Sony Electronics Boosts Full-frame Lens Line-up with Introduction of FE 35mm F1.8 Lightweight Prime
SAN DIEGO —July 9, 2019 —Sony Electronics Inc. today announced the latest addition to its E-mount full-frame lens line-up with the introduction of the FE 35mm F1.8 wide-angle prime lens, model SEL35F18F.
The compact dimensions and lightweight of this full-frame, large-aperture lens provide mobility and convenience for shooting a wide range of subjects, such as everyday snapshots, food photography, landscapes, night scenes and more.
The new lens provides outstanding corner-to-corner image quality, while its quiet autofocus and tenacious tracking performance make it a great choice for both stills and movie shooting.
Additionally, its compact form makes it an appealing choice for both APS-C body users, offering a 52.5mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras.
“Our E-mount lens lineup now includes 34 full-frame models and 52 lenses in total,” said Neal Manowitz, deputy president of Imaging Products and Solutions Americas at Sony Electronics.
“The new 35mm prime combines outstanding corner-to-corner sharpness with a compact design, making it an ideal choice for a wide range of shooters.
Sony will continue to develop and expand its imaging lineup, giving creators more options than ever before to realize their vision.”
High-resolution and large-aperture, full-frame performance in compact and lightweight lens
Versatile control and handling for a wide range of imaging needs
- Large F1.8 maximum aperture, weighing in at just 280 grams and measuring 65.6 mm (diameter) by 73.0mm (length); this new lens sets a new standard for portability
- Advanced optical construction, including an aspherical element to suppress aberration and deliver high resolution throughout the entire image frame; 9-blade circular aperture enhances beautiful bokeh
- Minimum focus distance of 0.22m and maximum magnification of 0.24x offer easy access to the world of close-up photography
Quiet AF with excellent tracking for movies as well as stills
- Conveniently placed, customizable focus hold button and a focus mode switch for instantaneous switching between auto and manual focus
- Linear Response Manual Focus for fine, responsive manual focus control
- Dust- and moisture-resistant design add to the versatility and reliability of this new lens and invoke a feeling of confidence in the user
Pricing and Availability
- Fast, precise and quiet linear-motor AF drive system for both stills and continuous focus control
The FE 35mm F1.8 will ship in August 2019 for approximately $750 US and $800 CA and will be sold at a variety of Sony’s authorized dealers throughout North America.
Sony FE 35mm f/1.8 Lens preorders start at 11am ET on Thu, Jul 11th (be sure to preorder using our links): B&H