and Features for Those Who Want Quality Photos and HD Video
MELVILLE, N.Y. – Today, Nikon Inc. announced the COOLPIX P7800, the latest addition to Nikon’s Advanced Performance COOLPIX lineup that offers Nikon’s optical excellence and versatile high-performance features in a portable, compact body. Equipped with both automatic and advanced features, the P7800 presents a high-powered and intuitive option for those who want superior image quality and performance, without sacrificing creative control. Packed with innovative features, including a large 12.2-megapixel CMOS sensor, a fast maximum aperture f/2.0 lens and new electronic viewfinder, the P7800 captures images and HD video with elegance and precision, even in difficult low-light shooting scenarios.
“This addition to the Advanced Performance COOLPIX series affirms Nikon’s commitment to integrating our storied optical legacy into powerful yet compact cameras,” said Bo Kajiwara, Vice President of Marketing, Planning and Customer Experience, Nikon Inc. “The new COOLPIX P7800 will allow photographers of every level to explore their photographic potential while capturing top-class images and Full HD video.”
Elite Performance and Optics
The COOLPIX P7800 sports a large 1/1.7-inch 12.2-megapixel backside-illuminated CMOS sensor and a versatile 7.1x zoom range (28-200mm equivalent). This combination ensures the capture of stunning images and Full HD video in a variety of difficult shooting environments. Whether shooting portraits, landscapes or documenting the family vacation, the P7800 is the ideal compact camera for almost any occasion.
Low-light performance is bolstered by a blazing fast f/2.0-4.0 glass lens that lets more light in, allowing the user to shoot with faster shutter speeds, and providing sharper results, even without the flash. Additionally, lens-shift Vibration Reduction (VR) in the lens helps create consistently steady and clear shots when shooting handheld, even while moving. For moments when speed is of the essence, the COOLPIX P7800 also features extremely fast continuous shooting, at 8 frames-per-second (fps) for up to six shots, allowing the user to be ready for every memorable, fleeting moment.
The camera is also capable of pristine Full HD 1080p video recording with stereo sound. While recording, the P7800 allows effortless optical zoom and presents several in-camera special effects as well as manual controls affording incredible video potential.
Controlled Precision for Every User
The Nikon COOLPIX P7800 presents a portable, practical and powerful compact camera option for the casual or advanced shooter looking to capture photos with precision and confidence. For capturing a fast moving soccer match or documenting the family vacation, a variety of useful scene and shooting modes are at the user’s disposal to help custom tailor the camera’s settings for a number of different shooting situations. An intuitive menu and external control system make it easy to navigate and control with ease.
For more advanced users who seek the ultimate in creative freedom, the COOLPIX P7800 offers complete creative controls that afford any photographer the ability to customize every shot. The P7800 is equipped with full manual controls (P,S,A,M) and the ability to capture RAW files, enabling the user to capture and edit uncompressed images. Styled in a classic design with a litany of external analog controls and mode dials for convenient access, this potent compact camera provides the uncompromising control that enthusiasts and professionals covet, clearing the way for the capture of beautiful images and Full HD video. Much like other Advanced Performance COOLPIX offerings, the P7800 is also compatible with many Nikon accessories, including Speedlights and external GPS units.
Capture and Share with Ease
The Nikon COOLPIX P7800 will be available in September 2013 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $549.95**.
The New Nikon COOLPIX S02 is the Ultra-Chic Answer for Capturing Amazing Images
The Perfect Accessory: The COOLPIX S02 is Super Compact, Stylish and Simple to Use
MELVILLE, N.Y. – Today, Nikon Inc. introduced the tiny COOLPIX S02, a stylish, super-compact camera that proves great image quality can come in small packages. The new COOLPIX camera is ideal for those who seek easy-to-use features and speedy performance whether on-the-go or out on the town with friends. The S02 is a stylish, hip and inexpensive ultra-mini compact camera, and a great gift for the trendy individual.
The new COOLPIX S02 features an easy-navigable home screen and user interface with shortcut menus for quick operation, making it simple to acquire share-worthy images with incredible detail and sharpness. The S02 strikes a balance between style and size, making it a must-have accessory to have on hand at all times.
“The new COOLPIX S02 is Nikon’s latest super sleek offering to give consumers a simple way to achieve exceptional image quality with stylish flair,“ said Bo Kajiwara, Vice President of Marketing, Planning and Customer Experience, Nikon Inc. “The COOLPIX S02 is user-friendly, making it great for capturing memorable moments in an instant with ease.”
The COOLPIX S02’s ultra-compact design houses a 13.2-megapixel CMOS sensor to help users capture amazing image quality and Full HD 1080p video, even in challenging lighting conditions. The 3x zoom NIKKOR lens of the S02 helps produce truly exceptional images that only a camera with a zoom lens can help capture. Though astoundingly small, the S02 is easy to operate thanks to a highly responsive 2.7-inch touch screen, letting the user focus on capturing every precious moment.
In addition to its fashionable, compact design, the COOLPIX S02 also includes user-friendly features like Scene Auto Selector Mode which helps the user effortlessly capture high quality images. To help the user capture images in almost any scenario or lighting condition with ease and confidence, the ideal scene mode is automatically chosen based on the distinctive shooting situation (portrait, landscape, night portrait, night landscape, close-up and backlighting). The COOLPIX S02 also includes a hand-held night scene mode for improved low-light shots and backlit scene HDR for improved picture quality even in brightly lit situations. Additionally, a group of special effects can be used to give images a new fun, creative twist, including Mirror, Sepia, High Contrast Monochrome, High Key and Low Key.
Price and Availability
The Nikon COOLPIX S02 will be available in September 2013 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $179.95* in a variety of trendy colors including silver, white, pink and blue.
Nikon Introduces the New Nikon LD-1000 LED Movie Light, a Compact LED Light for Nikon 1 System and COOLPIX Cameras
The Nikon LD-1000 LED Movie Light Provides Additional Illumination When Capturing Still Images and HD Movies
MELVILLE, N.Y. – Today, Nikon announced the new LD-1000 LED Movie Light, an optional lighting accessory for Nikon 1 and COOLPIX cameras. The LD-1000 LED Movie Light is compact and lightweight, making it convenient to take anywhere. Additionally, it features a built-in diffusion panel, enabling natural, even exposure and smooth textures with soft light. For further versatility, the bracket can be removed from the movie light, allowing it to be held in the hand for free control over the angle of lighting.
Primary Features of the Nikon LD-1000 LED Movie Light:
Diffusion Panel for Soft Light that Enables Natural Rendering
The built-in diffusion panel evenly diffuses light for clear and consistent soft illumination. It also enables natural rendering of textures with minimal glare. The movie light can be used as an additional light source when capturing close proximity photography of still subjects like food, or as an additional light source for HD video.
Continuous Lighting, The Degree of Which Can be Confirmed During Shooting
As the movie light emits light continuously, rather than momentarily as a conventional camera flash does, the degree and effect of the light can be confirmed in the live view display as it strikes the subject while shooting.
Removable Bracket for Lighting From Any Angle
The movie light can be separated from the camera bracket, allowing users to adjust direction and height, as well as the distance of the light from the subject to achieve an optimal lighting angle regardless of the camera's position. Flexible control over the way a light strikes a subject makes natural rendering possible with a three-dimensional feel.
Price and Availability
The Nikon LD-1000 LED Movie Light will come in Black and White and will be available in October 2013 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $99.95*.
*SRP (Suggested Retail Price) listed only as a suggestion. Actual prices are set by dealers and are subject to change at any time.
Post Date: 9/5/2013 6:35:51 AM CT Posted By: Sean
(via 6ave) has the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens
available for $750.57 with free shipping. Compare at $1,149.00.
Post Date: 9/4/2013 8:28:25 PM CT Posted By: Sean
The Canon Store
has two big white lenses now available in the refurbished inventory:
I don't imagine they'll last long. Jump on one while you can!
