Just posted: Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Lens Review
The best Sigma lens produced to date?
Use promotion code TDP50
($50.00 off) at BuyDig.com
to get the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM Lens for Canon
for $399.00 with free shipping! Compare at $449.00.
From Think Tank Photo
: Shoulder bag, chest pack, or belt pack, it does all three successfully.
Santa Rosa, Calif. – In February, Think Tank Photo will release a completely updated version of its popular Change-Up multi-function camera bag. The Change-Up V2.0 has updated sizing and new features. This bag, a chameleon of sorts, can change from belt pack to shoulder bag to chest pack via the harness system. In addition, many Think Tank Modular and Skin Components can attach to the waist belt straps.
The included compression straps provide for a custom fit. The result of all this flexibility is a bag that can serve many uses: one day it serves as a lens changer, another day it’s a conventional shoulder camera bag, and another day it becomes a chest pack. It is this flexibility that makes this bag special and explains why novices to pros love it.
With the ability to carry a standard-size DSLR and a 70-200 2.8, (detached), it has a significant amount of capacity in a lightweight, body conforming shape. Alternately, it holds a standard-size DSLR with 24-70 2.8 attached, plus one to three additional lenses.
“While many camera bags convert from one thing to another, they generally are not great at any one thing,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank’s lead designer and president. “The Change-Up V2.0 camera bag is an exception to the rule; it converts from one great storage solution to another.”
Its essential features include:
- Can be worn either as a shoulder camera bag, belt pack, or chest pack
- Tall design accommodates DSLR equipment easily
- Soft, lightweight materials contour to the body
- Compression straps to adjust fit
- Attachment rail for modular components (6” width)
- One-handed zipper opens wide and provides quick access to gear
- Easily accessible front organizer pocket
- Stretchable side mesh pockets for water bottle or strobe
- Durability that you’ve come to expect from the Think Tank brand
- Highest quality YKK zippers
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
Change-Up V2.0 enhancements include:
- Increased height to fit all 70-200 2.8 lenses
- Increased depth of top of bag to fit standard-size bodies
- Added compression straps
- Increased padding of back panel for added comfort
- Belt strap tuck-away function improved by creating two separate pockets
- Decreased weight and increased flexibility
- Removed rear zippered pocket to allow fit for body while keeping bag slim
- Change zipper application to “clam-shell” one handed application (one slider)
- Rain cover moved to new zippered pocket on the bottom edge of the front panel
Change-Up V2.0’s all fabric exterior is treated with Durable Water Resistant coating while its fabric underside is coated with Polyurethane for superior water resistance. It uses YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion resistant) zippers, brushed 600D polyester, 250D shadow ripstop nylon, 100D ripstop nylon, 420HD nylon, Ultra-Stretch mesh pockets, 3D air mesh, antique nickel plated metal hardware, rock-lockster buckles, high-density foam shoulder strap, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread. Its interior features removable closed cell foam dividers, 210D silver-toned nylon, PU backed velex liner, 2x PU coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
External Dimensions: 11.5” W x 10.5” H x 6” D (29.2 × 26.7 × 15.2cm)
Internal Dimensions: 11.2” W x 10” H x 5.8” (28.4 × 25.4 × 14.7cm)
Weight: 1.5-2.2 lbs (0.7-1.0 kg)
The Change-Up V2.0 will be available soon at Think Tank Photo - click through our website and receive a free gift with your purchase of $50.00 or more.
Click here to be notified when Think Tank Photo has the Change-Up V2.0 in stock.
From Think Tank Photo
Santa Rosa, Calif. – Think Tank Photo announced that in February it will release a new concept in premium quality camera shoulder bags, the Sub Urban Disguise. The Sub Urban Disguises are designed for the professional photographer seeking smaller capacity camera bags and amateur photographers upgrading their bodies or using one to two lenses along with their new body.
The Sub Urban Disguise Series will be available in four sizes: the Sub Urban Disguise 5, Sub Urban Disguise 10, Sub Urban Disguise 20, and Sub Urban Disguise 30. Their features include a flip-top lid that folds away from the body to provide quick and unencumbered access to gear. The series meets the high-quality design standards of the original Think Tank Urban Disguise series, but for smaller gear or photographers who want to travel light. Gear Profiles
- The Sub Urban Disguise 5 holds a regular size DSLRs with one to two small telephotos or primes, or a D700 with a 18-200 attached. It also accommodates Micro 4/3rds, Leica and Sony NEX systems. Great for Strobists as it fits two to three pro-size flashes.
