From Canon USA:
MELVILLE, N.Y., February 25, 2018
– Upgrading from a smartphone camera to an entry-level interchangeable lens camera (ILC) can be considered to some people a daunting task. Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, supports those looking to advance their skills by continuously developing and evolving its gear. Today, the company announced their latest additions to its all-encompassing lineup of digital cameras: the EOS M50 Interchangeable Lens Camera, the first Canon EOS M-series camera with 4K video recording which is four-times the size of full HD 1080, and the EOS Rebel T7, the latest addition to the wildly popular EOS Rebel line of entry-level DSLR Cameras, with an upgraded CMOS sensor to deliver sharp, high-resolution images to capture life’s key moments.
For photographers actively seeking to upgrade their skills, the EOS M50 is an all-around, entry-level camera with an extensive list of user-friendly features that encourages users to broaden their creative visions. Providing improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF, a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor resulting in less noise and high definition in low-light situations, and the capability of recording 4K video, the EOS M50 will capture crisp, photographic expressions in various situations.
“Our core goal when developing new entry-level interchangeable lens cameras for our consumers is to meld high-quality features and usability together. In listening to our customers, we believe we have achieved this goal with both the EOS M50 and EOS Rebel T7, ” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “With enhanced features for photographers of all skill levels to enjoy, both cameras demonstrate Canon’s commitment to developing and manufacturing best-in-class quality imaging solutions.”
Additional features of the EOS M50 include:
- New DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- HD 120p High-frame video rate
- Built-in OLED Electronic Viewfinder with Touch and Drag Autofocus
- Vari-Angle LCD touchscreen
- Wi-Fi*, NFC** and Bluetooth connectivity***
- Automatic image transfer to compatible devices while shooting*
- New Silent Mode
The EOS Rebel T7 DSLR camera, featuring an upgraded CMOS sensor of 24.1 megapixel resolution, is the successor to the EOS Rebel T6. Offering easy sharing of high-quality photos and videos on social media sites, the EOS Rebel T7 provides continuous shooting up to 3.0 frames per second (fps), a nine-point autofocus system and a three-inch LCD monitor, offering users a multitude of options to capture and share life’s important moments.
Additional features of the EOS Rebel T7 include:
- Built-In Wi-Fi* and NFC** connectivity
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode
- Optical View Finder
For an additional cost, both products are also eligible for the reliable protection of CarePAK PLUS, Canon’s optional service plan, which includes accidental damage protection and Image Recovery, designed to retrieve irreplaceable images or videos otherwise lost or corrupted. CarePAK PLUS, along with all Canon camera service plans, is performed exclusively by Canon’s renowned service and support team.
The Canon EOS M50 is scheduled to be available in April 2018 for an estimated retail price of $779.99^ for the body only. The EOS M50 will also be available with the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens in both black and white for an estimated retail price of $899.99^. Additionally, the EOS M50 will be sold with the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM and the EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM in black only for an estimated retail price of $1,249.00^. A Video Creator Kit will also be available for the EOS M50 for an estimated retail price of $999.99^.
The EOS Rebel T7 is scheduled to be available in April 2018, and will be sold as a lens-and-body kit with the EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS II for an estimated retail price of $549.99^.
Canon EOS M50 - B&H
Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR - Canon USA Store
*Compatible with iOS versions 9.3/10.3, Android smartphone and tablet versions 4.4/5.0/5.1/6.0/7.0/7.1. Data charges may apply with the download of the free Canon Camera Connect app. This app helps enable you to upload images to social media services. Please note that image files may contain personally identifiable information that may implicate privacy laws. Canon disclaims and has no responsibility for your use of such images. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this app.
**Compatible with Android smartphone and tablet versions 4.4/5.0/5.1/6.0/7.0/7.1.
***Compatible with select smartphone and tablet devices (Android version 5.0 or later and the following iOS devices: iPhone 4s or later, iPad 3rd gen. or later, iPod Touch 5th gen. or later) equipped with Bluetooth version 4.0 or later and the Camera Connect.
^ Availability, prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.