(New York, New York) February 14, 2020
– ROKINON has announced two new wide angle XEEN CF Professional Cine Lenses for PL, Canon EF and Sony E mount.
With this new addition of the 16mm T2.6 and 35mm T1.5 models, the ROKINON XEEN CF lineup has grown to a core set of five primes: 16mm T2.6, 24mm T1.5, 35mm T1.5, 50mm T1.5 and 85mm T1.5.
“CF” stands for both “Carbon Fiber” and “Compact and Flexible”, which reflects the compact size and versatility of the lenses.
For example, the ROKINON XEEN CF 16mm weighs just 2.0lbs (0.9kg ) and measures 3.24in (82.3mm) in length while the fast aperture 35mm T1.5 still weighs only 2.4lbs (82.3mm) and measures 3.24in (113.7mm) in length.
Along with ROKINON’s other CF lenses, these new lenses offer exceptional compatibility with gimbals, drones, and compact and lightweight cameras.
This was accomplished utilizing carbon fiber construction rather than metal for a sturdier, lighter, durable and more future oriented design and appearance.
Carbon fiber is rarely used for precision machinery due its diffculty in molding.
Credit must be given to the R&D designers who developed a technique for molding the material into the shape and size suitable for use in precise lens construction.
The cost premium of carbon fiber was another challenge that was overcome to allow the CF cine lenses to remain within the reach of both renowned and aspiring cinematographers.
ROKINON’s XEEN CF lenses provide smooth, soft and dreamy bokeh when wide open and become crystal sharp when stopped down.
With 8K support and unique X-coating technology, internal light reflections are effectively controlled to create a distinctive look and dramatic effects.
And, they are all covered by an industry exclusive three year warranty!
"the new XEEN CF lenses show faces in a most beautiful way, with smooth and subtle transitions" Bill Bennett ASC VP
- Fast T1.5 and T2.6 apertures
- Dual left and right side scales
- Available in PL, Canon EF and Sony E mount
- Carbon Fiber enables a lighter and stronger design
- Eleven blade apertures create smooth circular bokeh
- Covered by an industry exclusive three year warranty
- Compatible with large image sensors (43.3mm image circle)
- Luminous markings allows effortless use in low-light environments
- Standard 95mm front diameters for easy compatibility with matte boxes
- XEEN X-Coating controls internal reflection for dramatic images and a distinctive look
- Uniform focus and aperture ring locations enable quick lens changes when using follow focus devices
- Uniform 200-degree silky smooth and damped focus throw across all models enables precise focus adjustment
carries Rokinon XEEN lenses