- The Sub Urban Disguise 10 holds a regular size DSLRs with two to three small telephotos or primes, or a D700 with a 18-200 attached. It also fits three pro-size flashes.
- The Sub Urban Disguise 20 holds regular size DSLRs with three to four small telephotos or primes or a D700 with a 18-200 attached. It fits four to five pro-size flashes.
- The Sub Urban Disguise 30 fits a regular size DSLR and two to four standard telephoto lenses, or a D700 with a 24-70 2.8 attached. It can also hold an iPad or similarly-sized tablet.
Key features include:
- Flip top lid opens away from your body, providing easy access to gear
- Cleanly styled design, does not look like a traditional camera bag
- Highest quality materials
- Designed to easily fit DSLR equipment
- Large padded front pocket
- Easily accessible front organizer pocket
- Stretchable side pockets fit a water bottle
- Padded zippered pocket to accommodate an iPad or similarly-sized tablet (Suburban 30 only)
- Padded non-slip flexible shoulder strap
- Poly-ballistic fabric ensures durability
- High quality YKK zippers
- Seam-sealed rain cover included in front pocket
- Business card slot
Sub Urban Disguises’ all fabric exterior is treated with a Durable Water Resistant coating while the fabric underside is coated with Polyurethane for superior water resistance. It also uses YKK® RC Fuse zippers, 1680D ballistic polyester, 600D brushed polyester, 420D high-density nylon, Ultra-stretch pockets, antique nickel plated metal hardware, 3-ply bonded nylon thread. The interior features removable closed cell foam dividers, 200D polyester, PU backed velex liner, 2x PU coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Sub Urban Disguise 5
- Internal Dimensions: 6.6” x 7.4” x 5” (16.8 x 18.8 x 12.7 cm) (W x H x D)
- External Dimensions: 8” x 8.5” x 6.4” (20.3 x 21.6 x 16.3 cm) (W x H x D)
- Maximum weight (with all accessories): 1.1lbs (0.5kg); Minimum weight: 1.0lb (0.4kg)
Sub Urban Disguise 10
- Internal Dimensions: 8.8” x 7.4” x 5” (22.4 x 18.8 x 12.7 cm) (W x H x D)
- External Dimensions: 10.5” x 8.5” x 7” (26.7 x 21.6 x 17.8 cm) (W x H x D)
- Maximum weight (with all accessories): 1.4lb (0.6kg); Minimum weight: 1.2lb (0.5kg)
Sub Urban Disguise 20
- Internal Dimensions: 11” x 7.4” x 5” (27.9 x 18.8 x 12.7 cm) (W x H x D)
- External Dimensions: 12” x 8.5” x 7” (30.5 x 21.6 x 17.8 cm) (W x H x D)
- Maximum weight (with all accessories): 1.6lbs (0.7kg); Minimum weight: 1.3lb (0.6kg)
Sub Urban Disguise 30
- Internal Dimensions: 11” x 9.5” x 5” (27.9 x 22.9 x 12.7 cm) (W x H x D)
- External Dimensions: 11.5” x 10” x 7.3” (29.2 x 25.4 x 18.5 cm) (W x H x D)
- iPad pocket: 10.7” x 8.5” x .8” (27.2 x 21.6 x 2 cm) (W x H x D)
- Maximum weight (with all accessories): 1.5lb (1.0kg) ; Minimum weight: 2.3lb (0.7kg)
The Sub Urban Disguises will be available soon at Think Tank Photo - click through our website and receive a free gift with your purchase of $50.00 or more.
Click here to be notified when Think Tank Photo has the Sub Urban Series in stock.
(via BigValueInc) is featuring the Canon EOS 60D DSLR Camera
as one of its Daily Deals
for $585.99 with free shipping. Caveat Emptor:
BigValueInc's positive feedback rating has dropped a bit recently - now at 98.1%. However, eBay seems to trust them enough to continue listing their auctions as "Daily Deals."
has a Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens & Adobe Elements Bundle
available for $2,699.00 with free shipping. Note:
Free items are added in-cart. Bundle Includes:
- Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera and EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens Kit
- Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements 11
- Digpro Compact Deluxe Gadget Bag
The inlcusion of Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements 11 makes this an especially worthwhile deal!
has the Refurbished Nikon D5100 DSLR Camera
available for $369.95 with free shipping.
