Lensbaby has announced a new 5.8mm Circular Fisheye Lens for Canon and Nikon systems. Overview:
Lensbaby's 5.8mm Circular Fisheye lens gives photographers a fun and affordable way to create circular images that transform the world around them.
This Circular Fisheye lens is great for capturing the scale of endless landscapes and big events, fun self-portraits, quirky shots of pets or friends, creating extreme perspective, and experimenting with unique lens flare. It is capable of capturing a 185° angle of view and focusing from 1/4 inch in front of the lens to infinity. That extreme close-focus paired with the incredibly wide 5.8mm focal length produces other-worldly distortion with exceptional sharpness throughout.
The Circular Fisheye is optimized for APS-C sensor DSLRs, while producing a smaller image circle on full frame DSLRs. Specs:
- Circular Fisheye lens
- 5.8mm focal length
- 185° angle of view
- Manual lens
- Polished internal barrel for creative flare & reflection
- Focus distance scale & hyperfocal scale to aid in focusing
- Available for Canon EF & Nikon F camera mounts
- Size/Weight: 2.75” (7cm) x 2.75” (7cm) x 3” (7.6cm) high / 10.5oz (298g)
- Full-circle image
- 185° angle of view
- 5.8mm f/3.5-22
- Extreme close focus from 1/4"
- Creates unique flare & reflection around image circle
- Manual focus
- Edge to edge sharpness
B&H has the Lensbaby 5.8mm f/3.5 Circular Fisheye Lens available for preorder.
Post Date: 4/10/2014 4:07:22 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Nikon: A stylish, compact, and lightweight camera offering superior performance with tracking of moving subjects with the world's fastest continuous shooting with AF tracking, and excellent image quality that makes full-scale photography possible
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the new Nikon 1 J4, the latestaddition to the J series of Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lenses that propose new forms of imaging expression.
The Nikon 1 J4 is a model with which performance with tracking of moving subjects that exceeds that of digital SLR cameras, and advanced shooting functions with excellent image quality that makes full-scale photography possible, have been incorporated in a compact and lightweight body.
It offers 105 focus points with phase-detection AF and 171 focus points with contrast-detect AF. 105 densely packed focus points positioned over a broad range of the frame ensure precise acquisition of moving subjects. The NIKON 1 J4 supports high-speed continuous shooting at the world's fastest* continuous shooting rate of approximately 20 fps with AF tracking, and up to 60 fps when focus is locked. Ultra high-speed AF capable of capturing the perfect moment, ultra high-speed continuous shooting, and Best Moment Capture mode useful when it is difficult to gauge the best time to press the shutter-release button enable optimal response for capturing subject movement or fleeting expressions.
Equipped with 18.4-million pixels, a super high-speed AF CMOS sensor with no low-pass filter, and the latest EXPEED 4A image-processing engine, the NIKON 1 J4 offers superior image quality.
It is also equipped with a number of advanced features that allow users to easily capture images as intended. Among these are a TFT LCD touch screen that enables intuitive operation, built-in Wi-Fi for simple transfer and sharing of high-quality images, and a variety of functions for recording 1920 x 1080/60p full-HD movies, including Fast Motion, Jump Cut, and 4-second Movie.
What's more, two new dedicated Nikon 1 accessories will also be released at the same time as the NIKON 1 J4: the WP-N3 Waterproof Case, and the full-scale Underwater SB-N10 Speedlight that allows users to fully enjoy the new values of the Nikon 1 system with underwater photography. NIKON 1 J4 Primary Features
- Moving-subject tracking performance superior to that of digital SLR cameras
- Equipped with 18.4-million pixels, a super high-speed AF CMOS sensor with no low-pass filter, and the latest EXPEED 4A image-processing engine for superior image quality
- Intuitive and practical operation
- Advanced movie-recording functions
- A square design that reflects the minimalistic concept behind Nikon 1 cameras
WP-N3 Waterproof Case Primary Features
- Waterproof to a depth of 45 m (147 ft.), the WP-N3 plays an active role in underwater activities such as diving
- Designed for a compact size and a firm grip
- Supports zoom operations
- When used with the Underwater Speedlight SB-N10, underwater flash photography is possible
- The flash can be turned on or off according to the scene
- Shutter lever and movie-record button positioned close together for smooth selection of, or switching between, recording methods
SB-N10 Underwater Speedlight Primary Features
- High flash output with a guide number of 28/92 at full power (ISO 100, m/ft.)
- Waterproof to a depth of 100 m (328 ft.)
- TTL and manual flash control are possible
- Supports a number of accessories, including the Underwater Bracket SK-N10A*, which can be used to mount the SB-N10 on a waterproof case, the Underwater Wide-Flash Adapter SW-N10A (supplied), which expands the angle of illumination when attached to the SB-N10, the Underwater Fiber-Optic Cable SC-N10A*, which transmits light from the camera's built-in flash to the SB-N10, and the Underwater Fiber-Optic Cable Adapter SR-N10A*, which is used to connect the underwater fiber-optic cable to the head of the flash built into the Nikon 1 AW1
Post Date: 4/10/2014 3:51:26 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Nikon: Incorporating Proven NIKKOR Lens Technology, The New NIKKOR AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR Telephoto Zoom Lens Will Help Users Capture Amazing Action and Far Away Fun April 10, 2014 – MELVILLE, NY
– Today, Nikon Inc. announced the latest addition to its legendary NIKKOR lineup, the new AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR telephoto zoom lens. Designed for the DX-format photographer looking to get more out of their D-SLR camera, the versatile NIKKOR 18-300mm is a compact and lightweight 16.7X all-in-one telephoto zoom lens that delivers high performance and superior image quality. Whether capturing still images or HD video, the 18-300mm lens is built to help users capture content with vibrant colors and sharp details, plus shoot sports, vacations and wildlife with confidence.
“With the addition of the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR to the NIKKOR lens line-up, DX-format photographers have a compact and lightweight all-in-one telephoto zoom that can handle any photo or video challenge,” said Masahiro Horie, Director of Marketing and Planning, Nikon Inc. “With the 18-300mm lens, DX-format photographers will be able to capture sharp images and video with incredible detail. Additionally, the lens incorporates renowned NIKKOR optics and technology like a Silent Wave Motor (SWM), three Aspherical and three Extra-low Dispersion glass elements, as well as innovative features like Vibration Reduction image stabilization.” An All-In-One Telephoto Zoom Lens
With the introduction of the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR lens, DX-format photographers have a compact and lightweight telephoto zoom lens, over 30 percent lighter than the acclaimed AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens, that produces the incredible results users have come to expect from Nikon’s NIKKOR lens lineup. The 18-300mm lens boasts an impressive 16.7X ultrahigh-ratio zoom range, offering a focal range from wide-angle 18mm to super-telephoto 300mm (27mm to 450mm equivalent in FX/35mm format). The new lens provides photographers with compositional freedom that is ideal for everyday use, whether capturing close-ups, sweeping landscapes, portraits, architecture, nature, sports and fast moving action. When recording HD videos, users will have the ability to capture wide establishing shots, medium close-up shots or extreme telephoto sequences that best complement their creative vision. With the new 18-300mm, photographers that currently use DX-format D-SLR cameras, like the Nikon D3000 and D5000 series, now have a versatile telephoto zoom lens to upgrade their current lens arsenal or complement their kit lens. Delivering Superior Performance and Image Quality
Incorporating proven NIKKOR lens optics and technology, the new AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR lens offers an extensive feature set that produces vibrant color, sharp detail with minimal distortion, whether capturing still images or recording HD video. Helping to ensure sharp photos and video even in low-light situations while also combatting the effects of camera shake, the 18-300mm comes equipped with Nikon’s renowned Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization, providing the lens with four stops* of stabilization to help make shooting a blur-free experience, even while handheld.
Weighing a mere 19.4 ounces, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR is remarkably compact and lightweight, making it a lens that is comfortable to carry regardless of the photo excursion. The construction of the 18-300mm lens contains 16 optical elements in 12 groups and includes three Aspherical (AS) and three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements to produce maximum contrast while minimizing lens flare and ghosting. Its three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements effectively minimize chromatic aberration at even the widest aperture settings. Also, the new lens incorporates a seven rounded-blade diaphragm, which helps achieve a beautiful and natural background blur. Like many of Nikon’s newest NIKKOR lenses, the 18-300mm has a Silent Wave Motor (SWM), designed to deliver fast, accurate and quiet autofocusing (AF) performance, plus Internal Focusing (IF), which gives it a more compact, streamlined lens design. Price and Availability
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR lens will be available in May 2014 for suggested retail price (SRP) of $899.95. B&H
has the Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR Lens
available for preorder.
Post Date: 4/10/2014 3:12:30 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Nikon: The Next Generation Full-Featured Social Camera Helps Users Step Up Their Photo Sharing With Stunning Images and Instant Access to Their Favorite Apps April 10, 2014 – MELVILLE, NY
– Today, Nikon Inc. announced the new COOLPIX S810c, which combines Nikon’s powerful camera imaging technologies and the vast capabilities of the Android Operating System (OS). Whether photographing friends dancing into the night or fast-action sports, the 16.0-megapixel COOLPIX S810c helps users never again settle for sharing a sub-par cell phone photo to their social networks.
“The COOLPIX S810c combines the best parts of a Nikon camera and the limitless possibilities of the Android Operating System, so users can seamlessly integrate their digital lives with their creative passions,” said Masahiro Horie, Director of Marketing and Planning, Nikon Inc. “Nikon COOLPIX S810c users will be able to stay connected and share everyday moments with ease through Full HD video and amazing stills.” Capture and Share Photos, Without Sacrificing Image Quality
The new Nikon COOLPIX S810c provides users with the power to capture high quality images in low-light or from a distance, delivering the results that would otherwise be a challenge to capture with a smartphone. The COOLPIX S810c features a 16.0-megapixel, backside illuminated (BSI) CMOS sensor for excellent low-light ability, and a 12x optical zoom NIKKOR lens (with24x Dynamic Fine Zoom) to get the sharp shots from up close or far away. Further bolstering the low-light capability of the S810c, the camera has an ISO range up to 3200, as well as Lens-Shift Vibration Reduction (VR) to help banish blurry photos, even while shooting handheld. To capture those special moments, the camera also has a fast continuous shooting mode. Stay Connected, Share Effortlessly With Built-in Wi-Fi
Whether liking a status or tagging a photo, COOLPIX S810c users can seamlessly share their most memorable moments with friends and family with the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Operating System. When accessing Google Play, users have access to endless apps including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and many other apps where they can share photos and stay connected. With the Android OS, users can surf the web, read their latest emails, browse through their friends’ photos and videos, navigate with maps as well as many other functions offered by Android apps. The built-in Wi-Fi capabilities of the S810c provide a simple way to directly share photos instantly with friends and family. When no external Wi-Fi network is available, users can also connect to a compatible smartphone or tablet via the dedicated “Connect to S810c” app*(1) in order to transfer, share and view their images on that smart device. Additionally, the COOLPIX S810c has built-in GPS for location-based apps, as well as a stereo headphone jack, which allows users to operate their camera as a mobile media player device. With the COOLPIX S810c users can easily navigate to their dinner date, while listening to their favorite playlist, and then shoot and share their entrée as well as the night’s details with friends, all with the same device. Proven Nikon Technologies and Features
Whether sharing, swiping, composing or navigating, users will appreciate the wide and bright 3.7-in. touch-screen LCD monitor with 1.2 million-dot resolution, as well as the ability to capture Full 1080p HD video. Additionally, COOLPIX S810c photographers can explore their creativity with a variety of special and creative effects including user-friendly modes and features like Easy Panorama, which lets the user simply sweep the camera to create an ultra-wide panoramic image. Furthermore, the camera also features a new enhanced battery, allowing users to stay connected longer. Price and Availability
The Nikon COOLPIX S810c will be available in early May 2014 in Black or White for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $349.95. B&H
has the Nikon COOLPIX 810c Digital Camera
available for preorder.
Post Date: 4/10/2014 3:11:25 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Canon has released a firmware update for the Canon VIXIA mini Camcorder. Details
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52 incorporates the following improvements:
- Remote viewing function has been added when using the CameraAccess plus smartphone app, with the optional CT-V1 Camera Pan Table.
*note: The CameraAccess plus app is available free of charge from the Apple App Store and Google Play. Information on how to use the remote viewing function is available from the PIXELA Web site: http://www.pixela.co.jp/oem/canon/e/cameraaccess_plus/
- Shortens the time between turning the camcorder on and being able to start recording.
