From Tokina: February 11, 2015
– Kenko Tokina USA, Inc. is pleased to announce the Tokina Cinema AT-X 50-135mm T3.0 lens. Tokina engineers created a lens of this focal length that is Parfocal, has dramatically reduced breathing and image shift, and has a de-clicked, 9-bladed, curved iris for beautiful bokeh and precise exposure control. With its 1M close-focus capability, the lens allows you the freedom to capture tight close-ups while maintaining a comfortable distance from your subject.
The Tokina Cinema 50-135mm T3.0 optic is 4K ready and beyond and delivers a highly versatile zoom range in a compact design. The lens has an industry standard 114mm outer front barrel for matt boxes and a 112mm filter threat for mounting filters or other accessories. Features:
- Parfocal lens design allows you to maintain precise focus while using the zoom control.
- Constant T3.0 throughout the 50mm to 135mm zoom range
- Reduced breathing so you can focus on the scene and not the lens
- Smooth, de-clicked, 9-bladed, curved iris for beautiful out-of-focus areas.
- Virtually no image shift when using the zoom control during filming
- Aspherical elements and Super-Low Dispersion glass reduce distortion and increase optical performance
- 4K Image ready
- Durable, all-metal cine-style housing with geared manual zoom, focus, and aperture rings for use in follow-focus systems.
- Common 114mm front diameter for use with a wide variety of matte boxes and accessories.
- Zoom, focus, and iris markings are on both sides of the lens for easy viewing and more mounting/follow-focus options.
- LDS (Lens Data System) support is possible
- Available Mounts: PL and EF
|Mounts||PL, Canon EF |
|Focal Length|| 50-135mm |
|Maximum Aperture|| T3.0 Constant |
|Optical Structure|| 14 groups /18 elements |
|Sensor Size|| Super 35mm |
|Minimum Focus Distance|| 1m ( 3.28 ft) |
|Zoom Mode|| Rotary Zoom |
|Depth of Field|| T3.0 – T22 (F2.8 – F22) |
|Filter Size|| 112 mm |
|Overall Length|| PL Mount - 159mm (from 142mm mount surface)|
EF Mount - 155.5mm (from 150mm mount surface)
|Diameter of Front|| 114mm |
|Maximum Diameter|| 123mm |
|Weight|| 1.53kg |
|Availability|| April 2015|
has the Tokina Cinema 50-135mm T3.0
available for preorder. Note:
Image above shows the PL mount version of the lens. The EF mount image was not available at the time of this post.