Post Date: 9/4/2013 3:48:40 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Adobe just announced a Photoshop Photography Program for Creative Cloud at Photoshop World. In short, you can get Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5 for $9.99/month. There is a catch, though - to get this pricing, you must be an owner of Photoshop CS3 or later. While I haven't seen an official press release regarding the new program, I did find some FAQs on Adobe's site:
From Adobe FAQ: What is the Adobe Photoshop Photography Program offer?
This offer includes access to Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5, plus feature updates and upgrades as they are available; 20GB of cloud storage for file sharing and collaboration; and Behance ProSite for your own fully customizable professional portfolio. That means you get all the benefits of a Creative Cloud single-app membership for Photoshop CC, but with Lightroom 5 included as well, for about half the monthly price.
This offer is available to customers who own a previous version of Photoshop or Photoshop Extended, version CS3 or later (CS3.x, CS4, CS5.x, or CS6). Requires an annual commitment with monthly billing. Valid from September 17, 2013, through December 31, 2013, in countries where Creative Cloud is purchased directly from Adobe.com. Can I get Adobe Bridge CC with the Photoshop Photography Program offer?
Yes. Bridge CC is available for download and use as part of your Creative Cloud membership. I am already a Creative Cloud member. Do I qualify for this offer?
Existing Creative Cloud members who wish to transition to this offer must own a previous version of Photoshop or Photoshop Extended, version CS3 or later (CS3.x, CS4, CS5.x, or CS6).
If you meet this qualification, how you transition will depend on the type of membership you have:
- Photoshop CC single-app members will be automatically transitioned to this new program, with its additional benefits and lower ongoing price.
- Creative Cloud complete members should contact Adobe Customer Service to discuss transitioning to this new offer.
I own an earlier version of Lightroom but not Photoshop. Do I qualify for the Photoshop Photography Program offer?
No. Only customers who own a previous version of Photoshop CS3 or later qualify.
Will the cost of my Photoshop Photography Program membership increase?
Customers who sign up by December 31, 2013 will be able to continue their membership. This price is not a special introductory price for your first year only; it is the standard price for this level of membership. But if you cancel your membership in the future, you will not be able to re-join at this special price.
Update: Looks like Adobe still doesn't have the signup page active - I jumped the gun with the previous update/link. I'll update with a new post when the signup page becomes available.
Post Date: 9/4/2013 2:01:12 PM CT Posted By: Sean
I am LOVING the always-on Canon EOS 70D
viewfinder level indicator. This feature marks a great step forward in resolution of my HLDS (Horizon Level Deficiency Syndrome).
Some of the other recent Canon DSLR Cameras
have a viewfinder level indicator that utilizes existing focus points or the exposure scale at the bottom of the viewfinder to show the camera's state of levelness. This feature has been extremely useful to me.
But, as soon as I half-press the shutter release, the level indication goes away. I am relied upon to maintain the camera's levelness as I focus, adjust framing and then shoot. To compensate, I often focus, switch to manual focus mode, frame, turn on the level indicator and then take the shot. I of course need to remember to turn AF back on before shooting the next scene.
I maintain a Canon wish list (it might show up again as a "What I Want from Canon for Christmas" post). Having a viewfinder level indicator that continues to function up until the shutter release has been on my list.
With it's always-on (when metering is live), easy-to-see, dedicated, superimposed viewfinder level indicator, the EOS 70D solves that problem. It is even available during AI Servo full frame rate burst shooting (if I can maintain the brain power to use it). While this feature seems minor and insignificant, the small improvement can make a difference in the quality of your images if pixel-level-destructive image rotation is no longer required during post processing. Having properly-leveled images right out of the camera can also save many hours of work after a big shoot.
Now, Canon, would it be too much to ask to have the viewfinder level in the previous so-equipped DSLRs remain live until shutter release via a firmware update? My EOS 5D Mark III
bodies especially need it!
And while I'm asking. For the times when I still don't get the camera level ... Since the camera knows the level reading at the time the shot was captured, record the level meter reading in EXIF and then give me an option to auto-level the image in DPP (Canon's Digital Photo Pro software).
