Firmware Version 2.0.8 incorporates the following functional improvements and fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon which occurs when the “Shutter button half-press” menu item, configured in “C.Fn5: Operation”>”Custom Controls Menu”, is set to metering start only; depending on when the shutter button is half-pressed, it may initiate AutoFocus.
Firmware Version 2.0.8 is for cameras with Firmware Version 2.0.7 or earlier. If your camera's firmware is already Version 2.0.8, it is not necessary to update the firmware. The firmware update takes approximately seven minutes.
- Once the EOS-1D X camera is updated to Version 2.0.7, it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Versions 1.0.2 through 2.0.3).
- Once the EOS-1D X camera is updated to firmware Version 2.0.7 from previous firmware version (Versions 1.0.2 through 1.2.4 and 2.0.3), it is recommended that the latest application software*1 be used. Certain previous versions of this application software do not support functions which are added by the new firmware. You can download the latest application software from our Web site.
- The instruction manual has been revised to accommodate the improvements and fixes provided as of firmware Version 2.0.3 or later.
- Please download the most recent firmware and instruction manual from our website.
- As a result of this fix, cameras with Firmware Version 2.0.7 (or later) will not be able to read the “camera settings file” created with cameras running Firmware Version 2.0.3 (or earlier). If you require the “camera settings file”, please create it after updating to firmware version 2.0.7 (or later).
*1: EOS Utility version 2.14.10a or later (Supported OSes: Windows 8/ 7 / 7 SP1/ VistaSP2 / XP SP3, Mac OS X v10.9 / 10.8 / 10.7 / 10.6)
*1: Digital Photo Professional version 3.14.46 or later (Supported OSes: Windows 8/ 7 / 7 SP1 / Vista SP2 / XP SP3, Mac OS X v10.6 / 10.7/ 10.8/ 10.9) Support Download Firmware Version 2.0.8 for the EOS-1D X.
If you have not already done so, please register your Canon EOS-1D X. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when service updates are available.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc