From Canon USA: MELVILLE, N.Y., March 6, 2014
– Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions today announced that its parent company, Canon Inc., has ranked among the top global companies, placing sixth overall and third internationally in the computers category of this year's Fortune
World's Most Admired Companies list. In the international computers category, Canon ranks as the top Japanese company and the sole representative of the imaging industry. Contributing to their rankings, Canon has received high accolades for innovation, quality of products/services and financial soundness.
The 2014 list was separated into 57 industries from a variety of business areas. With input from executives, directors and analysts, close to 700 companies from 30 countries around the world were analyzed and ranked based on various criteria.
World's Most Admired Companies list includes well-regarded leaders in the business world," said Kotaro Fukushima, senior director and general manager, Corporate Communications, Canon U.S.A. "To be included in this ranking is an honor in itself and further exemplifies our commitment to our customers and the communities we serve." Fortune's
World's Most Admired Companies list can be found at: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/most-admired/
Post Date: 3/6/2014 11:59:10 AM CT Posted By: Sean
In our newest guide, Pricing Your Work: Photojournalism
, discover tips to connect with potential news clients and publications, learn what fees and terms you can expect, plus get negotiating pointers and resources to help get your foot in the door and build your career in this field.
Also learn answers to questions like:
- What are the four types of clients photojournalists typically work for?
- How do you turn news media prospects into paying clients?
- What are examples of fees, terms, and contracts you’ll likely encounter?
- To what extent are rates and terms negotiable?
- What type of insurance do you need?
- Plus more!
Pricing Your Work: Photojournalism is the third in a series of guides with Wonderful Machine's CEO Bill Cramer and is packed with tips to help you price your photography and cut your best deal.
Download Photoshelter's Pricing Your Work: Photojournalism Guide.
Post Date: 3/6/2014 10:32:08 AM CT Posted By: Sean
In a surprise move, Getty is now offering the free use of over 35 million of its images
via its new embed tool. The images are watermark-free and simply display captions with the images linking back to Getty. (thanks James)
This move is undoubtedly due to the huge number of unpurchased Getty images floating around the web. Getty hopes the embedded images will increase exposure, expand its client base and open up new sources of revenue.
More information can be found in these articles by CNET
and The Verge
By the way, if you want to use one of this site's copyrighted images for your own personal use, you can! Just read Bryan's Free Use of DSLR Camera, Lens and Accessory Product Images
What do you think about Getty's decision to allow free, non-commercial use of its images? Let us know in the comments section below or on our Facebook Page
Post Date: 3/6/2014 7:14:35 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From MindShift Gear:
MindShift Gear has released the lightest, most compact camera cover for outdoor photography, the UltraLight Camera Cover, available in three sizes. This “skin-style” camera pouch/cover is designed for outdoor, nature, and action photographers who wear a normal or pro DSLR camera with small to medium lens out on their chest, ready to shoot. Its adjustable shock-cord on lid allows the cover to fit multiple camera and lens combinations.
The UltraLight Camera Cover comes in three sizes:
- UltraLight Camera Cover 10: Fits a small DSLR (Canon Rebel or Nikon 5200 series) with kit lens or short zoom (up to a 18-55mm f/3.5-f/5.6, 24-105mm f/4 or 24-85mm f/2.8-4)OR fits standard-size DSLR (Canon 5DMIII or Nikon D800 series) with prime lens or short zoom (up to a 85mm f/1.2, 24-105mm f/4 or 24-85mm f/2.8-4)
- UltraLight Camera Cover 20: Fits a standard or pro DSLR (Canon 5D MIII/1DX or Nikon D700/D4) with attached standard zoom lens (up to 24-70mm f/2.8)
- UltraLight Camera Cover 30: Fits a standard or pro DSLR (Canon 5D MIII/1DX or Nikon D700/D4) with attached large zoom lens (up to 70-200 f/2.8)
With the UltraLight Camera Cover photographers can use their camera neck strap for extra support in active adventures. Its orientation brings the camera closer to photographers’ center of gravity, allowing greater balance and stability during extreme action. It doesn’t block the view of their feet like a bulky camera case. It also fits under any backpack. It features a weather-resistant flap cover and lightly padded front, bottom and rear panels. It accommodates lenses facing out or facing down depending on the photographer’s carrying preference.
