by Sean Setters
If you're like me, after having purchased the 5DayDeal Complete Video Creators Bundle (especially over multiple years), you may have a ton of LUTs (Look Up Tables) that can be used to color grade your videos and images.
For instance, the last time I counted, I had over 600 LUTs sitting in a folder on my hard drive.
Unfortunately, sifting through my LUTs to find one that's appropiate for a specific video/photo project has has been a painfully slow and tedius process, requiring the of application of each LUT individually within the software editor for preview purposes.
Thankfully, there's a better way.
A Swedish software designer has created an excellent (and free) program – Bulk LUTs Previewer
– that allows for fast and easy previewing of your locally stored LUTs.
How Does Bulk LUTs Previewer Work?
It's really simple.
How to Apply a LUT in Photoshop
- Open the program and click "Import" to point Bulk LUTs Previewer to the image you'd like to use as the sample.
I'd suggest using a small resolution image as a full-resolution image will make the previews load significantly slower.
- Click the "3D Luts" button and navigate to your folder containing the LUTs.
- Click "Generate" to generate the LUT previews.
Once you've found the LUT you'd like to use, here are the steps for applying the LUT to an image in Photoshop.
- Open your image and add a Color Lookup Table adjustment layer.
- In the Properties panel of the adjustment layer, click "Load 3D LUT..."
- Click the "Load 3D LUT..." option and navigate to the appropriate LUT.
While the sofware is free, I highly suggest donating to the author (using the "About" menu option) to encourage the software's further development (I did).
Download: Bulk LUTs Previewer