In order to streamline the workflow with the raw shots taken in the new Pixel Shift Multi Shooting mode offered by the new Sony A7R-III camera, and provide a way to use popular RAW converters (Adobe Camera Raw/Lightroom, Capture One, and some others) for processing these shots, we’ve developed the SonyPixelShift2DNG
application, which converts Sony A7R-III shots taken in Pixel Shift mode to DNG, supported by most (but not all) programs that process RAW files.
performs the two following tasks:
- Combine 4 source ARW files taken in Pixel Shift Multi Shooting mode and save the result as a DNG;
- Convert the ARQ files resulting from Sony’s Imaging Edge Viewer software (so, already-combined quartets of ARW files) to DNG
The resulting DNG files can later be processed in familiar applications like Adobe Lightroom and Camera Raw, CaptureOne, Iridient Developer, Luminar, and others.
This is time-limited beta version. It will expire on May 01, 2018
Mac OS X/macOS 10.6 - 10.13, 64-bit: SonyPixelShift2DNG-0.8.0.29.dmg
Windows 7-10/64 bit: SonyPixelShift2DNG-0.8.0.29-x64-Setup.exe
* There is no 32-bit version right now: to work, the program needs 700+MB of free RAM, which is unlikely on a 32-bit system.
- OS and Processor*:
- Windows 7 – Windows 10, 64-bit;
- Mac OS X/macOS 10.6-10.13, 64-bit processor (so, all Intel Macs, except for some models from 2005-06 with Core Solo and Core Duo processors).
- Screen resolution no less than 1600x900.
- 50MB of disk space for the application.
- Disk space for writing DNG files (110-140MB per file)