As the kids go back to school and wedding season starts to wind down, why not try some new gear to spice up your portfolio? Place your order to arrive between now and August 16th and get 20% off! Just use code BACKTOSCHOOL
*Order must have arrival date between 8/2/16-8/16/16. Must use code BACKTOSCHOOL
To support this site, navigate to the appropriate product review
and click the
has the Refurbished Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Lens
available for $899.95 with free shipping. Compare at $1,096.95 new.
(via 6ave – 99.2% Positive feedback) has the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon
available for $710.99 with free shipping. Compare at $899.00. Note:
This is likely a grey market item and therefore inelibible for a Sigma USA warranty.
has the Genaray SpectroLED-14 Light (100-240VAC/12VDC)
available for $229.99 with free expedited shipping. Regularly $499.00. Product Highlights
- Daylight Balanced 5,600K
- AC or DC Operation
- 10 - 100% Dimming Control
- Optional Remote Dimmer
- Beam Pattern: 60° Flood
- Includes 3/4 Stop Diffusion Sock
- Multi-voltage Power Supply/Adapter
has the LumiQuest 80-20 Pocket Bouncer
available for $9.95. Regularly $20.95.
This item qualifies for free shipping on orders of $49.00 or more.
has the Vello Auto Extension Tube Set
available for $63.96 with free expedited shipping. Regularly $79.95. Product Highlights
- Shortens Minimum Focus Distance of Lens
- Provides Macro Capability
- Full Autofocus Compatibility
- 13mm, 21mm and 31mm Tubes
- Can be Used Individually or Combined
- Metal Mount
- Lightweight Design
has the Lensbaby 5.8mm f/3.5 Circular Fisheye Lens
available for $249.95 with free expedited shipping. Regularly $299.95. Product Highlights
- Full-Circle Image
- Wide 5.8mm Focal Length
- Aperture Range of f/3.5-22
- APS-C & Full Frame Compatibility
- Close Focusing from 0.25" to Infinity
- 185° Angle of View
- Focus Distance & DOF Scale
- Smooth Manual Focusing
- Creative Flare Effect
Intro: Beta Firmware Version 3.818 addresses compatibility with newer Nikon gear introduced since the launch of ControlTL Firmware version 3.800, and includes some minor improvements. New Key Feature:
The following Nikon gear is now supported in this beta firmware release:
- Nikon D5
- Nikon D500
- Nikon D7200
- Nikon D5500
- Nikon SB-5000 (remote only – see operational consideration)
These cameras will work in the ControlTL system with normal operational considerations. Read more about the general Nikon Operational Considerations
on the PocketWizard Wiki. SB-5000 Operational Consideration:
The Nikon SB-5000 should only be used as a remote Speedlight on a FlexTT5 (set to TTL, not REMOTE per normal ControlTL operation). We do not recommend using the SB-5000 as a MASTER Speedlight on your camera’s ControlTL radio at this time. It might work as a MASTER on select cameras, but not others. If you use it as MASTER in your setup and it only emits a tiny burst of light at trigger time, it is not compatible. We hope to address this consideration in a future firmware release. D7200/D5500 Operational Consideration:
Rear curtain sync mode with these cameras only works with remote flash, not with on camera flash. Other Improvements:
- Nikon FlexTT5 radios can now have Custom IDs installed, regardless of firmware version. Visit this page for more information:
- As of this date, the latest camera firmware from Nikon has been tested*, including:
- D5 C:1.10
- D4S C:1.31
- D500 C:1.02
- D7200 C:1.01
- D5500 C:1.01
- And others like the Df, D810, D750 etc.
- Fixed a minor issue regarding the Sekonic RT32-CTL module. You can now use the meter to trigger a remote Speedlight on a FlexTT5 without first having to trigger the remote from a camera.
* Please make sure to update your camera to the latest firmware.
To install PocketWizard ControlTL MiniTT1 / FlexTT5 Nikon Beta Firmware v.3.818, you must enable Beta Firmware access. Enabling Beta Firmware
How to enable the beta firmware options.
- To enable access to beta firmware, open the PocketWizard Utility, and navigate down to the blue gear in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Navigate over to the "Firmware Updates" tab.
- Navigate down to the bottom and check "Yes, I would like to have access to Optional and Beta Test firmware."
- Click OK.
- Navigate to the Update Tab.
- Click "Check for Updates."
For complete details on updating firmware v.3.818, see here
carries PocketWizard products