Changes from Firmware Version 14.001 to 14.002
Fixed the following issues:
Updating the Flash Unit Firmware
- Zoom (angle of illumination) did not function as expected at low temperatures.
- When AF ONLY (AF assist illumination activated, flash function canceled) was selected for Custom (Custom menu) > AF (AF-assist illumination/canceling flash function), pressing the shutter-release button halfway after restarting the standby timer or after turning on the camera would not activate the AF-assist illuminator.
- Create a folder on the computer hard disk and name it as desired.
- Download F-SB5000-V14002W.exe to the folder created in Step 1.
- Run F-SB5000-V14002W.exe to extract the following file to a folder named “SB5000Update”:
Using a card slot or card reader, copy “SB500014002.bin” to a memory card that has been formatted in the camera.
Insert the memory card in the camera. If the camera allows you to select one slot as the primary slot and the other as the secondary slot, insert the card into the slot currently selected as the primary slot. Otherwise insert the card into Slot 1.
Attach the SB-5000 to the camera and turn on the camera and flash unit.
Press the camera MENU button, select Firmware version > Update in the SETUP MENU, and follow the on-screen instructions to perform the firmware update.
Once the update is complete, turn off the camera and flash unit and remove the memory card.
Turn on the camera and flash unit and confirm that the firmware has been updated to the new version.
Download: Nikon SB-5000 Firmware v.14.002
- SB500014002.bin (the flash unit firmware)
carries the Nikon SB-5000 AF Speedlight