From Lensbaby: Latest product in Lensbaby’s Optic Swap System offers high-quality, versatile 50mm tilt lens Portland, OR and New York, New York (PhotoPlus Expo 2015)—October 21, 2015
– Lensbaby, providing creative effects lenses to photographers that ignite their creativity and expand their unique visions of the world, today announced the new Composer Pro II with Edge 50 Optic, adding another powerful and creative tool to their Optic Swap System. The product will make its public debut during PhotoPlus Expo 2015, being held October 21-24 at the Javits Convention Center, New York City. Composer Pro II with Edge 50 Optic is designed for shooters ranging from avid enthusiasts and serious hobbyists to semiprofessional DSLR and mirrorless photographers.
Composer Pro II with Edge 50 Optic is a high-quality, 50mm f/3.2 upgraded metal-bodied tilt lens that lets you control depth of field in-camera for an authentic, immersive shooting experience. Photographers can use the lens to create images with a sharp slice of focus bordered by silky, smooth blur. The lens body swivels and tilts on a smooth metal ball and socket design, providing a fast and intuitive way to switch between traditional straight lens photos and tilt photography. Using selective focus, shooters can lead the viewers’ eyes on a unique journey through landscapes, close-ups, miniature effects, street photography and food photos.
"Since the beginning, Lensbaby’s products have inspired new levels of creativity where the limits of traditional lenses have been reached," said Craig Strong, Lensbaby Co-founder & Chief Creative Officer. “Composer Pro II with Edge 50 builds on the history and success of the original Composer Pro with a look and feel equal to the industrial design of Velvet 56, our high-end classic portrait lens. Lensbaby provides the most unique and creative camera lenses anywhere.”
Composer Pro II with Edge 50 Optic provides a gateway to an endless supply of creativity tools. Compatible with the Lensbaby Optic Swap System, it provides limitless options for photographers to swap optics in an out of the Composer Pro II lens body to change effect and focal length.
Visitors to PhotoPlus Expo 2015 can view a demo of the Composer Pro II with Edge 50 Optic at the exhibit hall, booth #372.
Composer Pro II with Edge 50 Optic specs:
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Aperture range: f/3.2 through f/22
- 9-blade internal aperture
- Flat field optic (creates a slice of sharp focus)
- Minimum focusing distance: 8” from the front of the lens
- Maximum focusing distance: Infinity
- Focus Type: Manual
- Size/Weight: 3.25” (8.25 cm) high x 2.5” (6.35cm) wide / 10 oz (283.49 g)
- Tilt: up to 15 degrees
- Compatible with the Lensbaby Optic Swap System
- 8 multi-coated glass elements in 6 groups
- 46mm filter threads
Composer Pro II with Edge 50 Optic retails for $424.95 and is available for Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony Alpha A, Pentax K, Fuji X, Sony Alpha E, Micro 4/3rds, and Samsung NX. Lensbaby products are available at lensbaby.com, B&H, Adorama, and from select specialty photo stores worldwide.
Note - Edge 80 Optic, Sweet 35 and Sweet 50 are currently available with the original Composer Pro only. B&H
carries the Lensbaby Composer Pro II with Edge 50 Optic