From Nikon: The Artists' Modern Muse: The Nikon D5200 Inspires Users to Capture Creatively Soon to be Available in the U.S., The Nikon D5200 Blends D-SLR Performance and Imaginative Features That Make it Simple to Create and Share Amazing Images and Full HD Video
LAS VEGAS, CES BOOTH #8643 – Today, Nikon Inc. announced the U.S. availability of the Nikon D5200, a camera that provides the imaginative features and D-SLR versatility needed to fulfill any creative vision through stunning imagery and Full HD video. Whether new to D-SLR shooting, or for those simply ready to step-up to a higher level of photography, the 24.1-megapixel D5200 will inspire new ways to capture with an easy-to-use interface, in-camera Special Effects and creative modes, plus the ability to share wirelessly in an instant. The Nikon D5200 will be available in late January for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $899.95* with the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens.
“The Nikon D5200 is intended for the customer who wants to capture and share their life, their experiences and their adventures in new and original ways”, said Bo Kajiwara, Vice President of Marketing, Planning and Customer Experience, Nikon Inc. “The D5200 features Nikon’s latest innovative technologies along with an easy-to-use feature set that enables users to unleash their creativity, and truly test the boundaries of a photographer’s imagination.” Imaginative Features Inspire Creativity
The Nikon D5200 is designed to foster creative possibilities, allowing users to easily document their lives with a compact and lightweight D-SLR camera body. Loaded with features for making amazing images and HD video, the D5200 is a must-have camera for a well-planned excursion or spontaneous adventure. Photographers have the ability to tell stories with artistic flair, thanks to the assistance of features that include:
- Vari-Angle LCD - The high-resolution, 921,000-dot 3-inch LCD screen swivels and rotates at a variety of angles, and is viewable at 170 degrees. This makes it easy to capture images and HD video from creative angles such as above the crowd or down low from a toddler’s perspective. Users can even swivel the LCD screen for creative and fun self-portraits.
- In-Camera Special Effects for video and still images - By selecting the Effects option on the Mode Dial, users can apply a wide range of creative filters and effects for both photos and HD video. Modes include Selective Color to visually highlight up to three selected colors within a monochrome scene; Color Sketch to create a vivid drawing from a scene; Miniature effect to make a scene appear as a miniature model and Night Vision to enable images and video in very low-light by increasing the camera’s sensitivity. Users can also enable modes to emphasize silhouettes or create color effects with high-key and low-key images and video. These effects can be applied prior to shooting the photo or video, or can be applied post-capture for photos through the retouch menu.
- Creativity has never been easier - The D5200 features an enhanced graphical user interface (GUI) that makes it easy to visualize camera settings for optimal results. Additionally, users can enable other visual effects including High Dynamic Range (HDR) and six settings of Nikon’s Picture Controls to creatively and automatically manipulate tone and color for striking images and HD video.
Creativity Without Boundaries
The D5200 takes advantage of Nikon’s new 24.1-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor to deliver amazing image quality and beautiful HD video that bursts with vivid color, broad dynamic range and gorgeous tones, even in challenging light. Users are now able to realize the full potential and the performance benefits of D-SLR photography including rapid camera response, interchangeable lenses and amazing image quality. Whether shooting a family outing or action sports, the camera is packed with features that let users create amazing content:
- Wide ISO range (from 100-6400) - For shooting in even the most challenging lighting conditions, the D5200 covers a wide ISO range and is expandable to as high as ISO 25,600. Shooting at high ISO sensitivity enables users to shoot at faster shutter speeds and reduce the effects of image blur caused by camera shake even in low-light situations or when shooting a moving subject, delivering clean and sharp images with minimal noise.
- EXPEED 3 image processing - Nikon’s most recent image processing engine, dubbed EXPEED 3, drives the rapid response and swift performance of the camera, while maximizing energy efficiency, reducing image noise and delivering true-to-life colors.
- Scene Recognition System - Information from the 2,016 pixel RGB sensor is used to instantly analyze and recognize the scene prior to capture, resulting in adjustments to exposure, AF and white balance for the best possible image quality. The result is brilliant landscapes, flattering portraits and fast-moving action captured with split-second precision.
