In a forum post
, Kirk Baker, Senior Software Engineer, has released Photo Mechanic 4.6.9 Beta 1. Version 4.6.9 Features
- Added support for the Exif 2.3 Serial Number tag for newer cameras that actually write this field (i.e. not guaranteed to be there even if camera is writing Exif 2.3).
- Improved support for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III.
- Added support for RAW ORF files from the Olympus E-PL3 and E-PM1.
- Fixed various memory leaks that could eventually cause a memory allocation failure for users editing or ingesting a very large number of photos.
- Fixed an issue when sequentially ingesting cards with filenames that overlap. This can happen when the user sets their camera preference to start filer numbering at 0001 for each card.
- Fixed a problem updating XMP in LZW-compress TIFF files saved by Capture NX2.
- Added a workaround for viewing NEF files processed by Nikon Image Transfer that are not written properly.
- Fixed a problem with adding GPS coordinates to Canon 30D JPEG files.
- The Exif Digitized Date/Time tag is now updated when using the Adjust Capture Times command.
- Ingest now ignores Fuji FFDB.DAT files, Canon Comstate files, and EYEFI folders.
- Lossless JPEG rotation now uses default DPI setting instead of Save As DPI setting.
- Fixed a problem with PM SlideShow playback becoming unresponsive with a large number of files.