For superior water-resistance, its all exterior fabric has a durable water resistant coating while the fabric’s underside is coated with polyurethane. It uses 100D rip-stop nylon, 210D velocity nylon, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
UltraLight DSLR Cover 10
- Internal Dimensions: 6.7” W x 5.1” H x 6.3” D (17 x 13 x 16 cm)
- Compressed Dimensions: 4.3” x 6.1” x 1.8” (11 x 15.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Weight: 5 oz (141 g)
UltraLight DSLR Cover 20
- Internal Dimensions: 7.1” W x 7.5” H x 7.5” D (18 x 19 x 19 cm)
- Compressed Dimensions: 6.3” W x 6.7” H x 1.6” D (16 x 17 x 4 cm)
- Weight: 6 oz (172 g)
UltraLight DSLR Cover 30
- Internal Dimensions: 7.1” W x 11.4” H x 8.7” D (18 x 29 x 22 cm)
- Compressed Dimensions: 5.9” W x 8.7” H x 1.8” D (15 x 22 x 4.5 cm)
- Weight: 6.8 oz (192 g)
MindShift Gear has the UltraLight Camera Covers available for order.
Post Date: 3/5/2014 7:15:05 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From MindShift Gear:
MindShift Gear announces the release of the first case designed for quick access to round, square, and rectangular camera lens filters, the Filter Hive. The Filter Hive solves organizational and functional problems of conservation, landscape, outdoor action, and wildlife photographers who need quick access to filters of different shapes. The filter case resembles a bee hive with padded, felt-lined slots that protect delicate glass and resin filters.
The Filter Hive’s padded exterior case and accordion-style removable insert holds up to six flat graduated neutral density filters up to 4x6” (100x150mm) and six round filters up to 82mm diameter, including the thick 1.5cm variable neutral density filters. It is belt mountable and will attach to MindShift Gear’s rotation180° Panorama and rotation180° Professional backpacks. Its grab handle with
SR buckle allows it to be hung from a tripod for quick access. Its color coded organization allows filters to be located quickly. It has a front zippered pocket for quick access to a lens cloth and its YKK zipper keeps out dust, moisture and debris. MATERIALS
- Exterior: All fabric exterior treated with a durable water resistant coating while fabric underside is coated with polyurethane for superior water resistance, YKK zippers, 100D rip-stop nylon, 210D velocity nylon, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- Interior: 200D polyester lining, nylex lined filter pockets, closed-cell antilon foam, nylon binding tape, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- External pouch: 8.1” x 5.3” x 3.9” (20.5 x 13.5 x 10 cm) (W x H x D)
- Removable Filter Insert: 7.3” x 4.3” x 3.1” (18.5 x 11 x 8 cm) (W x H x D)
- Rectangular Filter Slots: 6.7” x 4.3” (17 x 11 cm) (W x H)
- Round Filter Slots: 3.4” x 3.6” (8.6 x 9.1 cm) (W x H)
- Weight: 0.5 lbs (0.2 kg)
MindShift Gear has the Filter Hive available for order.
Post Date: 3/4/2014 4:14:49 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Think Tank Photo: Think Tank Photo Releases Two App House Hybrid Shoulder Bags/Belt-mounted Bags for Apple Tablets
SANTA ROSA, Calif. – Award-winning design firm Think Tank Photo just released the App House 8 and the App House 10, two hybrid bags for quick access to a small or standard-size Apple tablets either as shoulder bags or mounted on belts. Streamlined and secure, their small size, removable shoulder strap, and double-lock belt-mount make it practically effortless for anyone to carry and access their tablet and stay connected around town or when traveling. Key features include:
- Dedicated pockets for carrying a smart phone, device accessories, plus other small items.
- Premium materials: YKK RC Fuse zippers, antique nickel-plated metal hardware and durable, long lasting, nylon fabric.
- A dedicated, easily accessible smart phone pocket with soft liner.
- An internal organizer with elastic and zippered pockets for connection cables, card readers, power cables, portable charger, pens, or other personal items.
- 4-way stretch pocket on front for rapid access to lens caps, memory cards, batteries or other items.
- Removable and adjustable shoulder strap with non-slip pad.
- Double-lock belt attachment for added security.
- Grab-handle on top for quick pickup.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included in zippered compartment on bottom.
- Think Tank “No Rhetoric” Warranty…period.
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant (DWR) coating, plus fabric underside is coated with polyurethane. These bags also have YKK RC Fuse zippers, 250D shadow ripstop nylon, 420D high density nylon, 550D spun polyester, 200D polyester, antique nickel-plated metal hardware, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 210D silver-toned nylon lining, nylex lined phone and tablet pockets, 150D hexa mesh pockets, 200D polyester, closed-cell antilon foam, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
App House 8
- External Dimensions: 6.1” W x 8.5” H x 1” D (15.5 x 21.5 x 2.5 cm)
- Smart Phone Pocket: 3.5” W x 5.2” H x 0.4” D (9 x 13.3 x 1 cm)
- Tablet Compartment: 5.3” W x 7.9” H x 0.8” D (13.5 x 20 x 2 cm)
- Weight with all accessories: 0.6 lbs (0.3 kg)
App House 10
- External Dimensions: 8.1” W x 10” H x 1.4” D (20.5 x 25.5 x 3.5 cm)
- Smart Phone Pocket: 5.9” W x 3.5” H x 0.4” D (15 x 9 x 1 cm)
- Tablet Compartment: 7.9” W x 9.8” H x 0.8” D (20 x 25 x 2 cm)
- Weight with all accessories: 0.8 lbs (0.4 kg)
Think Tank Photo Releases Modular Pixel Pocket Rocket: Belt-mountable with dedicated clear interior panels fit Six Camera CF cards and Three SD cards
Think Tank Photo’s new Modular Pixel Pocket Rocket (PPR) is belt-mountable. This enables photographers to easily whip out their CF and SD cards and to keep them securely and conveniently at hand when shooting. The Modular PPR is easily secured by a sturdy hook-and-loop panel to any Think Tank Photo modular belt or to any belt. It holds six CF cards and three SD cards, as well as other small accessories, such as a smart phone or lens cloth.
Photographers can untuck the neck-strap from its own interior slot as a wearable option to show ID or credentials through the clear panel.
Key features include:
- Capacity: Holds 6 CF and 3 SD cards.
- Belt-mount option with double security attachment.
- Built-in neck-strap as a wearable option to readily show ID or business cards through a clear external pocket.
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant (DWR) coating plus fabric underside has a polyurethane coating. It also has 250D shadow ripstop nylon and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 210D silver-toned nylon lining, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- Exterior Dimensions: 4.7” W x 5.1” H x 0.6” D (12 x 13 x 1.5 cm)
- Photo ID Window: 3.9” W x 2.2” H (10 x 5.5 cm)
- Weight with lanyard: 0.2 lbs (0.1 kg)
Think Tank Photo has the App House Hybrid Bags and Modular Pixel Pocket Rocket available now.
As a reader of our site, receive a free gift with your purchase of $50.00 or more at Think Tank Photo!
Post Date: 3/4/2014 2:37:44 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Nikon USA has the D4S User's Manual
(PDF, English - 23.7MB) available for download. B&H
has the Nikon D4S
available for preorder.
Post Date: 3/4/2014 12:51:01 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Just Posted: Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD Lens Review
As I hinted last week, especially for the price, I think that you are going to be very pleased with the image quality this lens delivers.
This lens remains in high demand and short supply. If you are interested in adding this lens to your kit, preorder now at B&H
Post Date: 3/4/2014 12:15:48 PM CT Posted By: Bryan
From Lowepro: Maximize your capacity, protection and travel ease with new Pro Roller x-Series AW rolling camera bags from Lowepro. Petaluma, CA – March 3, 2014
– Lowepro, a product design company that builds protective, high-quality gear for photography, video and portable electronic devices, launches a trio of rolling camera bags that maximize the amount of pro-sized gear photographers can pack, protect and transport: the Pro Roller x-Series AW.