- In order to prevent inadvertently switching to playback mode while recording, the following improvements have been made:
- The playback button must be pressed for half a second or more in order to access the playback mode.
- The playback button has now been disabled while the camcorder is in recording mode, in order to prevent inadvertently switching modes.
- Quick access to the photo playback index screen, by holding down the playback button, has been added.
- Photo playback has been added to SP-V1 mode.
- In the Shooting Mode menu, the “Macro” option is now listed above “Auto” for improved ease of use.
Firmware Version 184.108.40.206 is for camcorders with firmware Version 220.127.116.11. If the camcorder's firmware is already Version 18.104.22.168, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Once you have updated your camcorder’s firmware, it cannot be downgraded to a previous version.
Download Firmware Version 22.214.171.124 for the Canon VIXIA mini.
Download the Instruction Manual and Getting Started guide for the Canon VIXIA mini.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
B&H carries the Canon Vixia mini camcorder.
Post Date: 4/10/2014 2:53:53 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Post Date: 4/9/2014 7:52:41 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Barcroft TV YouTube Channel
Cute Meerkats Use Photographer As A Lookout Post
Check out all the delightful Meerkat images at Burrard-Lucas's Blog
Post Date: 4/9/2014 2:22:12 PM CT Posted By: Sean
(via 6ave) has the Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Flash
) available for $459.99 with free shipping. Compare at $549.00. Note:
This is likely a grey-market item and not technically eligible for a Canon USA warranty. 6ave says the item is covered "...1-year parts and 90-days for labor."
Post Date: 4/9/2014 2:09:09 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Photoshelter: Use Twitter to get people excited about your work!
In our latest guide, "The Photographer’s Guide to Twitter," we’ve partnered up with the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) to give you tips to get your name out there, engage with potential customers, and advance your photo career.
In this guide, you’ll also learn:
- 10 ways to grow a Twitter following and increase engagement - including sharing behind-the-scenes photos and tweeting about what’s trending
- Top Twitter features for businesses that will help you market your work better
- Legal considerations before using Twitter, plus best practices to help keep your work safe
- Tips to measure your success and determine if your efforts are working
- Plus more!
Also get a list of Twitter FAQs to address specific questions you might have, plus a glossary to stay on top of commonly used Twitter jargon.
Download "The Photographer's Guide to Twitter"
Post Date: 4/9/2014 12:10:48 PM CT Posted By: Sean
has the Tiffen 77mm and 82mm Variable ND Filters
on sale with free shipping. See below for reduced pricing details. Tiffen Variable ND Specials
Post Date: 4/9/2014 11:56:51 AM CT Posted By: Sean
has a Canon EOS Rebel T3, EF-S 18-55mm IS II, Printer & Lightroom 5 Bundle
available for $449.00. Compare at $449.00 without printer or Lightroom 5 software. Bundle Includes:
- Canon EOS Rebel T3 DSLR Camera
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
- Adobe Lightroom 5
- Canon PIXMA MG6320 Wireless Color All-in-One Inkjet Photo Printer
Update: This deal ends April 11.
Post Date: 4/9/2014 11:55:33 AM CT Posted By: Sean
(via 6ave) has the Canon EOS 7D DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens
available for $1,100.00 with free shipping. Compare at $1,599.00. Note:
This is likely a grey market item and not technically eligible for a Canon USA warranty. 6ave states that the item is "...covered by a warranty of 1-year parts and 90-days for labor." Relevant Reviews: Canon EOS 7D
| EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Post Date: 4/9/2014 7:53:52 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Post Date: 4/9/2014 7:27:57 AM CT Posted By: Sean
has the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS USM Lens
) available for $1,319.00. Compare at $1,599.00. Note:
When purchased by US customers, items sold by DigitalRev are considered grey market.
Post Date: 4/9/2014 7:08:18 AM CT Posted By: Sean
The Canon Store
has the Refurbished Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera
) in stock. Expect a like-new camera at a very enticing price. (thanks Felix) Update:
The camera is now out-of-stock.
Post Date: 4/9/2014 6:47:52 AM CT Posted By: Sean