From Nikon USA: As Part of Nikon’s “I AM Generation Image” Campaign, Nikon Will Offer Free Newlywed Portraits Outside of the NYC Marriage Bureau Captured by Nikon Ambassador Joe McNally MELVILLE, NY
– On June 4 and June 5, Nikon will bring the Nikon Wedding Truck Studio to New York City Hall (Office of the City Clerk), offering couples getting married the timeless keepsake of amazing images to help commemorate the start of the next chapter in their story together. Nikon is working with famous photographer and Nikon Ambassador Joe McNally
to convert a truck into a fully functional photo studio, where couples getting married at the Office of the City Clerk that week are invited to get a professional portrait session at no cost.
“One of the most memorable and marvelous experiences l have had was capturing the wedding of my friends getting married at City Hall. People of all types were there to announce and share with the world that this was their beloved,” said McNally “Working with Nikon to bring this pop-up studio to life gives us a chance to celebrate this real emotion and provide couples with a stunning set of wedding photos to help remember their special day.”
The Nikon Wedding Truck Studio is part of Nikon’s “I AM Generation Image” Campaign, which inspires people to make their stories stand out through incredible imagery. Nikon will provide participating couples with high-quality portraits to keep and share with friends and family to remember their wedding day. McNally will be shooting with the Nikon D750 DSLR camera, NIKKOR lenses and Nikon Speedlights, giving couples the highest quality images as wedding-day keepsakes.
“A wedding is a joyous occasion and deserves to be documented, so that our children and grandchildren can experience the happiness and true emotions of a couple’s special day. High-quality images help to re-tell the story of that day to later generations, as if they were actually there,” said Lisa Baxt, Associate General Manager of Communications, Nikon Inc. “With the help of amazing images captured by Joe McNally, these newlyweds will receive beautiful images that will stand the test of time.”
The event will take place on June 4 and June 5 outside of the Office of the City Clerk, near 141 Worth Street in New York City. The portrait sessions will be free of charge, provided on a first come-first serve basis. Couples will leave with their images so that they can be shared with their loved ones.
Participating couples must have a valid New York State marriage certificate validating that they were married at City Hall during the week of June 1 to June 5 2015. B&H
carries Nikon DSLR camera equipment
From Canon USA: Highlights Include New EOS C300 Mark II Digital Cinema Camera, XC10 4K Camcorder, and DP-V2410 4K Reference Monitor
MELVILLE, N.Y, MAY 27, 2015 - Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will showcase its latest 4K digital cinema products for professionals in the motion picture, television production, and video content creation industries in Booth #12 at Cine Gear Expo Los Angeles 2015 from Friday, June 5 through Saturday, June 6.
Located at the Studios at Paramount Pictures in Hollywood, CA, visitors to the Canon booth will have an opportunity to receive hands-on experience with the latest cinema equipment offerings including the new EOS C300 Mark II Digital Cinema Camera
, XC10 4K Digital Camcorder
, and DP-V2410 4K Reference Display introduced in April. Canon will also have its new CINE-SERVO 50-1000mm T5.0-8.9 ultra-telephoto 4K zoom lens
on display, the only lens of its kind in the industry. In addition, the new 50.6 megapixel, high-resolution EOS 5DS and 5DS R Digital SLR cameras will be shown.
In the Paramount Theatre during the Expo will be three Canon-hosted educational panel discussions, featuring industry professionals discussing their craft, and how Canon products have helped power their work. The panel discussion schedule is as follows:
- Friday, June 5, 5:30 - 6:30 pm - Amazon Studios' Transparent: Capturing Intimate Scenes in 4K with the EOS C500 Camera featuring Jim Frohna (DP), Corinne Bogdanowicz (Colorist), and Zoe Van Brunt (2nd AC).
- Saturday June 6, 12:45 - 1:45 pm - A First Look at the EOS C300 Mark II Camera with Gale Tattersall featuring Gale Tattersall (DP), Tony Gutierrez (1st AC) and Ari Robbins (Steadicam Operator).
- Saturday June 6, 4:30 - 5:30 pm - Documentary Panel Discussion featuring Jenna Rosher (DP, "An Open Secret", "Janis: Little Girl Blue"), Svetlana Cvetko (DP, "Brand: A Second Coming", "Inequality for All") and Jerry Henry (DP, "City of Gold").
For more information about Canon at Cine Gear Expo LA 2015 please visit: pro.usa.canon.com/cinegear2015
From WD: New My Passport Drives Now Feature Up to 3 TB Capacity, Easier Backup Software and Personalization Options IRVINE, Calif. – May 27, 2015
– WD, a Western Digital (NASDAQ:WDC) company, and world leader in storage solutions, today introduced the new, redesigned My Passport Ultra portable hard drives and My Passport for Mac drives. With the My Passport line now in its 7th generation, the My Passport Ultra and My Passport for Mac portable hard drives are now available in capacities up to 3 TB1 and in four stylish colors2 - Classic Black, Brilliant White, Wild Berry and Noble Blue. WD is also introducing a new optional accessory – WD Grip Pack – a soft band, available in a variety of colors, which encircles the drive, offering consumers an easy way to personalize their My Passport drives.