“We’ve taken our proven and award-winning rolling bag design to the next level with this series,” said Tim Grimmer, Lowepro brand director. “Now pros and enthusiasts can travel from location to location with the maximum amount of camera, video or lighting gear and rely on high-impact-resistant protection and incredible ease of use.” MaxFit System for Maximum Capacity
At the core of this new design is Lowepro’s patent-pending MaxFit System of adjustable, interior dividers. This micro-fitting structure makes it easy to closely pack pro bodies, large lenses and all essential accessories in a deep and roomy interior while maintaining superior protection in a streamlined form factor.
The Pro Roller x-Series AW offers the flexibility to move dividers and travel with a variety of kits depending on shooting needs – from Pro DSLR to video, and lighting to audio. High-impact Protection
The hardshell exterior of this rolling bag design is constructed of long-wearing balllistic nylon to provide gear with high-impact protection when moving on city streets and from the rigors of airline travel. Built-in Weather Protection
A patented, built-in All Weather AW Cover adds another layer of protection – in this case from the elements – and may be deployed from a hidden pocket at the back of the bag. Travel-friendly to the Max
The Pro Roller x200 and x100 are sized to meet standard airline carry-on requirements (each measures less than 45 linear inches / 114.3 centimeters). All bags feature a compact and secure TSA-approved lock with locking zippers. And all include one of Lowepro’s inventive solutions – a Reserve Pack that unzips from the hard case to provide extra versatility for those times when a ‘plan B’ is needed. Thoughful Details for Professional Use
The Lowepro design team kept ease of use in mind as they added these thoughtful details: vibration-absorbing wheels with an ABEC-5 rating for a smooth glide; a deep laptop pocket at the front of bag for quick access; see-through interior pockets for extra accessories like cables, filters, headphones and batteries; removable accessory pouches to keep small accessories within easy reach (two pouches included with x300 AW and x200 AW models; one with x100 AW model); and a no-drop front pocket to stash and grab essentials like a smartphone, travel documents and keys.
- Pro Roller x300 AW fits: 1-2 Pro DSLRs with grip, 8-10 lenses (up to 600mm), accessories and small personal items, and up to a 17" laptop.
- Pro Roller x200 AW fits: 1-2 Pro DSLRs with grip, 6-8 lenses (to up 600mm), accessories and small personal items, and up to a 17" laptop.
- Pro Roller x100 AW fits: 1-2 Pro DSLRs, 4-6 lenses (up to 400mm), accessories and small personal items, and up to a 15" laptop.
Specs and U.S. MSRP for Pro Roller x-Series AW rolling camera bags:
Pro Roller x300 AW
Interior Primary Camera Compartment (WxDxH):
15.6 x 6.9 to 8.5 x 22.4 in. / 39.7 x 17.6 to 21.6 x 57 cm
17 x 11.6 x 25.4 in. / 43.3 x 29.5 x 64.5 cm
Weight: 14.6 lbs. / 6.6 kg
U.S. MSRP: $479.99
Pro Roller x200 AW
Interior Primary Camera Compartment (WxDxH):
12.9 x 6.2 to 7.7 x 20.1 in. / 32.8 x 16 to 19.5 x 51 cm
14 x 9 x 22 in. / 35.5 x 22.9 x 55.9 cm
Weight: 12.7 lbs. / 5.8 kg
U.S. MSRP: $399.99
Pro Roller x100 AW
Interior Primary Camera Compartment (WxDxH):
12.4 x 6.2 to 7.7 x 16.1 in. / 31.5 x 16 to 19.5 x 41
14 x 9 x 19.3 in. / 35.5 x 22.9 x 49 cm
Weight: 10.1 lbs. / 4.6 kg
U.S. MSRP: $369.99
B&H carries the new Lowepro Pro Roller X-Series AW camera bags.
Post Date: 3/4/2014 10:51:34 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Nikon: Camera Control Pro 2.17.0 full version / trial Precautions:
- This updater software updates Camera Control Pro 2.13.0 –2.16.0 to 2.17.0.
- Camera Control Pro 2.13.0 – 2.16.0 must be installed before running this Updater Software.
- When this updater software is run, it may be necessary to enter the product key again to confirm ownership of a previous version of the software.
- On a Macintosh running Mac OS X version 10.7–10.9, run this updater software and then enter the application’s product key.
