Canon UK has made Canon EOS R5
firmware update version 1.1.0 available for
Update: The firmware is now also available at Canon USA.
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
- Useful messaging is now displayed when [HDMI display: Camera+External monitor] and [Overheat control: on] settings are enabled.
- When using certain RF lenses for movie shooting, the in-lens image stabilization mechanism has been improved.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the "Slow Synchro" setting screen is not accurately displayed, when the language is set to English.
- Fixes a typo displayed on the communication setting screen, when the language is set to Korean.
- Connectivity during FTP transmission has been improved.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which the card access time may take longer, when using certain CFexpress cards.
- Temperature detection and shooting time control in video shooting have been improved. In addition, the total shooting time when the short-time recording and power-on/off are performed repeatedly at room temperature is improved.
- The phenomenon in which the movie recording time available is not correctly displayed when the Date/Time/Zone is not set has been corrected.
* The firmware scheduled for release in early September will incorporate the following improvements for the RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM.
- Supports 6-stop image stabilization. (CIPA-compliant)
- Improves IS capabilities when performing continuous shooting under specific conditions.