Post Date: 9/4/2013 10:53:14 AM CT Posted By: Bryan
(via BigValueInc) has the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens
) available for $2,047.82 with free shipping. Compare at $2,299.00. Caveat Emptor:
BigValueInc's positive feedback rating is at 98.2%. We received information that some buyers received the wrong product when purchasing from this merchant. Be sure to keep all supporting documents if taking advantage of this offer.
Post Date: 9/4/2013 10:44:30 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Read the initial email signup post
to learn a bit more about the site's new newsletter. I will be randomly selecting one email address from the active list to give away an awesome Think Tank Photo StreetWalker HardDrive Camera Backpack
. This will be the last notice prior to the giveaway!
Post Date: 9/4/2013 10:15:45 AM CT Posted By: Bryan
For a limited time, DigitalRev
has the Canon EOS 700D (Rebel T5i) with EF-S 18-55mm IS STM Lens
available for $739.00. Compare at $849.00.
Post Date: 9/4/2013 9:39:23 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Canon: MELVILLE, N.Y., September 4, 2013
– Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is set to expand its imagePROGRAF large format S-Series printers, adding the 44-inch iPF8400S and 24-inch iPF6400S printers, which will offer enhanced print management and color control capabilities, versus the previous models. The new printers are designed to aid graphic arts providers in maximizing productivity while printing their jobs, helping to ensure output is consistent and accurate. In addition, the new imagePROGRAF models boast features with the ability to help ensure color consistency of an entire fleet of iPFX400 series printers across multiple office locations and environments. With the ability to execute high-volume, reliable output, it is well-suited for print service providers and in-plant operations that receive frequent, large-quantity requests from clients with high-standards for color consistency.
"The color calibration capabilities of our newest imagePROGRAF models arm providers with an advantage in today's highly competitive production printing market," said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Marketing, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. "These machines are designed to excel in demanding industry segments, and we are confident that our customers will be impressed with their efficient, accurate and consistent management of high-volume print jobs enabled by the calibration capabilities and print management features included in these models." Color Management and Control
Maintaining consistent, reliable output is an important control requirement of industry service providers. The 44-inch iPF8400S and 24-inch iPF6400S printers feature an enhanced color calibration system that can help ensure consistency while offering flexibility.
- Multi-Sensor: The iPFX400S printers are equipped with an upgraded multi-sensor versus the prior model, using a three-color LED and recently developed condenser lens to help improve recalibration and maintain an average printer-to-printer color difference of ?E00 = 2.0. In addition, this process can be performed using lightweight paper, reducing the amount of ink used and time needed for drying versus the prior models.
- SU-21 Spectrophotometer: An option for the 24-inch iPF6400S printer, the spectrophotometer can be used to drive the calibration of an entire network of iPFX400S printers, helping significantly reduce the amount of time spent configuring a fleet and helping maximize the productivity of each device. Since only one spectrophotometer is needed, this is also an efficient and cost-effective approach to managing color.
Fleet-Wide Printer Management
As industry providers increase in size and capabilities, so does the demand for streamlined administration of print fleets both large and small. The Canon iPFX400S printer lineup is designed to meet these needs with a set of features, including the Color Calibration Management Console (CCMC), remote functionality and scheduled color check features, that once networked help improve access and general operation of an iPFX400S printer fleet versus the prior models, whether printers are in close proximity, reside in nearby rooms or even exist in separate buildings.
- Color Calibration Management Console (CCMC): This software application provides system-wide color management control, from a single PC, helping streamline the distribution of color measurement data across a fleet of iPFX400S printers.
- Remote Functionality: Administrators are notified in real-time when tasks are finished or if an error occurs.
- Scheduled Color Check: Users can save time and expedite printing processes as this feature can automatically perform regular color checks on dates and times scheduled by the user.
Enhanced Productivity Features
With intuitive software programs and the CCMC, the new devices can help streamline print jobs and ensure resources are used efficiently. These features further expand the capabilities of each printer and can help providers manage a diverse range of client requests, including the ability to print from one machine or a fleet of printers.