- Turn off all virus-scanning software and exit Camera Control Pro 2, or any other application that may be running, before proceeding with this installation.
- You must have Administrator authority to run this updater software on a Windows computer. You must enter the Admin password to run this updater software on a Macintosh computer.
- This updater software cannot be used to install a different language version, or to modify the language version, of the application currently installed.
Updates included with this release, 2.17.0
- Support for the D4S has been added.
- When both of the following conditions are met, and the Transfer only JPEG to PC option in the Storage tab is checked, users can now transfer only JPEG copies to the computer:
- RAW + FINE, RAW + NORMAL, or RAW + BASIC is selected for Image Quality (D4S only)
- PC + CARD is selected for Record to
Camera Control Pro 2.17.0 - Windows | Macintosh
Wireless Transmitter Utility 1.5.0
- This software is provided to those who agree to the terms of the software license at the bottom of this page. When the user selects the Accept and begin download option outside of the frame, agreement to the terms of the software license is inferred. Be sure that you have read and understand the terms of the license agreement before initiating download of this software.
- Turn off all virus-scanning software and exit the Wireless Transmitter Utility, or any other application that may be running, before proceeding with this installation.
- You must have Administrator authority to run this software on a Windows computer. You must enter the Admin password to run this software on a Macintosh computer.
- When this software is used in combination with the WT-4, be sure that firmware Ver. 1.1 has been installed on the WT-4, and that Thumbnail Selector Ver. 1.3.0 has been installed on the computer. In addition, if using the D3 be sure that the camera’s A and B firmware are Ver. 2.02. If using the D300 be sure that the camera’s A and B firmware are Ver. 1.10. If firmware/software version(s) are older version(s), be sure to download the latest version(s) from our website and perform the necessary updates.
- WT-4 Thumbnail select mode and Print mode are not supported.
- When this software is used in combination with the D7100 and UT-1, be sure that firmware version 1.1 has been installed on the UT-1 (installation requires D7100 at this time).
- When installing this software under Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Vista, a Windows Security dialog will be displayed two or three times. Click Install to continue with the installation.
- When installing this software on a computer running Windows XP, a warning message regarding software installation will be displayed. Click Continue Anyway to continue with the installation.
- When installing this software on a computer to which the WT-4 Setup Utility has already been installed, uninstall the WT-4 Setup Utility before installing this software.
- Those upgrading from the WT-4 Setup utility or the Wireless Transmitter utility 1.3.0, and to which any of the following apply, must create network profiles again after installing this software before it can be used.
- Those using the D4 with the WT-5 or an Ethernet connection in image transfer mode or camera control mode.
- Those using the WT-4 (except for connection to an FTP server in transfer mode)
- Be sure to read the sections below before downloading this software.
Precautions for use with the UT-1
- Modes are limited to the connection modes supported by the UT-1:
- Transfer Mode and PC mode
- Thumbnail Mode and Print Mode are NOT supported
Modifications enabled with this version (1.5.0)
- When the Wireless Transmitter Utility is launched to create a network profile for use with the D4, D800, D800E, or D7000, always select the WT-4/ UT-1 (functions as a WT-4) option in the Select hardware dialog. When the UT-1 is used with the WT-5, select the WT-5 (Wireless LAN) option.
- When using the UT-1 with the D4, always set Network> Choose Hardware in the camera setup menu to WT-4.
Updates that apply to both the Windows and Macintosh versions
- Support for the D4S has been added.
Additional updates to the Windows version
- Support for 64- and 32-bit versions of Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 Pro, and Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise has been added.
Additional updates to the Macintosh version
- Support for OS X version 10.9.1 has been added.
- Mac OS X version 10.6.8 is no longer supported.
Wireless Transmitter Utility 1.5.0 - Windows | Macintosh
B&H has the Nikon D4S available for preorder.
Post Date: 3/4/2014 10:07:14 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Pocketwizard: Photographers benefit from seamless integration between flash, radio trigger and exposure and lighting control White Plains, NY – February 28, 2014
– In a joint announcement, Bowens, PocketWizard and Sekonic have aligned to create a complete wireless triggering solution for electronic flashes that will be first introduced in the U.S. market. Now most Bowens Gemini monolights will accept an optional PocketWizard module, which enables photographers to wirelessly trigger their flash with industry-standard, and widely used PocketWizard radios and Sekonic light meters.