- 39-point AF system with wide area coverage - The D5200 features Nikon’s quick and accurate 39-point AF system to help users create tack-sharp images for a wide variety of subjects. The Multi-CAM 4800 DX AF sensor works in tandem with the Scene Recognition System to accurately acquire and track subjects throughout the frame. Users can lock-on to fast moving subjects throughout the frame using 3D tracking to create sharp images of fast action, or use one of the other modes including single point AF, Dynamic AF and Auto-Area AF. When in Live View or recording video, contrast detect AF quickly acquires, and can even track focus through the frame.
- Speed and performance - Whether upgrading from a compact point-and-shoot or exploring the benefits of D-SLR photography, users will appreciate the speed to capture fast action and fleeting moments at the press of a button. The D5200 can shoot full-resolution images at up to five frames-per-second to help freeze fast moving subjects, and quickly acquires focus thanks to the intelligent AF system. The D5200 delivers amazing performance with lightning fast start-up time and nearly imperceptible shutter lag, the time when the shutter button is pressed to when the beautiful image is captured.
The Easy Way to Share Great Pictures
While the Nikon D5200 is capable of capturing amazing images and HD video, it also enables the user to simply and quickly share stunning imagery with friends and family. By utilizing the optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter, the connected user can easily share photos taken on the D5200 to a supported smartphone or tablet.2 The Nikon Wireless Mobile Adapter Utility application is available free of charge on Google Play™ for Android™1 devices or from the App Store™ for the iPhone or iPad.3 When using the application, photographers can wirelessly transfer images from the camera to a mobile device, and even remotely control the camera from up to 49 feet.
Realize a Vision in HD Video
For those wanting to expand their creative vision with video, the D5200 D-Movie HD video mode is capable of capturing Full HD 1080p, with the option to apply Nikon’s Creative Effects. This feature lets users take advantage of modes like Selective Color or Color Sketch to create truly customized movies. By simply pressing the dedicated video record button, movies are recorded at 1080/30p, or at 60i for optimal playback on many HDTVs when connected to the HDMI output. For the first time in a Nikon HD-SLR, users have the ability to record stereo sound through the internal microphone or attach an optional external microphone, such as Nikon’s ME-1, through the dedicated microphone terminal.
The Vari-Angle LCD provides the opportunity to gain a unique perspective for video, while full-time autofocus helps users maintain sharp focus that is critical for HD video. While recording, the contrast detect AF system has the ability to use normal or wide area AF, track a subject through the frame, or use face priority AF to make sure faces are always in focus.
NIKKOR, Speedlight and System Compatibility
The creative potential for the D5200 is unlimited when combined with the versatility of Nikon’s legendary NIKKOR optics and powerful system accessories. Compatible with Nikon’s dedicated DX-format lenses and more than 50 FX-format lenses as well as Nikon’s Speedlight System, the Nikon D5200 puts the ability to create stunning images and HD video at the user’s fingertips.
New optional WR-R10 and WR-T10 Wireless Remote Controllers
The D5200 is also compatible with a new wireless radio frequency remote accessory, the WR-R10 and WR-T10 Wireless Remote Controllers. When using these devices, the camera can be triggered remotely, making it ideal for group shots, remote applications, or to reduce shake when the camera is mounted on a tripod. This new wireless remote system operates from a radio signal rather than infrared light, dramatically increasing functionality and range. Now the camera can be triggered from up to 20 meters (66 feet) away, and a direct line of sight is not necessary. The remotes also enable the bulb function for long shutter applications, as well as functions of the camera that are affected by a half-press of the shutter, including the engagement of the AF system or starting and stopping video capture. The WR-R10 transceiver can be connected to the accessory terminal of many Nikon D-SLR cameras including the new D5200, D3200 and D600. For those cameras that feature a 10-pin terminal, the optional WR-A10 adapter can be fastened to allow use of the wireless remote controllers.
Price and Availability
The Nikon D5200 will be available in three colors (Black, Red and Bronze), starting in late January 2013 for the suggested retail price (SRP) of $899.95* with the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens. The WU-1a is available for the SRP of $59.95*. The WR-T10 Wireless Remote Controller will be available at the end of January for a SRP of $94.96*, WR-R10 Wireless Remote Transceiver for an SRP of $126.96*, the WR-A10 Wireless Remote Adapter for a SRP of $74.96* and the WR-10 Wireless Remote Controller Set will be available for a SRP of $277.96*. For more information on the new Nikon D5200 and other Nikon products, please visit www.nikonusa.com.
Nikon D5200 DSLR (body only): B&H | Adorama
Nikon D5200 DSLR & 18-55mm AF-S DX VR Lens: B&H | Adorama