- High-Capacity Ink System: The iPF6400S printer now has the ability to use 300ml ink tanks, while the iPF8400S can accommodate 330ml and 700ml ink tanks. In addition, Canon's unique sub-ink tank system in both models allows ink to be replaced while prints are in-progress helping ensure jobs can be completed virtually seamlessly.
- Efficient Printing Capabilities: Each of the new imagePROGRAF printers also features a unique print-head configuration that enables high-quality printing with fewer total passes from its previous model. With a built-in 250GB hard drive, data can be stored and retrieved directly from the printer so frequently placed jobs can be completed without needing to resend documents.
- Included Software Solutions: Canon's new imagePROGRAF S-Series printers are equipped with tools that help foster productivity, monitor costs and expand the range of output options. For example, the Accounting Manager Feature tracks customer consumable costs, while a variety of plug-ins support different data files and output. With the Direct Print & Share cloud-based portal solution*, file-sharing is enhanced so printing and processing documents is easier and more streamlined than with prior models.
Device Details & Availability
Canon's new imagePROGRAF iPFX400S models - the iPF8400S and iPF6400S printers - are expected to be available in mid-September 2013 through Authorized Canon Dealers and Premier Partner Resellers and will have a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $4,995 and $2,995 respectively.
Adorama carries Canon imagePROGRAF large format printers.
Post Date: 9/4/2013 8:54:35 AM CT Posted By: Sean
For today only, 1 Sale A Day
has the Nikon D3200 with 18-55mm VR Lens
available for $479.99 with free shipping. Compare at $546.95.
Post Date: 9/4/2013 8:06:02 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Canon: New Capabilities Include ACESproxy Output, Full RAW 120fps 4096 x 1080 Resolution and DCI-P3+ Color Gamut Support for the EOS C500 Camera, and 80,000 ISO Shooting for All Three Cinema EOS Camera Models MELVILLE, N.Y., September 4, 2013
- Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, has announced significant enhancements for the EOS C500 and EOS C300 Digital Cinema Cameras, and the EOS C100 HD Digital Video Camera, through new firmware scheduled to be available starting in November 2013 for the EOS C300 and EOS C100 camera and December 2013 for the EOS C500. In addition, the XF305 and XF300 series camcorders are scheduled to receive firmware updates in early 2014 that include GPS support and enhanced digital tele-converter capabilities. Based on input from the motion picture and television production communities, these updates are designed to extend image capture capabilities, increase operational convenience, enhance the versatility of recorded files, and facilitate postproduction workflow efficiencies, particularly with regard to maintaining accurate industry-standard color values.
"Canon is committed to supporting the motion picture and television production communities to the fullest extent possible," stated Yuichi Ishizuka, executive vice president and general manager, Imaging Technologies & Communications Group, Canon U.S.A. "Canon listens closely to comments from the production industry. These new Canon firmware updates for Cinema EOS cameras and XF300-series camcorders are designed to enhance the ability of filmmakers and professional content creators to meet their technical and creative needs, and help them tell their stories as they envisioned them."
Among the updates for the Canon Cinema EOS C500 Cinema Camera are: an ACESproxy (Academy Color Encoding System) output from the camera's 3G-SDI monitor terminal for immediate on-set color correction (using a compatible ACES monitor with ASC CDL [The American Society of Cinematographers Color Decision List]) while primary footage is being recorded in RAW; support for the DCI-P3+ color gamut (a selectable function providing a wider range of color than DCI-P3); Canon proprietary Cinema Gamut for an even greater color gamut than industry standards ITU-R BT.709 (Rec. 709) and DCI-P3; and greater still than DCI-P3+. The firmware also includes an increase in ISO of up to 80,000 for capturing usable footage in darker conditions (including moonlight). The ISO increase also applies to the Canon EOS C300 Cinema Camera and the Canon EOS C100 Digital Video Camera, both of which also share additional firmware enhancements with the EOS C500 Cinema Camera, including a Peripheral Lens Correction feature to maintain even illumination from corner to corner of the image when using select EF lenses. A full list of all firmware updates for each EOS camera appears below. Canon EOS C500 Firmware Updates
- ACESproxy output from the camera's 3G-SDI monitor terminal - Allows filmmakers to grade their footage (which is being recorded in RAW) immediately on-set using a compatible ACES monitor with ASC CDL. This provides an accurate representation of how the footage will look after being color graded in the DI suite when a project uses ACES.