Compatible components within the system are Bowens Gemini 500R, 500Pro, 750Pro, 1000Pro & 1500Pro series of monolights with PocketWizard module, all existing PocketWizard radio’s and today’s Sekonic L-478DR and L-758DR exposure meters. In addition, other (earlier) Sekonic meters can be used with an optional PocketWizard transmitter. All take advantage of PocketWizard 32 channels and 4-zone system.
Bowens USA President, Jan Lederman, brought the three technology leaders together to create a powerful alliance for the photographic flash market. When asked what prompted this he responded, “With the rapid advancement of photographic technology in our digital world, it is a natural evolutionary step to marry these technologies. Our goal is to provide a complete wireless environment in which photographers have greater and more accurate control of lighting in a more effortless way.”
To commemorate the alliance, PocketWizard is introducing a new Plus III Transceiver in the “Bowens’ signature yellow” color. Pricing and Availability
Bowens products are available for purchase and rent from a growing list of specialty camera and video retailers as well as rental houses across the United States.
B&H carries Bowens
Post Date: 3/3/2014 7:26:10 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Spectra is the new family of Manfrotto’s professional LED Lights, designed to meet the needs of demanding videographers and photographers. Spectra LEDs excel in reliability and light quality and stands out from standard LED panels, thanks to their slim and elegant design. Features:
- Excellent Color Rendition – Colors are reproduced with fidelity and the skin tone of subjects are always natural.
- Long Lasting Batteries – Thanks to the long lasting batteries (1.5 hrs on average), Spectra is ideal to be used not only in studio, but also on location.
- Versatility & Portability – It’s extremely easy to carry Spectra LED lights wherever they are needed and to use them either on-camera or in combination with Manfrotto’s numerous complimentary accessories (stands, booms, clamps, arms, etc).
SPECTRA 1X1 FT BI-COLOR, FLOOD (Part Number: MLS1X1FT) – Manfrotto Spectra 1X1 FT is an extremely versatile LED panel; it provides a beautiful soft light, to match the requirements of demanding filmmakers, videograpers and photographers. The illuminance is greater than 1400 LUX at a distance of 1m and the color temperature can be regulated from 3200°K to 5600°K.
SPECTRA 1X1 S, 5600K, FLOOD (Part Number: MLS1X1F) – Manfrotto Spectra 1X1 F is an extremely versatile LED panel; it provides a beautiful soft light, to match the requirements of demanding filmmakers, videograpers and photographers. The light output is centered at a constant temperature of 5600°K (daylight), with an illuminance of more than 1400 LUX at a distance of 1m.
SPECTRA 1X1 S, 5600K, SPOT (Part Number: MLS1X1S) – Manfrotto Spectra 1X1 S is an extremely versatile LED panel; it provides a beautiful soft light, to match the requirements of demanding filmmakers, videograpers and photographers. The light output is centered at a constant temperature of 5600°K (daylight), with an illuminance of more than 1700 LUX at a distance of 1m.
B&H carries the new Manfrotto Spectra 1x1 LED lights.
Post Date: 2/28/2014 1:01:14 PM CT Posted By: Sean
recently interviewed Go Tokura, Canon's Group Executive for Image Communications / Products Operations. Mr. Tokura was asked directly, "Will we eventually see the M2 in the U.S., or will you wait until the next generation?"
Mr. Tokura replied (via translator), "There are plans for the M2 to arrive in the U.S. However, having said that, I should make clear that that's the decision that is led by the sales groups in each division, so they are the ones who are holding the decision-making responsibility on that."
This news would contradict initial reports
that the EOS M2 would only be released in Asian markets.
For more information, check out the rest of the interview on the Imaging-Resource
Post Date: 2/28/2014 7:19:07 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Clacton on Sea, United Kingdom – February 27, 2014
– Comodo, a manufacturer of advanced camera stabilization systems, is announcing the release of their newest camera stabilization device, Orbit. Utilizing advanced engineering in mechanical gimbal technology, combined with application of basic physics, Orbit is the first mechanically driven, twin grip gimbal stabilization device of its kind to be introduced to the HDSLR and small camcorder segment of the filmmaking community.
