Up To 40% Lighter and 45% Deeper for the Perfect Fit
Torrance, CA— August 15, 2017
- Pelican Products, Inc. (Pelican), the global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance cases, today set another benchmark for the segment with the launch of three new deeper cases in the re-engineered, up to 40% lighter, Pelican Air Case line.
Since 1976, the classic Pelican Protector Case has been the go-to protective case solution for millions of professionals and consumers worldwide. As a part of the innovative and lighter Pelican Air case line, the three new cases, 1557, 1607 and 1637, continue Pelican’s relentless quest to offer users more versatility, portability and durability.
“Our engineering team consistently explores how to deliver innovative and meaningful new solutions,” said Stephan Corti, President, Pelican Products Commercial and Government Division. “The Pelican Air case line is a major transformation, designed to maintain Pelican’s signature concept of high-performance durability while cutting the weight out.”
The entire Pelican Air case line, constructed of lightweight HPX2 resin, is available in nine travel-ready sizes, in both long and, now, deep options. With over 13” of depth available, the new cases provide room for fragile and valuable equipment, such as drones and cinema-grade cameras. Pelican Air cases continue to be the gold-standard of premium equipment protection while remaining 40% lighter and now 45% deeper. All Pelican Air cases are available in black, yellow, orange, and gray.
Available configurations offer the choice of four unique interior options to meet almost any performance needs
- The TrekPak Divider system (not available with 1607 or 1637), feature durable, waterproof, closed-cell foam laminated to corrugated panels to provide a fully customizable and precise protection grid without wasting space.
- The Classic Pick N’ Pluck Foam offers a manually customizable solution for fast and simple protection with pre-scored foam to fit almost any equipment.
- The Padded Divider configuration includes infinitely customizable, protective, padded dividers with Velcro so users can change their equipment organization scheme on a moment’s notice.
- The No Foam configuration allows a blank slate for custom interior solutions.
“I couldn't wait to customize my Pelican Air case with the TrekPak system,” said Roy Pena, fire photographer, Bakersfield, CA. “I was able to fit all my camera gear in its own tailored compartment. When you're shooting action shots, like a fire in the heat of the moment, you have to rush in to get the shot. If you don't know exactly where the right gear is, you miss it".
The new 1607 and 1637 cases have wheels, roll tested over 914 meters. The line’s newest products boast classic Pelican case features including a watertight O-ring gasket, a crushproof and dustproof exterior, stainless steel hasp protectors, rubberized, over-molded handles and proven tough double-throw latches. Each Pelican Air Case meets the same performance tests (impact, drop, submersion and high and low temperatures). Pelican Air cases are also backed by the company’s legendary lifetime guarantee of excellence.
B&H carries the following: