has the Refurbished Nikon SB-900 Speedlight flash
available for $364.95 with free shipping.
In this Light Shaping with Andrea Belluso
video, Belluso uses Profoto's new B1 500 AirTTL battery powered flashes
paired with magnum reflectors
, a grid
and a smoke machine
to create a rugged yet stylish promotional photo for Pall Mall Barbers.
See more information on the Profoto Blog
Dell has a Presidents' Day Sale
where you could save up to 40% on touch-enabled laptops
or other consumer electronics.
To see the Presidents Day sale items, click one of the links above, scroll through the large icons and click on the Presidents Day Sale selection (seen above).
From the Nikon Europe YouTube Channel
This video was shot using the brilliant 16-megapixel COOLPIX AW120. Follow the AW120 as it explores the ocean depths in Indonesia and snowy slopes in Japan. The brilliant Wi-Fi enabled AW120 is waterproof to 18m, shockproof to 2m and freeze-proof to -10°C - making it the perfect travel companion. B&H
has the Nikon COOLPIX AW120 Waterproof All-Weather Camera
available for pre-order.
Nikon has published a compatibility notice regarding the EN-EL14a lithium-ion battery. In short, cameras compatible with the older EN-EL14 battery are compatible with the new EN-EL14a battery (although some require a firmware update).
What Nikon fails to mention in the compatibility notice is that upgrading your camera's firmware may cause your camera to be incompatible with third-party batteries
The EN-EL14a rechargeable Li-ion battery can be used in place of the EN-EL14 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
The EN-EL14a battery life has been improved by up to 20% compared to an EN-EL14 battery (depending on the camera model and shooting conditions). Both batteries can be charged using the MH-24 battery charger.
All cameras that currently use the EN-EL14 can also be used with the EN-EL14a. See the following for further information regarding EN-EL14a compatibility with each camera.
D5200, D5100, D3200, D3100, COOLPIX P7700- By upgrading firmware, EN-EL14a performance is maximized and more images can be captured (battery performance) when an EN-EL14a is used than when an EN-EL14 is used.
- D5200 - Firmware C: 1.01 or later
- D3200 - Firmware C: 1.02 or later
- D5100 - Firmware A: 1.02/ B: 1.01 or later
- D3100 - Firmware A :1.02/ B 1.01 or later
- COOLPIX P7700 - Firmware version 1.3 or later
- COOLPIX P7000 or P7100 - Although firmware enabling support for the EN-EL14a will not be released, the battery can be used with these cameras. However, the camera's battery indicator may quickly reach the half-charge point on its display.
- COOLPIX P7800 - The camera already supports the EN-EL14a from the time it was initially released, so does not require a firmware update.
- Nikon Df, D5300, D3300 - An EN-EL14a is included with purchase. The EN-EL14 can also be used with these cameras.
B&H carries the Nikon EN-EL14a battery.
Commercial photographer Thorsten Ott
has created a six part video series
explaining the use of various modifiers for indoor and outdoor portraiture.
If you're just getting into portrait lighting, this will be an especially good introduction into various lighting tools and techniques.