From Nikon: Fast, prime mid-telephoto lens delivering the large, smooth and beautiful bokeh and edge-to-edge rendering
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED, a fast, mid-telephoto fixed focal length (prime) lens that is compatible with Nikon FX-format digital SLR cameras.
The AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED is a fast, mid-telephoto fixed focal length (prime) lens with which a focal length of 105mm, a maximum aperture of f/1.4, and AF capabilities have been achieved. The 105mm and f/1.4 specifications achieve a shallow depth of field and large bokeh, enabling photographic expression that makes the most of the impressive cropping of a scene and optimal compression effects.
This lens was developed based on the design concept that is, "three-dimensional high fidelity". Thus, it is capable of more natural 3D reproduction of three-dimensional subjects on the two-dimensional fields that are photos, as well as large and beautiful bokeh characteristics, that provide smooth alteration of bokeh as the distance from the focus position increases. These characteristics enable rendering with a natural sense of depth in portraits and images of still objects.
On the other hand, landscapes are reproduced with superior resolution all the way to the edges of the frame, even at maximum aperture, for extremely sharp and clear rendering. Superior point image reproduction capabilities ensure rendering of points and sharp points for very little distortion or bleed with the pinpoint light sources in night landscapes. Night landscapes are sharply reproduced.
In addition, three ED lens elements that provide compensation for chromatic aberration have been adopted, Nano Crystal Coat is utilized for effective reduction of ghost and flare, the lens is equipped with an electromagnetic aperture mechanism that enables stable exposure control, even with high-speed continuous shooting, and highly durable fluorine coat, which effectively repels dust, water, grease, and dirt, has been adopted.
The bright viewfinder image of this fast fixed focal length (prime) lens is advantageous not only because it reduces stress for more comfortable shooting, but also it enables hand-held capture of dimly lit scenes.
The AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED, which embodies the "three-dimensional high fidelity" concept, responds to the demands of professional and advanced amateur photographers pursuing their own imaging intent with a variety of photographic scenes. It is capable not only of impressive portraits and photos of still subjects that beautifully utilize the large and smooth bokeh characteristics, but also daytime, evening, and night landscapes that exhibit superior resolution all the way to the edges of the frame, and excellent reproduction of point images. Primary Features
Official Sample Pictures (1280 x 854px) B&H
- A lens that utilizes Nikon's latest exclusive optical design to offer a focal length of 105mm, a maximum aperture of f/1.4, and to be equipped with AF capabilities as well
- The "three-dimensional high fidelity" NIKKOR lens design concept enables rending of the large and beautiful bokeh with gradual transition from the focus position increases and a natural sense of depth
- Superior optical performance with high resolution even in the peripheral areas, sharp rendering of distant subjects even at maximum aperture, and high reproduction capability of point light sources
- Adoption of ED lens elements that compensates for chromatic aberration, and Nano Crystal Coat, which effectively reduces ghost and flare
- Equipped with an electromagnetic aperture mechanism that enables stable exposure control, even with high-speed continuous shooting
- Highly durable fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water, grease, and dirt applied to the outer surfaces of the two lens elements at either end (front and rear) of the lens
has the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED
available for preorder.