- Support for DCI-P3+ color gamut (Cinema Raw Development) - DCI-P3 is the standard color gamut for digital movie projection. DCI-P3+ is an expanded gamut. This color space shares the same white point as DCI-P3, but encompasses a much greater range of color. By exceeding the DCI-P3 standard, the Canon EOS C500 camera offers filmmakers, in particular the cinematographer, an increase in saturated colors which can be faithfully reproduced, as well as a more accurate representation of the original subject color.
- Canon Proprietary Cinema Gamut - Cinema Gamut is the widest color space currently available for the EOS C500 Cinema Camera. Canon's Cinema Gamut is wider than both Rec. 709 and DCI-P3+, allowing end users to faithfully record highly saturated color while retaining fine variations of both hue and saturation.
- Canon Log LUT (look-up-table) available over the 3G-SDI monitor terminal - When the camera is recording in Canon Log format, the image that is simultaneously outputted over the 3G-SDI terminal to an external monitor can be viewed in its original color space without the apparent lack of contrast and color saturation, resultant of the Log format.
- 4096 x 1080 RAW resolution - In this new shooting mode, in full RAW recording, the vertically cropped center of the EOS C500 camera's Super 35mm CMOS sensor can now record in 4096 x 1080 native resolution, up to 120fps.
Canon EOS C500, C300 and C100 Camera Firmware Updates
- Peripheral lens correction feature - This maintains even illumination from corner to corner of the image and virtually eliminates vignetting across the image. There are 14 Canon EF-Series photographic lenses that benefit from this feature including the EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF400mm f/2.8L IS II USM, the EF500mm and EF600mm f/4L IS II USM. The seven Canon CN-E Series Cinema Lensesi that benefit from this feature include the CN-E15.5-47mm and CN-E30-105mm T2.8L S compact Cinema zooms, the CN-E14mm T3.1L F, the CN-E24mm T1.5L F, the CN-E 50mm T1.3L F, the CN-E85mm T1.3L F, and the CN-E135mm T2.2L F Cinema prime lenses.
- ISO increased up to 80,000 - This provides the EOS C500, EOS C300 and EOS C100 cameras with greater light sensitivity than ever before. Great for documentaries and other forms of reality production, this ISO increase can help capture shots that may have been previously impossible to capture.
- Ability to shift the magnification location in the viewfinder - Allows users to manually move the magnification view area to one of 25 different locations using the joystick on the camera. With this feature, the camera operator can easily check focus even on subjects that are not located directly in the center of the frame.
- Record button lock - The lock setting on the Key Lock now makes it possible to lock all operations, including the RECORD button, to prevent accidental operation during takes.
Canon EOS C500 and C300 Camera Firmware Updates
- Multi-person log-in for the Canon Wi-Fi® remote application - This allows two users to log-in to a single camera, allowing for camera operation/control with one log-in and metadata to be inputted by the second log-in simultaneously. This is essential when time is critical and production tasks need to be completed immediately.
- Ability to assign ISO and iris adjustments to the control dial (or, on the EOS C300 camera, the dial on the removable side grip handle) - This gives operators the option to allocate whichever setting they prefer to either dial, allowing for specific changes at a moment's notice.
Canon EOS C300 Camera; XF305 & X300 Camcorder Firmware Updates
- GPS Support - Provides accurate metadata on the location and time of each clip, including longitude, latitude, and altitude for the EOS C300 camera when used with Canon's optional GP-E1 or GPS Receiver and for the XF305 and XF300 camcorders when used with Canon's optional GP-E2 GPS Receiver. This is an especially handy feature for documentaries, ENG (Electronic News Gathering) and reality programming.
Canon EOS C300 Firmware Updates
- Wide DR gamma - With a high dynamic range that maintains highlight detail and preserves perfect gradations of color, this feature is designed to help achieve perfect color without adjustment. Optimized for display monitors, wide DR gamma is well-suited for productions that do not allow for lengthy postproduction processing and color grading, such as budget-conscious indie films, web series, or documentaries.
