Second-Generation FastFoto, the World’s Fastest Personal Photo Scanner, Offers Versatile Solution for Scanning, Restoring, Organizing, and Sharing Photos
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Aug. 7, 2018
– Epson today expanded its high-speed scanning line with the new Wi-Fi enabled FastFoto FF-680W High-Speed Photo and Document Scanning System. The FF-680W scanner is the world’s fastest personal photo scanner, scanning thousands of photos – as fast as one photo per second at 300 dpi3 at up to 36 photos per batch. Building on the success of the FastFoto FF-640 scanner, the FF-680W scanner offers worry-free scanning for a variety of media types and sizes, including postcards, panoramic photos up to 36 inches and Polaroid photos as well as convenient photo restoration, editing and smart file organization tools. Families can scan, restore and organize collections of photos for quick and easy sharing, archiving and enlargements with the new FF-680W scanner. And, with the Easy Auto-Upload feature, the FastFoto scanner software makes it simple to share images to cloud services such as Dropbox and Google Drive4.
“Epson recognized the need for a fast and easy scanning solution that enabled people to digitize photos held captive in shoeboxes and albums stored away in closets and attics, and vulnerable to natural disasters, fires and floods,” said David Hawkes, product manager, Scanners, Epson America, Inc. “FastFoto unlocked a new market with the introduction of the FastFoto in 2016, making it affordable and feasible to preserve a family’s legacy. The new FastFoto FF-680W incorporates feedback from customers with a host of new features, making it easier to bring memories of yesterday back to life using the latest digital technology.”
Featuring Epson ScanSmart software, the FastFoto FF-680W scanner is also a powerful document scanner. Using the intuitive software users can easily scan, organize, email, and store important contracts, receipts, documents, and files. In addition, easily edit documents and save time with automatic file naming, plus powerful productivity tools. With built-in Nuance OmniPage Optical Character Recognition (OCR), users can create searchable PDFs, plus editable Word and Excel files.
FastFoto FF-680W Scanner Features:
Pricing and Availability
- World’s Fastest Personal Photo Scanner2 — scan thousands of photos as fast as 1 photo per second at 300 dpi
- Preserve Your Priceless Photos — SafeTouch Technology for worry-free scanning up to 8.5" wide, plus postcards, Polaroid photos and panoramas
- Second-Generation Epson FastFoto Software — scan, restore, organize, and share precious memories; offers intelligent file organization tools
- Flexible Scanning — offers modes for easy sharing (300 dpi), archiving (600 dpi TIFF) and enlarging (1200 dpi5); handles multiple sizes in one batch
- Powerful Document Scanning — includes Epson ScanSmart Software with OCR; scan receipts, tax records, wills, and more, up to 45 ppm/90 ipm6
- Easy to Connect — includes both USB and wireless connectivity for flexible placement
- Perfect Picture Imaging System — bring new life to old photos with auto enhancement, color restoration, red-eye reduction, de-skew, crop, and rotate
- Easy Auto-Upload and Backup — instantly share your memories as you scan via Dropbox and Google Drive
- Single-Step Technology — capture both the image and any handwritten notes on the back in a single scan
The Epson FastFoto FF-680W scanner (MSRP $599.99) is now available through select major retailer stores.
has the Epson FastFoto FF-680W Scanner
available for preorder.