Waukegan, IL – September 24, 2014
– Fotodiox Pro, a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality photography and videography accessories, has announced their newest concept in LED lighting: the FlapJack LED Edgelight series. Designed to be lightweight, portable and easy to set up, the FlapJacks produce soft, even light that is ideal for almost any shooting scenario, like impromptu interviews, capturing beautiful portraits or even shooting tabletop food or product photography. Their interior diffusion materials eliminate the need for additional softboxes, and each of the four models can easily fit into a messenger or camera bag, making them a truly complete lighting solution – right out of the box.
Rather than using forward-facing LEDs common in conventional panels, the FlapJacks’ LEDs are mounted around their outer edge, aimed inward at layers of diffusion material. Instead of producing a direct beam, they produce bounced light that creates a soft, even glow with no hotspots. They are the perfect solution for filling in shadows, shooting glamour portraits or expertly lighting small spaces, like car interiors or office cubicles.
Furthermore, the FlapJacks feature an elegant form factor – each measuring less than 1/2" at its thinnest point – and can be placed almost anywhere. Their compact design makes it easy to mount them to light stands, tabletop tripods, light clamps or even a camera’s accessory shoe. The FlapJacks are so lightweight that they can even be mounted with Velcro, cord or tape, making it easier than ever before to get creative with light placement.
Quick Facts About the Flapjack LED Edgelight Series:
- Two circular models: the C-200R (7” diameter) and the C-300R (10” diameter)
- Two rectangular models: the C-200S (8" x 5") and the C-200L (11" x 4 1/4")
- Feature edge-mounted LEDs and layers of built-in diffusion to produce soft, even lighting with no hotspots
- Fully dimmable, with no change in color temperature, from 10-100%
- Thin, portable design makes each model only 1/2” deep at thinnest point
- Run on either AC power or a NP-F style rechargeable battery (both are included in each kit)
- Contain a backlit LCD indicator that displays both light level and battery life status
- C-200 lights come with ballhead mounting bracket for light stand or accessory shoe mounting
- C-300 lights come with mounting yoke for light stand
- Each light comes with a custom fitted hard case and is backed by Fotodiox’s 2-year warranty
carries the new Fotodiox FlapJack LED lights
Post Date: 9/24/2014 11:08:52 AM CT Posted By: Sean
129 new camera/lens combinations have been added to the DxO Optics Module library for DxO Optics Pro and DxO ViewPoint, providing support for Olympus, Pentax, Samyang and Zeiss lenses for Canon, Fuji, Nikon, Panasonic, Pentax and Samsung cameras.
To see the combinations supported by DxO Optics Pro and planned combinations, click on the link below then select the second tab. Supported or planned combinations
New DxO Optics Modules for DxO Optics Pro (also supported by DxO ViewPoint):Canon
B&H carries DxO Optics Pro 9
and DxO Viewpoint 2
Post Date: 9/24/2014 10:22:24 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Nikon: Updates provided with this release, C:1.12
Download the Nikon COOLPIX A Firmware C:1.12 B&H
- An issue that sometimes prevented appropriate exposure control with interval timer photography has been resolved.
carries the Nikon COOLPIX A digital camera
Post Date: 9/24/2014 10:15:37 AM CT Posted By: Sean
The complete set of standard test results along with specs/measurements and product images are now available on the Tokina 100mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro Macro Lens Review
Post Date: 9/24/2014 9:29:34 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Post Date: 9/24/2014 9:23:58 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Post Date: 9/24/2014 8:53:59 AM CT Posted By: Sean
The B&H SuperStore and Offices will close today, Wednesday at 1:00PM EDT, in observance of Rosh Hashanah and will reopen on Sunday, September 28th at 10:00AM EDT.
Rush orders placed before 11:00AM EDT, will be processed before we close.
All other orders placed before 7:00AM EDT, will also be processed before we close.
All shipping orders placed after the above time will be processed when we reopen.
Online ordering will be unavailable from 6:45PM EDT through Saturday, September 27th at 8:00 PM EDT.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patronage. Full Autumn Closing Schedule
Online ordering will be unavailable on the following days:
|Wednesday, September 24, at 6:45PM EDT||through||Saturday, September 27, at 8:00PM EDT|
|Friday, October 3, at 6:30PM EDT||through||Saturday, October 4, at 8:00PM EDT|
|Wednesday, October 8, at 6:15PM EDT||through||Saturday, October 11, at 7:45PM EDT|
|Wednesday, October 15, at 6:15PM EDT||through||Saturday, October 18, at 7:30PM EDT|
Post Date: 9/24/2014 8:46:30 AM CT Posted By: Sean
As we are every year, we will be closed on September 25-26 in observance of Rosh Hashanah. We will also be closed from October 9-17 in observance of Sukkot.
Our site will be up and running and you can place orders, but no orders will be processed until we return from holiday. When we return on October 19, please allow an additional 2-3 days processing time.
We urge you to plan ahead for your printing needs and place any orders that you anticipate needing in late September or October now.
Post Date: 9/24/2014 8:41:26 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Announced last week
, Lowepro's Hardside Series is set to compete with Pelican
– the industry standard in hard cases. If this video is any indication, Lowepro may have positioned themselves as a worthy competitor. B&H
has the new Lowepro Hardside cases
available for preorder.
Post Date: 9/24/2014 7:54:25 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Adobe: Get Amazing Results with Advanced Technology that Makes Photo and Video Editing Quick and Easy
Adobe today announced the availability of Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 and Adobe Premiere Elements 13, the latest versions of the No. 1 selling consumer photo- and video-editing software. Adobe serves up a fresh collection of easy-to-use editing tools and guided techniques to help consumers achieve the results they want. Also new this year, Elements Live: a dynamic channel within the software that's designed to spark creativity and improve user skills.
"Our customers don't always have the time or the know-how to get the results they desire," said Shanmugh Natarajan, senior director, engineering, core technologies and products at Adobe. "In Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13, we focused on developing tools that automate the process or guide customers through the steps to create the photos they'll love and want to share." New Creative Features and Tools Inspired by Consumer Favorites
Adobe debuts features and tools based on the most popular consumer requests.
Photoshop Elements 13
- Better Photo Mashups – Copying people or objects from one photo to another is a consumer favorite and is now as easy as copy and paste with new Photomerge Compose. Used in conjunction with the new Refine Selection Brush for precise selections and Adobe's Match Color Tone that automatically blends lighting and shading, the final photo will look as if it had been taken that way.
- Stand Out with an Innovative Facebook Page – Easily combine Facebook Cover and Profile photos with text and graphics to create an integrated layout that's sure to get noticed.
- Black and White Photos with Personality – Three new Guided Edits add flair to black and white photos with pops of color or fine-tuning for a more dramatic approach.
Premiere Elements 13
Extraordinary Results in One Click
- Minimize Time Spent Trimming Footage – Use Favorite Moments to mark the best parts of a clip, and then assemble them into a short movie ready for sharing.
- Introduce a Little Hollywood Flare – Add video footage to movie titles with Video in Titles or apply a blur or other popular effects to specific areas of the frame with Effects Masking.
Personalizing photos and videos is even easier.
Photoshop Elements 13
- Fifty Stylish Ways to Customize Photos – Building on to the most popular enhancements in Expert mode, new Effects Variations offers four additional options per look for a total of 50 ways to tailor photos in a single click.
- Crop Photos Like a Pro – Improve photos with Intelligent Crop Suggestions, a tool that analyzes faces, horizons and other photographic elements to recommend four different crops based on the rules of composition.
Premiere Elements 13
Elements Live Educates and Inspires
- Steady Shaky Footage – The popularity of shooting video with hand-held smartphones and action cameras is at an all-time high but often results in shaky footage. With the enhanced Shake Stabilizer it's easy to steady shaky video in seconds.
Regularly updated to deliver fresh content, the Elements Live portal serves up tips, tricks and inspiration from within the application. From how to get started to inspiration and tutorials on more complicated techniques, Elements Live is sure to excite with all the creative possibilities. Creative Storytelling in Fewer Steps
Build engaging narratives with imaginative slideshows and videos, then share finished creations directly to social media or generate a private album for only the people that matter most.
Premiere Elements 13
Pricing and Availability
- Produce a Perfect Tale in Minutes – Themes based on various occasions, such as Wedding and Birthdays, walk users through the process of building a compelling video. Video Story automatically assembles the clips, adds transitions and music based on the chosen theme for a polished finished piece.
- Transform Humdrum Into Something Special – From within the Elements Organizer, add photos and videos into a themed slideshow complete with transitions and automated music, or choose an MP3 from a personal collection. Slideshow will sync the pace based on the beat of the selected song.
Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 and Adobe Premiere Elements 13 (Mac and Windows) are immediately available for purchase for US$99.99 via www.adobe.com and retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, B&H, Staples, Office Depot and Campus Bookstores. Upgrade pricing is also available for US$79.99. The Photoshop Elements 13 & Premiere Elements 13 bundle is available for US$149.99, with upgrade pricing of US$119.99. B&H
has Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13
available for purchase.
Post Date: 9/24/2014 6:50:04 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From the Carl Zeiss Lenses YouTube Channel:
With the Otus 1.4/85 ZEISS is expanding its high-end lens family. The Otus 1.4/55, an SLR standard lens, already set new global standards in what it means to achieve perfection. The expectations for the 85-mm focal length are just as high. This new member of the Otus family is an outstanding and fast all-around lens that accepts no compromises
Want more information? Read our Zeiss OTUS 85mm f/1.4 Review
Post Date: 9/23/2014 5:54:59 PM CT Posted By: Sean
has the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM Lens
available for $979.00. Compare at $1,199.00. Note:
When purchased by US customers, items sold by DigitalRev are considered grey market.