- 1440 x 1080 35Mbps for broadcast requirements - This highly utilized recording mode (at 60i or 50i) is designed to enable the EOS C300 camera to seamlessly align with the standard workflows used by many major broadcast news networks.
- Push auto iris/one-shot AF - These new additions make the EOS C300 camera increasingly attractive for solo, run-and-gun style cinéma vérité shooting. These features (which are already included in the EOS C100 camera), automatically adjust the exposure and/or focus to the most suitable setting at the push of a button. They also provide support for the Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM standard zoom lens. The new peripheral lens correction feature further benefits the use of this lens by virtually eliminating vignetting and maintaining even illumination across the image.
- Automatic Exposure (AE) Shift/ Selecting the Metering Mode/ Flicker Reduction - AE Shift can be used to compensate the automatic exposure set by the camera when using the push auto iris function. Users can engage AE Shift in the camera menu to make slight adjustments to the image brightness helping compensate for scenes that are slightly over or underexposed. The new AE Shift capability provides 15 steps, from -2 to +2. The new firmware also enables three light metering mode options to be selected: Standard, Backlight or Spotlight. By selecting a light-metering mode to match one of three recording conditions, users will help ensure the EOS C300 camera obtains a suitable exposure level when the push auto iris function is used. When recording under artificial light, the camera's monitor may flicker depending on the shutter speed. By setting Flicker Reduction to "Automatic" the EOS C300 camera will automatically detect and reduce flicker on the camera's monitor.
Canon EOS C100 Camera Firmware Update
- Menu Navigation now possible through buttons on camera body - Previously menu navigation on the EOS C100 camera was only possible through the removable joystick - when the joystick was detached, menu navigation ceased. Allowing users to easily navigate menu options, even with the removable joystick grip detached, buttons on the rear of the camera body will be able to navigate menu options with this new firmware. The buttons on the rear of the camera under the built-in monitor can be assigned as follows: 1) Set, 2) Up, 3) Left, 4) Down, 5) Right.
XF305 and XF300 Camcorder Firmware Update
- Digital Tele-Converter - This update extends the choice of magnification settings with two great options from the current 1.5X to 3X and 6X.
All products in the Canon Cinema EOS line are engineered to provide outstanding image creation capabilities for professionals in the motion picture, television and diverse high-resolution digital production industries. All of these products are designed to contribute to the continued advancement of tools for visual expression and they convey Canon's ongoing commitment to the industry.
|Model:||EOS C500||EOS C300||EOS C100||XF305||XF300|
| ||Scheduled to be available in Dec. '13||Scheduled to be available in Nov. '13||Scheduled to be available in Nov. '13||Scheduled to be available in Q1 '14||Scheduled to be available in Q1 '14|
|ACESproxy||X|| || || || |
|DCI-P3+ Support||X|| || || || |
|Canon Cinema Gamut||X|| || || || |
|Canon Log LUT over SDI||X|| || || || |
|Cooling Fan Control||X|| || || || |
|4096 x 1080 RAW||X|| || || || |
|Peripheral Lens Correction||X||X||X|| || |
|ISO Up to 80,000||X||X||X|| || |
|Magnify Location Shift||X||X||X|| || |
|Record Button Lock||X||X||X|| || |
|GPS Support|| ||X|| ||X||X|
|Multi-Person Log-In||X||X|| || || |
|ISO/Iris Assignment||X||X|| || || |
|Wide DR Gamma|| ||X|| || || |
|1440 x 1080 at 35Mbps|| ||X|| || || |
|Push Auto Iris|| ||X|| || || |
|One-Shot AF|| ||X|| || || |
|AE Shift/ Metering Mode/ Flicker Reduction|| ||X|| || || |
|Menu Navigation through Camera Body Buttons|| || ||X|| || |
|Digital Tele-Converter|| || || ||X||X|
Adorama carries Canon Cinema cameras.
Post Date: 9/4/2013 7:38:44 AM CT Posted By: Sean