Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Epson Adds Exhibition Watercolor Paper Textured to Signature Worthy Collection
From Epson: Epson Exhibition Watercolor Paper Textured Provides Quality and Versatility for Professional Photography and Fine Art Reproduction Markets NEW YORK – Oct. 25, 2013
– Epson America today announced the newest addition to its award winning portfolio of Signature Worthy media. Engineered for the most discerning professional photographers, artists, museums, and fine-art reproduction houses, Epson Exhibition Watercolor Paper Textured is designed to deliver a distinctive feel along with rich blacks, a wide color gamut and smooth tonal gradations for the ultimate in quality, both visually and tactility.
“In response to the growing demand for a superior cotton fiber digital fine art paper with the look and feel of a traditional artist’s watercolor paper, Epson worked in collaboration with the world’s leading creative professionals to design an extremely versatile paper that meets their requirements and upholds our reputation for delivering only the highest quality media,” said Jeff Smith, product manager, Epson America, Inc. “The unique textured surface, combined with industry-leading physical properties and exceptional roll to roll consistency, offers professional photographers and fine artists an excellent new paper to better exhibit their work.”
Epson Exhibition Watercolor Paper Textured is manufactured with the revered mould-made process, utilizing custom made felts for a unique, highly textured watercolor surface and finish to help achieve the best combination of image quality and image permanence1. In addition to the 22 Mil caliper and 310 gsm, Exhibition Watercolor Paper is 100 percent cotton fiber and acid, lignin and OBA-free, making it an ideal fine art paper for today’s printing professionals.
The paper will be available in November through Epson Authorized Resellers in roll widths of 17, 24 and 44-inches, and 8.5” x 11”, 13” x 19” and 17” x 22” cut sheets. Pricing information (MSRP) is available in the following table.
17" x 50’ roll
24" x 50’ roll
44" x 50’ roll
8.5" x 11” cut sheets
(25 sheets per box)
13" x 19” cut sheets
(25 sheets per box)
17" x 22” cut sheets
(25 sheets per box)
Adorama carries Epson paper products.
Thursday, September 19, 2013
Epson Introduces New Connect Features
From Epson: New Epson Connect Features Extend Mobile Printing Capabilities for Home and Business Print, Create and Share from Anywhere with Free Epson Connect Solutions LONG BEACH, Calif. – Sept. 19, 2013
– Catering to today’s increasingly mobile lifestyles and productivity needs, Epson America, Inc. today announced several enhancements to its suite of free Epson Connect mobile printing solutions, making it easier and more powerful than ever for users to print documents, photos, emails and web pages from anywhere in the world using an Epson Connect -enabled printer and an iPad, iPhone, tablet, smartphone, or computer1.
Headlining the robust set of upgrades is the all new Epson Creative Print App, enabling consumers to unleash their creativity and share customized photos, personal messages and more. With Epson Creative Print, users can access and print photos directly from their Facebook account and transform their photos into memorable keepsakes. Use Creative Print to create unique greeting cards and stationery, print onto CD/DVDs, and even turn photos into personalized coloring book templates.
“Home users now have a new and creative way to personalize their photos with the Epson Creative Print App while business users have powerful new Epson Connect enhancements for their smartphones, tablets or laptops so they can be productive anytime, anywhere,” said Patrick Chen, product manager of mobile connectivity, Epson America, Inc. “Our goal is to make accessing, sharing and printing files as easy and as powerful as possible regardless of which device you are using or where you happen to be. The latest free Epson Connect enhancements and solutions change the way consumers and business professionals create and print.”
Epson Connect mobile printing features and enhancements include:
- New Epson Creative Print App – Access and print Facebook photos, create custom greeting cards and stationery, print onto CD/DVDs, and turn photos into coloring book templates using this app on iPad, iPhone or Android tablet and phones.
- Epson iPrint App – iPrint transforms smartphones and tablets into a powerful productivity tool. Easily access files from Box, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, and Microsoft SkyDrive, and print them from anywhere1 even within complex corporate networks. Transfer files from USB drives or memory cards using the slots on the printer, or scan from a nearby Epson printer, then email or share files online.
- Epson E-mail Print – Remotely send documents and photos from any email-enabled device directly and simultaneously to multiple Epson printers with unique email addresses for printed output from 4” x 6” up to 11”x 17.”
- Epson Remote Print – Streamline productivity without worrying about formatting or adjusting fonts. Simply print remotely from a computer or laptop to an Epson email-enabled printer anywhere in the world using any Windows or Mac application with a print function.
In addition, Epson Connect incorporates an optional level of security to ensure users have the ability to reduce unwanted prints and eliminate spam. By enabling an “Approved Sender’s List,” users can specify the email addresses or email domains that are allowed to print unattended to the printer's email address.
All Epson Connect solutions are available now with the exception of Epson Remote Print for Mac, which will be available for download mid-October. The Epson Creative Print App is now available for use with select Epson Expression all-in-one models. Visit www.epson.com/connect for more information on mobile printing capabilities, supported models and availability.
Adorama carries Epson printers.
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Epson Announces Ultra-Slim Expression Premium Small-in-One Printers
From Epson: LONG BEACH, Calif. – Sept. 10, 2013
– Epson America, Inc. today launched the feature-rich Epson Expression Premium XP-810 and XP-610 Small-in-One printers designed for today’s busy families and photo enthusiasts. Packing ultra -powerful performance into an ultra-slim design, the Expression Premium series leverages Epson's MicroPiezo printing technology and Claria Premium inks to produce consumer-rated unbeatable quality prints at home or on-the-go with Epson Connect for easy printing from a tablet, smartphone or computer from literally anywhere in the world.
The Expression XP-810 and XP-610 are designed as complete wireless solutions, featuring built-in Wi-Fi CERTIFIED n and Wi-Fi Direct for network-free printing. Both models are always ready to print, offering built-in memory card slots for PC-free printing, automatic two-sided printing to save paper, easy-to-use creative tools such as a dedicated photo tray and direct CD/DVD printing, as well as built-in auto photo correction tools.
“Expression Premium Small-in-Ones are designed to provide busy households and photo enthusiasts with a powerful creativity tool, packing a robust feature set and unbeatable photo quality into an ultra slim design,” said Joe Keller, product manager, Consumer Ink Jets, Epson America, Inc. “With comprehensive wireless capabilities and Epson Connect mobile printing solutions, it’s now easier than ever for consumers to print from the home or anywhere in the world.”
The flagship Expression XP-810 adds a 30-page Auto Document Feeder for automatic two-sided copying, scanning and faxing, a 3.5-inch touchscreen with gesture navigation for easy setup and operation, specialty paper support through its rear paper feed, and an auto-extend paper output tray. Plus, time-saving, bonus templates are also available for printing lined school paper, graph paper, calendar pages, and custom note paper with personal photos – all without a computer. Additional Expression Premium Small-in-One Features:
- Epson Connect – easily print and scan from anywhere with Epson Email Print, Epson iPrint mobile app, and Epson Remote Print
- Print speeds of 14 ISO ppm for black and 11 ISO ppm for color and 13 ppm black and 10 ISO ppm color for the XP-810 and XP-610 respectively
- Print borderless 4” x 6” photos – in as fast as 12 seconds (XP-810)
- High-quality scanning up to 2400 dpi (XP-610) and 400 dpi (XP-810)
- PC-free photo printing with card slots and built-in photo correction that automatically corrects digital images, including advanced face detection and color correction
- Eco-friendly features, including ENERGY STAR qualified, support of recycled paper, RoHS compliant and designed to be recycled
- Built in Ethernet networking (XP-810)
- Individual ink cartridges to replace only the color needed; standard and high-capacity (XL) black and color ink cartridges accommodate various printing needs
Pricing and Availability
The Epson Expression Premium XP-610 ($149.99 MSRP) and Epson Expression XP-810 ($229.99 MSRP) will be available in mid-September through major retailer stores nationwide.
Amazon has the Expression Premium XP-610 & XP-910 printers available for preorder.
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Epson Germany Supporting Environmental Photography
From Epson Germany: August 9, 2013
- Epson Germany is reaffirming its commitment to the environment by supporting environmental photofestivals, including the renowned "horizonte" festival held at Zingst on Germany's Baltic coast earlier this year. The company became the festival's premium partner for print and projection for the third successive year.
The festival's guiding principle is that photography increases environmental awareness through visual means, and Epson enthusiastically participated by using its state-of-the-art Epson SureColor SC-S series printers to print over 1,400 square metres used in 25 indoor and outdoor displays on site. The exhibition included the "Life-Size Elephants" open air installation by Austrian photographer and filmmaker Klaus Reisinger.
"Sustainable business and environmental protection are core elements of our corporate philosophy. It's a real stroke of luck when a festival's objective and a company's message overlap to such an extent. That is why Epson feels committed to doing all it can to support the message being imparted by the photographers and all who build on the power of the printed image", asserted Epson Germany Managing Director Henning Ohlsson. "The festival's spectrum matches the technological diversity we can bring to bear here - whether in the Digigraphie Gallery, in indoor and outdoor photo displays, multimedia shows, print workshops or the print studio. We are delighted to be partnering the festival again this year.
"High image quality is at the heart of the cooperation between Epson and the festival,"added Ohlsson. "A perfect print brings images to life. It makes the photographer's stories tangible in the truest sense of the word. The outdoor displays are particularly technically challenging. High quality also means great durability - and the prints have to be able to withstand the harsh weather conditions by the sea in Zingst. We are superbly equipped for this."
Epson Germany has also supported exhibitions of camel photographs by Ralf Baumgarten in Dubai, and also plans to be involved in other such exhibitions going forward. Adorama
carries Epson printers
Tuesday, March 05, 2013
Epson Invites Photographers to “Finish Strong” in New Advertising Contest
From Epson: LONG BEACH, Calif. – March 4, 2013
– Epson today announced a continuation of its “Finish Strong” advertising campaign, developed by M&C Saatchi Los Angeles, with a new photography contest. Photographers are invited to submit an idea for Epson’s next Finish Strong ad. The winner will receive either an opportunity to attend an actual photo shoot with world-renowned photographer Joe McNally or a $5,000 cash prize.
“Photographers have an uncanny ability to pre-visualize amazing photographs,” said Richard Day, group product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “This contest provides the chance for contest entrants to have their concept of a Finish Strong ad come to life. The winner will be in very good company with the likes of the photographers from previous ads, including Corinne Alavekios, Moose Peterson and Joe McNally.”
For the past three years, Epson has collaborated with some of the industry’s leading photographers to create the Finish Strong advertising campaign, which celebrates both the photograph and the photographer in their pursuit of that final defining print. The Finish Strong Campaign has captured some of the extraordinary lengths photographers will go to for the perfect shot – the intensity of a New York City fashion shoot, a portrait session waist deep in a Pacific Northwest river, air-to-air aviation over the searing heat of the Arizona desert, and underwater in the freezing conditions of the Antarctic Ocean.
“We’re constantly inspired by the passion our Finish Strong photographers bring to their projects,” said Maria Smith, associate creative director, M&C Saatchi Los Angeles. “This contest takes the Finish Strong campaign into an exciting new phase and invites photographers to let us know what inspires them.”
Epson’s contest began on March 1 and ends on April 15. Entrants can participate by submitting 200 words or less describing their idea for Epson’s next Finish Strong print ad. More information, including the submission form and previous “Finish Strong” print advertisements, can be found at www.epson.com/finishstrongcontest
carries Epson Printers
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Epson Announces Expression Photo XP-850 Small-in-One Printer
: Epson Expression Photo XP-850 Small-in-One Delivers Superior Photo Quality in a Compact, Sleek Design LONG BEACH, Calif. – Oct. 24, 2012
- Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing printing solutions, today announced the Epson Expression Photo XP-850 Small-in-One printer, delivering premium performance within a space-saving design. Ideal for photo enthusiasts and families, the Expression XP-850 prints brilliant photos with Claria Photo HD six-color inks for smooth gradations and true-to-life skin tones. Plus, it includes robust wireless features for easy mobile printing from an iPad, iPhone, tablet, or smartphone.
“The Epson Expression Photo XP-850 delivers crisp detail and professional quality photos so you can conveniently print from home and have rich, colorful photos, flyers or other projects available to share immediately with family and friends,” said Stacey Tieu, product manager, consumer ink jets, Epson America, Inc. “The Expression XP-850 is also equipped with innovative print technology for frame-worthy prints every time. In addition to its photo strength, it also functions as a versatile everyday printer for household family use.”
The Expression XP-850 prints at remarkably fast speeds, delivering 4" x 6" photos in as fast as 10 seconds. With a dedicated photo tray, direct CD/DVD printing, and a rear paper feed for card stock, envelopes and more, the Expression XP-850 can easily take on any creative project. It also offers several productivity features, such as automatic two-sided printing, copying and scanning, an intuitive 3.5” LCD with intuitive gesture navigation, and a 30-page Automatic Document Feeder with color fax. The auto-extend output paper tray allows you to print with assurance that your projects and papers will be organized and not all over the floor, especially when printing remotely.
The Expression XP-850 includes convenient Ethernet networking and built-in Wi-Fi CERTIFIED n for multiple users to share one printer or print from any room. It also offers a variety of wireless functionality, including Wi-Fi Direct for printing from a mobile device without a network. In addition, the Expression XP-850 is equipped with Epson Connect, a suite of mobile printing solutions that make it easier for users to print documents, emails, photos, and web pages from iPads, iPhones, tablets, and smartphones from anywhere in the world. Additional Expression Photo XP-850 Small-in-One Features and Benefits:
- Epson Connect – print and scan from anywhere with Epson Email Print, Epson iPrint mobile app, and Epson Remote Print
- PC-free photo printing with memory card slots
- Auto Photo Correction and red-eye removal, with or without a computer
- High-quality scanning up to 4800 dpi
- Smudge, scratch and water resistant photos to share photos immediately after printing
- Individual ink cartridges to replace only the color needed
- Standard and high-capacity (XL) black and color ink cartridges accommodate various printing needs
- Eco-friendly features, including ENERGY STAR qualified, RoHS compliant and designed to be recycled
Pricing and Availability
The Epson Expression Photo XP-850 ($299.99*) will be available in November via commercial channels at launch. For more information, visit http://www.epson.com.
B&H carries Epson Products.
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Epson Announces Two New Perfection Photo Scanners
From Epson: Epson’s Two New Perfection Photo Scanners Deliver Exceptional Scan Quality and Easy Scan-to-Cloud Functionality
October 16, 2012 Epson Perfection V37 and V370 Photo Scanners Allow Photo Enthusiasts, Families and Creative Hobbyists to Access, Share and Organize Scanned Documents Anywhere and Anytime LONG BEACH, Calif. – Oct. 16, 2012
- Epson America, Inc. today introduced two new additions to its award-winning line of Epson® Perfection® scanners – the Epson Perfection V37 and Epson Perfection V370 Photo scanners. The new products give photo enthusiasts, families and creative hobbyists an affordable scanning solution with 4800 x 9600 dpi optical resolution for incredible detail and clarity. In addition to offering leading scan quality, the new models also provide easy scan-to-cloud capabilities to scan, access, organize and share documents directly through cloud services like Google Docs, MS SharePoint®, Evernote®, and other leading providers.1
“Epson’s latest Perfection scanners are built to perform, delivering versatile, high-quality solutions whether scanning to create eye-catching scrapbook pages or to simply digitize and store your most important photos and documents,” said Stacey Tieu, product manager, Photo Scanners, Epson America, Inc. “Furthermore, Epson’s latest scanners cater to today’s increasingly mobile lifestyles, giving consumers an even more value-packed solution with scan-to-cloud capabilities to access documents on their mobile device, anytime and from anywhere.”
The Epson Perfection V37 and V370 Photo scanners both offer exceptional scan quality, along with a high-rise 180-degree lid for scanning oversized artwork, 3D objects, photo albums and documents. For added performance and flexibility, the Epson Perfection V370 Photo includes a built-in 35mm Transparency Unit for scanning mounted slides, negatives and film strips.
Additional features and benefits featured on the new Perfection models include:
- ArcSoft® Scan-n-Stitch Deluxe Software – allows users to easily scan legal, A3 and other large-size pages, section by section, then automatically stitches all portions together.
- Epson’s Easy Photo Fix® Technology – allows users to restore color from old/faded prints, remove dust from scanned film or slides, and reduce graininess.
- Scan-to-cloud with Document Capture Software – easily scan documents directly to a range of cloud services including Google Docs, MS SharePoint, Evernote and more to access documents from multiple mobile devices or share with others.
- ReadyScan® LED Technology – enables fast scan speeds, eliminates warm-up time and decreases power consumption; ReadyScan LED technology is also mercury-free.
- One-Touch Performance – four customizable buttons allow for convenient one-touch scanning, copying, scan-to-email and creating PDFs.
- Compatibility – with all leading operating systems including the newest versions of Microsoft® Windows® and Mac® OS X.
For videos demonstrating the various scanning features with the Epson Perfection scanners, visit Epson’s YouTube Channel and more information is available online at Epson.com.
Pricing and Availability
The Epson Perfection V37 (MSRP $89.99) and Epson Perfection V370 Photo (MSRP $119.99) are now available exclusively from Epson.com, and will be available at Staples in mid-November. Both models include Epson’s one-year limited warranty.
Thursday, October 04, 2012
$1,000 Instant Rebate on Epson Stylus Pro 7900 & 9900 Large Format Printers
Epson has a $1,000.00 instant rebate through October 31 on their Epson Stylus Pro 7900 and 9900 large format printers. B&H
carries Epson printers: Epson Stylus Pro 7900
| Epson Stylus Pro 9900
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Epson Artisan 1430 Printer Announced
From Epson: New Epson Artisan 1430 Takes Wide Format Photo Printing to the Next Level of Performance with Wireless Connectivity Latest Artisan Printer Offers Gallery-Worthy Prints up to 13” X 19” for a Range of Creative and Professional Projects
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Jan. 9, 2012 – Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing desktop printing solutions, today introduced the Epson Artisan® 1430 wide-format printer. Offering brilliant, Ultra Hi-Definition prints as large as 13”x 19”, convenient wireless networking and mobile printing, the Artisan 1430 enables photo enthusiasts and professionals alike to complete a wide range of creative and professional projects.
The Artisan 1430 delivers professional quality photos by leveraging Epson’s exclusive Advanced MicroPiezo® print head with DX5™ technology for accurate ink placement, smooth gradations and amazing skin tones. The Artisan 1430 offers Wi-Fi CERTIFIEDTM n1 wireless networking to easily share the printer with anyone on the network – as well as Epson iPrint app – to print and share from a smartphone, iPhone®, tablet or other device. With superior media handling capabilities to create gallery-quality prints on a host of popular borderless sizes – including 4”x6”, 13”x19” and 12”x12” – and Adobe® Photoshop® Elements bonus software, the printer is ideal for a range of projects – from brochures and posters to photo enlargements and personalized CDs/DVDs.
