Reikan has released a major update to its fully automated autofocus tuning software FoCal which provides autofocus fine tuning for both Nikon and Canon digital SLR cameras. Version 2 includes a unique ability for users to compare test results directly against results from other FoCal users around the world, helping to answer the age old question, "Is my camera/lens a good copy?".
Other highlighted features for Version 2 are routines to determine lens optical performance with an astigmatism metric and a large number of changes to the user interface to make calibration faster and FoCal easier to use. Headline Features
- Compare your results with other FoCal users – With FoCal 2, you can now compare the results of your tests with the results from thousands of other FoCal users to see how your equipment is really performing.
- Review your previous tests – You can review the detailed results of previous tests you’ve run for comparison. This includes most of the tests you’ve run with FoCal 1 as well.
- Improved Reports – The reports are now more concise, grouping relevant information together and showing more information that matters.
- Faster Results – Get accurate results in less time with the new analysis algorithms in FoCal 2.
- More Information – You can dig deeper into the performance of your camera and lens with the extra information such as Astigmatism Factor, as well as reviewing more details about each shot taken.
- User Interface Improvements – the user interface is easier to understand, with new tabbed windows, more logical operation and comprehensive keyboard control.
- Voice Prompts – FoCal 2 even talks to you! Calibrate any camera without needing to sit looking at the computer screen – any changes you might need to make at the camera are spoken out loud.
- Free Upgrade – When fully released, FoCal 2 will be a free upgrade for all holders of a FoCal 1 license, so there’s nothing more to pay to get all these new features!
Find out more about FoCal v2 on the Reikan website
The software is currently only available for those who have FoCal v1.x Pro licenses.