“With more photos being taken than ever before, it’s critical to have a high capacity, reliable external storage solution that you can carry everywhere,” said Tony Tate, general manager and vice president of Content Storage Solutions at WD. “The latest generation My Passport drives deliver an easier automatic back-up experience, hardware-based encryption for security and higher capacities than ever before. Consumers can keep all their content in their pockets, while expressing their personal styles with the colors and WD Grip Pack.”
My Passport Ultra portable drives come in 3 TB, 2 TB, 1 TB and 500 GB capacities and feature 256-bit AES hardware encryption3 – delivering a high level of security with no impact to write-speed or CPU activity. If your My Passport Ultra falls into the wrong hands, the 256-bit AES hardware encryption protects users’ files, folders, photos, videos and music with a password known only to them. USB 3.0 compatibility provides fast data transfer rates of up to 5 gigabits per second, while being backwardly compatible with USB 2.0. My Passport for Mac portable drives are available in capacities of 3 TB, 2 TB, 1 TB and also feature 256-bit AES hardware encryption with USB 3.0 connectivity.
Sold separately, the WD Grip Pack accessory for My Passport Ultra is available in five colors (smoke, slate, grape, sky and fuchsia) and, when wrapped around one of the four colors of My Passport Ultra drives, enables consumers to create a total of twenty possible color combinations. The WD Grip Pack comes with a color-matched 18-inch flat USB 3.0 cable, creating a stylish complete solution.
My Passport Ultra’s built-in WD Backup software is a simple-to-use application with focus on reducing frustration when setting up a backup plan to preserve data. Since 31% of devices have had malware at some point, having your data safely backed up onto a secondary device like a My Passport drive is critical to preserving precious data. Pricing and Availability
My Passport Ultra and My Passport for Mac portable drives are available today at select retailers, including Amazon (My Passport Ultra
) and distributors. My Passport Ultra and My Passport for Mac have a Manufacturer’s Suggest Retail Price (MSRP) ranging from $79.99 up to $199.99 depending on capacity (3 TB capacity available next month). Both the My Passport Ultra and My Passport for Mac will offer a 3-year limited warranty. Terms and conditions of WD’s limited warranty may be found at support.wdc.com/warranty. WD Grip Pack accessories will be available in June and will have an MSRP of $12.99. B&H
carries the new WD My Passport Ultra drives
I'm deep into reviews of the Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports
and Contemporary lenses
. While their names differ by only one word and their image quality appears very similar
, these two lenses are dissimilar in many ways. Here is my list so far:
- Sports lens is nearly 2x more expensive
- Sports lens is significantly more-ruggedly constructed
- Sports lens is significantly heavier – including the hood, measured in-use weights are 6.96 lbs (3.16kg) compared to 4.49 lbs (2.04kg)
- Sports lens is moderately larger in both length and diameter (especially with the hoods in place) and the zoom extension is a bit longer
- Contemporary lens has a 1/3 stop wider aperture over a small subset of the focal length range
- Contemporary lens has a larger zoom ring with no contour in diameter mid-ring
- Sports lens has a more-serious manual focus ring that is significantly larger with much more grip surface
- Contemporary lens utilizes smaller (but still large) 95mm filters vs. 105mm
- Contemporary zoom ring rotates 146° vs. the Sport's 126°
- Sports lens has very rigid aluminum hood with rubberized end and thumbscrew lockdown vs. bayonet mount lightweight plastic hood
- Both lenses feature a rubberized push/pull zoom grip surface, but the Sports has a ridge for a more-sure pull-back grip
- Sports model has a smoother and stronger non-removable tripod mount ring and foot with a better-positioned lock knob, click detents at 90°, a much larger (and removable) foot with 3 threaded inserts (vs. 1) and dual neck strap attachment points
- Contemporary model has a removable tripod mount ring with a rubber-like replacement ring
- Sports model has a classier look
- Contemporary lens has a lower profile switch bank
- Based on side-by-side testing at multiple times, my perception is that the Contemporary focuses slightly faster, but the Sports has been more consistently accurate at the wide end
- Sports lens has integrated shoulder strap on the back of its case while Contemporary lens has removable neck strap that attaches to opposite sides of its case
- Sports lens has dust & splash proof "construction" while the Contemporary has a dust & splash proof "mount"
- Sports lens has two FLD (“F” Low Dispersion with performance similar to flourite) and three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements vs. one FLD and three SLD glass elements
- Sports lens has 24 elements in 16 groups while the Contemporary has 20 in 14
- Sports lens gets water & oil repellent coating on both front & rear elements while the Contemporary gets this coating on the rear element only
I hope to have these full reviews completed soon. B&H
has the Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens
available for preorder (Sigma mount is in stock). B&H
has the Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens
in Canon mount in stock with other mounts available for preorder.