“The Artisan 1430 was designed with the creative professional and photo enthusiast in mind, delivering superior photo quality, unprecedented media handling capabilities, and convenient wireless connectivity that continue to set the Artisan line apart from the competition,” said Gregg Brunnick, group product manager, Epson America, Inc. “Consumers will be amazed at the level of performance and results they are able to achieve with the all new Artisan 1430 wide-format printer.” Additional High-Performance Epson Artisan 1430 Features:
- Ultra Hi-Definition photos that are smudge, scratch and water resistant2
- PC-free printing and sharing documents and photos from a smartphone, iPhone®, tablet or other mobile devices3 with Epson iPrint
- Photos last up to 200 years in storage and up to 98 years on display under glass4
- Customized photo enlargements, brochures, posters and scrapbook pages
- Professional-looking ink jet printable CDs/DVDs
- Image enhancement tools for automatic color and lighting correction and red eye removal
- Range of eco features and environmental qualifications including, ENERGY STAR® and RoHS compliance, and is designed to be recycled5
Pricing and Availability
The Epson Artisan 1430 ($299.99*) will be available in February through major computer, office and electronic superstores, a variety of retail stores nationwide and Epson’s retail site, www.epsonstore.com. For more information, please visit www.epson.com.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a product line-up ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for enterprise and the home, to sensors and other microdevices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 78,000 employees in 99 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. To learn more about Epson, please visit: http://global.epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica and http://twitter.com/EpsonEducation) and YouTube (http://youtube.com/EpsonTV).
# # #
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Epson is registered trademark, and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n certified; level of performance subject to the range of the router being used. Visit www.wi-fi.org/files/11nbasics_glossary.pdf for more information.
- Smudge, scratch, water and fade resistant on Epson photo papers. For CDs/DVDs, resistant only on specially-treated discs.
- See www.epson.com/mobileprinting for a list of supported/compatible devices and apps.
- Display permanence based on accelerated testing of prints displayed under glass in indoor display conditions; album permanence based on accelerated testing of prints in dark storage conditions. Actual print stability will vary according to media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, temperature, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee the longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or UV filter or properly store them.
- See our website for convenient and reasonable recycling options at www.epson.com/recycle.
B&H carries Epson products.
Thursday, September 08, 2011
Epson Announces Stylus Pro WT7900 Designer Edition
Epson Press Release: Epson Introduces the Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 Designer Edition – A New Generation of Package Prototyping Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 Joins Family of Designer Edition Printer-and-RIP Systems for Creative Professionals
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Sept. 7, 2011 – Epson America today announced a new addition to the Epson® Stylus® Pro Designer Edition line – the Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 Designer Edition. Combining the Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 with an industry-leading EFI™ eXpress WT software RIP, this system is engineered to deliver extremely high-resolution packaging mock-ups for graphic design firms, creative agencies and brand owners.
This system combines the advanced hardware and aqueous Epson UltraChrome® HDR White ink technology of the Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 with the Adobe® Postscript® interpreter and PANTONE® color matching capabilities of the EFI eXpress RIP. Together, this combination allows users to print both color and white ink directly on clear or metallic media, as well as color accurate CMYK comps, proofs, mock-ups, and prototypes. In addition, the software includes an easy-to-use intuitive interface that saves time and produces accurate spot colors with the included PANTONE, DIC, HKS, and TOYO libraries.
“Epson continues to break printing barriers, taking what is perceived to be a complex process and providing a solution that offers both ease-of-use and intuitive functionality,” said Larry Kaufman, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “The Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 Designer Edition builds on Epson’s strengths in the graphic design community to deliver a superior product for the packaging creative process and mock-up needs.”
The Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 Designer Edition allows designers to create in-house mock-ups more efficiently than using an outside vendor, as well as gain creative control of packaging concepts with reduced turn-around time. In addition, the software provides users with the ability to print directly from the latest creative design software or drag-and-drop files to a hot folder for cross platform network printing. Full support is included for all Epson proofing and packaging media, with the ability to add profiles for additional media types. Pricing, Support and Availability
The Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 Designer Edition joins the Epson Stylus Pro 3880, 4900, 7890 and 9890 Designer Editions, and is now available through authorized Epson Professional Graphics resellers for $6,995 (MSRP). The printer and RIP is supported on both Macintosh OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
The Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 Designer Edition is supported with a standard Epson PreferredSM Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and usually next business-day on-site service in the unlikely event of any hardware failure. Epson PreferredPlus service plans are available that cover both the hardware and software for up to two additional years. For additional information, visit www.proimaging.epson.com
. Epson Stylus Pro Printers
Tuesday, September 06, 2011
Monday, August 08, 2011
Epson Announces Artisan 837 and 730 Wireless All-In-One Printers
Epson has today announced the Artisan 837 and 730 Wireless All-In-One Printers. Hit the press release
for the details. B&H
will carry the Epson Artisan Printers
Monday, May 02, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Epson Posts Notice of Extraordinary Losses
- TOKYO, Japan, April 28, 2011 -
Seiko Epson Corporation ("Epson", TSE: 6724) today announced it would book extraordinary losses for the fourth quarter (January 1 to March 31, 2011) of the year ending March 31, 2011.
1. Details of extraordinary losses
(1) Loss on disaster
Epson will book on a consolidated base extraordinary losses of 4,755 million yen associated with the earthquake that struck the Tohoku area of Japan.
(2) Business structure improvement expenses
Epson will book on a consolidated base extraordinary losses of 4,566 million yen associated with the termination of the small- and medium-sized displays business.
2. Impact on business results
The aforementioned extraordinary losses have been reflected in the business results for the full year ended March 2011 announced today. For details, please read the "Consolidated Results for Year Ended March 31 2011." Epson Consolidated Results for Year Ended March 31, 2011
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Epson Earthquake Update
Update on Epson's Response to Tohoku Area Earthquake
– TOKYO, Japan, March 31, 2011 –
Epson today issued an update on the situation surrounding its employees and businesses in the aftermath of the earthquake that struck the Tohoku area of Japan on March 11. A Disaster Headquarters led by President Minoru Usui has confirmed the following:
1. Epson employees
The company confirmed that although no casualties had been reported among Epson staff as of release time, it was still unable to make contact with one employee. Epson is continuing to make every effort to confirm the employee's safety.
2. Major Epson facilities affected
Epson has a network of more than 40 manufacturing sites located all around the world. Of these, the four plants listed below were affected by the earthquake with all other sites remaining fully operational. Recovery work is underway at the affected plants with the exception of the Epson Toyocom Corporation Fukushima Plant, which is within the 20-km compulsory evacuation zone around the Tokyo Electric Power Company's Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power station.
(1) Epson Atmix Corporation
(Hachinohe, Aomori Prefecture: manufacture of powdered metals, components manufactured with metal injection molding, and artificial quartz)
Epson plans to resume production of components manufactured with metal injection molding and artificial quartz from the start of April. Production facilities and equipment for powdered metals was affected by water in the tsunami, and we plan to resume production at the end of April.
(2) Akita Epson Corporation
(Yuzawa, Akita Prefecture: manufacture of printer components, crystal devices, and ultra-precision components)
We resumed production of all product lines on March 22. We will continue production while constantly assessing the power and fuel supply situation.
(3) Seiko Epson Corporation Sakata Plant and Tohoku Epson Corporation
(Sakata, Yamagata Prefecture: manufacture of inkjet printer components and semiconductors)
We resumed production of inkjet printer components and partial production of semiconductors on March 28. We will continue production while constantly assessing the power and materials procurement situation.
(4) Epson Toyocom Corporation Fukushima Plant
(Minami-Soma, Fukushima Prefecture: manufacture of crystal devices)
This plant has been closed indefinitely.
3. Impact on other businesses
Production may be affected by issues relating to procuring certain components. Epson is now looking to minimize the impact by procuring alternative components and making technical adjustments.
4. Impact on business results
Epson is presently assessing the impact of damage caused by the earthquake and the subsequent effect on the full-year consolidated financial results (year ending March 31, 2011). The company will issue a timely disclosure release as and when it becomes necessary.
Canon News, Nikon News Archives