From The Big Photo Show: April 12, 2014
- Coming from as far away as Australia, many of the best and best-known photographers in the world will be in Los Angeles May 17-18, teaching photo enthusiasts, advanced amateurs, and even other pros how to hone their photography skills at The Big Photo Show.
Best of all, most of these 40-plus exciting courses are included in the $25 registration fee – offered to attendees at no additional charge.
Among more than 20 top instructors are:
- Jefferson Graham, author of “Video Nation: A DIY Guide to Planning, Shooting and Sharing Great Video,” technology columnist for USA TODAY, and the host and producer of USA TODAY’s Talking Your Tech and Talking Tech video series.
- Peter Read Miller, Sports Illustrated photographer who has also shot for Time, Life, People, Money, Playboy, Runners World, Newsweek, USA Weekend and The New York Times. In addition to covering 8 Olympic games and 34 Super Bowls, Peter has shot 14 NBA finals. He has covered the Stanley Cup Finals, The World Series, The Kentucky Derby, The NCAA Basketball Final Four, Men’s and Women’s World Cup Soccer Finals and the World Championship of Freestyle Wrestling in Krasnoyarsk, Siberia.
- Kevin Gilbert, former White House photographer, chief photographer for The Washington Times, commercial photographer for The Discovery Channel, and photographer for Mark Burnett Productions’ “Eco Challenge,” “The Apprentice,” “The Contender,” and many others.
- Erin Manning, host of the DIY Network’s The Whole Picture, who has also appeared on NBC’s TODAY, CBS’ The Early Show, and That Morning Show on E!. She is the creator and host of the popular Digital Photography 101 DVD series and is the author of Portrait and Candid Photography and Make Money with Your Digital Photography.
- Lee Varis, Hollywood photo illustrator and commercial photographer, whose work has been featured on movie posters and CD covers, and in National Geographic and Fortune magazines, among many others. He is also author of the bestseller Skin: The Complete Guide to Digitally Lighting, Photographing, and Retouching Faces and Bodies.
- Glynn Lavender, one of Australia’s leading professional photographers and head of premier photography education company Creative Photo Workshops, which provides dynamic photography training to photographers in Australia, New Zealand, and throughout North America.
These are just a few of a stellar lineup of highly acclaimed photographers and educators who will bring an incredible wealth of knowledge and experience to attendees.
In addition to this remarkable opportunity to learn and enhance your photography skills, The Big Photo Show will also offer more hands-on education in the Photo Shooting Zone and Learning Centers — and so much more, including live model shoots led by top photographers from Popular Photography and American Photo magazines; the Creative Product Zone, where you can discover everything you never knew was possible to do with your images; breathtaking framing and design techniques; and the Photo Doctors, where you can have equipment problems “diagnosed,” and discover how to take full advantage of everything your camera can do.
All of this and more will be happening at the Los Angeles Convention Center May 17-18. Register for The Big Photo Show, and learn what else you can do at this thrilling photography event, at www.thebigphotoshow.com.
The Big Photo Show is a series of photography events for the millions and millions of U.S. consumers who consider themselves photo enthusiasts. The Big Photo Show will have exhibits from imaging suppliers, retailers and service providers; as well as an array of educational opportunities for attendees offered by professional photographers, framers and other experts. Among many other things, attendees will learn how to take better photos; what new innovations are available in equipment and services; and the coolest new ways to creatively display their images.
For more information, check out The Big Photo Show webiste.