Post Date: 9/23/2014 10:31:17 AM CT Posted By: Sean
(via BeachCamera) has the Refurbished Nikon D3100 with 18-55mm & 55-200mm Lenses
available for $329.99 with free shipping. Compare at $519.00 new. Bundle Includes
- Refuribhsed Nikon D3100 DSLR Camera
- Refurbished AF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II lens
- Refurbished AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED
Post Date: 9/23/2014 10:05:23 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Product photographer Tony Roslund
shows us how to save money by mounting and framing prints yourself. Relevant Tools/Supplies
Post Date: 9/23/2014 9:00:56 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Nikon: New Courses and New Locations Offer Wide Variety of Topics, Focusing on Specific Photography Styles or Techniques and Video Capture
MELVILLE, NY (September 22, 2014) Today, Nikon Inc. announced the upcoming schedule for the new Nikon School program, which will now feature a wider variety of classes and a more interactive experience for photographers of all levels from beginners to enthusiasts. Held across the United States, Nikon School educates and inspires photographers, with classes for anyone who wants to take their photography to a next level, both creatively and technically.
This year, Nikon School will offer a greater variety of classes targeted towards an individual’s specific photographic passions. The new courses focus on specific styles and techniques and include Travel and Landscape, Creative Lighting, Action and People and Video Production. Realizing attendees’ busy schedules, full-day and half-day sessions will now be available to make classes more accessible for photography lovers nationwide. Additionally, Nikon School will now be structured as a more visual and interactive learning experience for students, with more enhanced content that demonstrate how to get the most out of a camera. Accredited instructors will incorporate live demonstrations and encourage students to let their creativity shine.
“From parents to grandparents, hobbyists to artists, to people who just love to create and share images, photography is becoming more popular; the aim of Nikon school is to help people get the most from their cameras, while implementing fresh ideas to help educate and inspire photography lovers everywhere,” said Mark Suban, Senior Manager, Nikon Professional Services at Nikon Inc. “Whether an amateur photographer is looking to upgrade from a smartphone, or an enthusiast photographer interested in advancing a skillset, Nikon School offers a class that can help anyone achieve their photographic dreams.”
Nikon School will host more than 50 classes from September 2014 to June 2015 in 25 locations nationwide. The programs are taught by six instructors, all of whom are recognized as experts in the industry.
To get more information on Nikon School or access to the most updated schedule, please visit: www.NikonSchool.com/newclasses
Post Date: 9/23/2014 6:44:00 AM CT Posted By: Sean
: Acquisition and New Creative SDK Accelerates Delivery of Mobile Apps that Integrate with Adobe Creative Cloud SAN JOSE, Calif. — Sept. 22, 2014
— Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced that it has acquired privately held Aviary, a developer of mobile SDKs (Software Development Kits) for the delivery of creative apps. With millions of people already using Aviary-powered photo-editing apps and thousands of developers using Aviary’s SDKs, across mobile platforms, the acquisition accelerates Adobe’s strategy to make Creative Cloud a vibrant platform for third-party apps, through a new Creative SDK. Currently under development, Adobe Creative SDK is a software library that enables developers to tap into Adobe’s creative technologies to build mobile apps and drive new connections between mobile devices and Adobe Creative Cloud desktop applications and services.
“Aviary has an exceptional team and technology platform, as well as expertise serving a robust developer ecosystem. We're thrilled to leverage Aviary's technology to make our Creative SDK even more powerful for app developers,” said Scott Belsky, vice president of Creative Cloud Ecosystem & Behance at Adobe. “This is great news for developers because thousands of mobile apps will have the opportunity to become compatible with industry-defining desktop tools like Photoshop CC, as well as new Creative Cloud services."
Adobe Creative SDK gives third-party developers access to Adobe APIs (Application Programming Interfaces), previously only available to Adobe’s internal engineering teams. Examples include: browsing files stored in Creative Cloud; extracting elements from PSD files; Adobe’s “Touch Slide” software for straight-line drawing; and cloud image-editing services like Content-Aware Fill and Upright. Adobe Photoshop Mix, a recently launched mobile app for iOS, utilizes these new APIs and offers some of Adobe’s best imaging technology for applying Photoshop looks and compositing images. Adobe Creative SDK is currently being tested by developers and a beta launch is expected in the coming months.
"Aviary was founded to bring creative freedom to the world,” said Avi Muchnick, Aviary’s co-founder. “We're excited to join Adobe and tap into their incredible wealth of creative technology and supercharge our collective SDK offering. Together, we will help nurture the next generation of third party creative apps.”
For further details on today’s announcement, visit Scott Belsky’s blog
and Aviary's blog
Post Date: 9/23/2014 6:38:47 AM CT Posted By: Sean