Inspired and designed by award-winning filmmaker, and pioneer of the Single Shot Cinema Shooting Method, Leonard Retel Helmrich, Orbit is the perfect tool for photographers and filmmakers of all levels who want steady and fluid hand-held footage that is easy to capture. Unlike any other stabilization device currently available, Orbit requires no weights, motors, or batteries in its balancing and operation. This results in a simplified, streamlined, and straightforward way for filmmakers and photographers to utilize the tool within production environments without dedicating large amounts of set-up time to its usage.
Commenting on the announcement, Jan Lederman, President of MAC Group noted:
“Providing photographers and filmmakers with the world’s finest image making tools has always been the driving focus of MAC Group. I feel that we’ve taken our commitment to the next level with Orbit. Comodo Orbit brings such a level of ease and simplicity to capturing dynamic footage that we are all very excited to see how filmmakers across the country will use the product when it reaches their hands.”
“For the first time in a very long time, filmmakers will be able to create films without being hindered by the process of creating them.”
Orbit will arrive at a street price of $1,499 and is currently available for pre-order now at select authorized resellers across the USA. Product shipments will begin March 1, 2014. B&H
has the Comodo Orbit Handheld Stabilization Rig
available for ordering (shipping in 7-10 days).
Post Date: 2/27/2014 4:57:27 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Sigma USA:
LAS VEGAS– Feb. 27, 2014 – Sigma Corporation of America, a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world's most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, will be exhibiting at the Wedding & Portrait Photography International Conference + Expo (WPPI) at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas at booth 521 from March 3-5.
At the booth, Sigma will be showcasing its entire camera and lens product lineup, including several recently announced lenses and accessories from the manufacture’s Global Vision Line like the improved and redesigned 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM and 50mm F1.4 DG HSM lenses, as well as the 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM, 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM | ART lenses and USB Dock.
“We look forward to the opportunity every year to interact with wedding and portraiture shooters at WPPI,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “Attendees who stop by our booth will get a first look at some of our new Global Vision products like the 50mm F1.4 and 24-105mm F4 lenses, and learn how Sigma is bringing the most innovative gear to the market.”
Sigma is also pleased to be sponsoring the WPPI University event taking place on Friday, February 28 and Saturday, March 1. Two of Sigma’s Pro Photographers, Lindsay Adler and Jennifer Rozenbaum, will share their photography tips and tricks during a speaking session on Friday afternoon, and event attendees will also have the opportunity to participate in our shooting station during the hands-on workshops, and interact and work with Lindsay and Jennifer on their photography skills.
Sigma Corporation of America’s WPPI activities will include:
- WPPI In-Show Lens Giveaway: Enter for a chance to win one of four different lenses throughout the show. Sigma fans that visit the booth and participate in the Sigma Shooting studio each day will be entered for a chance to win a different lens each day of the show, including either the 85mm 1.4 EX DG HSM, 35mm 1.4 DG HSM Art, 24-105mm f4 DG HSM OS Art or 50mm 1.4 EX DG HSM. Attendees must participate at the shooting station each day for a chance to win, and one winner will be chosen randomly each day. Three lenses will be given away, one each day, plus a grand finale winner on the last day. Stop by the booth to learn which lens is being given away each day.
- WPPI Online Lens Giveaways: For Sigma fans that are unable to attend the show, Sigma will be offering them a chance to win a different lens each day by entering online. Fans can enter by submitting their best wedding and/or portrait photos to Sigma’s Facebook page using the hashtag #WinSigma or on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #WinSigma. The hashtag must be used in order to account for all entries, and a winner will be judged and selected for each day of the show plus a grand finale winner. Submission period begins March 3 9am PST and end March 5 4pm PST. Winner names will be announced March 21, 2014. For more information, visit our social channels or website each day to see which lens will be given away!
B&H carries Sigma lenses.
Post Date: 2/27/2014 1:46:50 PM CT Posted By: Sean
has a limited supply of Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Lenses for Canon
) available. Hit the "Add to Cart" button if you've been wanting to pick up this unique lens.
Post Date: 2/27/2014 10:40:16 AM CT Posted By: Sean