From Nikon: A stylish, compact, and lightweight camera offering superior performance with tracking of moving subjects with the world's fastest continuous shooting with AF tracking, and excellent image quality that makes full-scale photography possible
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the new Nikon 1 J4, the latestaddition to the J series of Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lenses that propose new forms of imaging expression.
The Nikon 1 J4 is a model with which performance with tracking of moving subjects that exceeds that of digital SLR cameras, and advanced shooting functions with excellent image quality that makes full-scale photography possible, have been incorporated in a compact and lightweight body.
It offers 105 focus points with phase-detection AF and 171 focus points with contrast-detect AF. 105 densely packed focus points positioned over a broad range of the frame ensure precise acquisition of moving subjects. The NIKON 1 J4 supports high-speed continuous shooting at the world's fastest* continuous shooting rate of approximately 20 fps with AF tracking, and up to 60 fps when focus is locked. Ultra high-speed AF capable of capturing the perfect moment, ultra high-speed continuous shooting, and Best Moment Capture mode useful when it is difficult to gauge the best time to press the shutter-release button enable optimal response for capturing subject movement or fleeting expressions.
Equipped with 18.4-million pixels, a super high-speed AF CMOS sensor with no low-pass filter, and the latest EXPEED 4A image-processing engine, the NIKON 1 J4 offers superior image quality.
It is also equipped with a number of advanced features that allow users to easily capture images as intended. Among these are a TFT LCD touch screen that enables intuitive operation, built-in Wi-Fi for simple transfer and sharing of high-quality images, and a variety of functions for recording 1920 x 1080/60p full-HD movies, including Fast Motion, Jump Cut, and 4-second Movie.
What's more, two new dedicated Nikon 1 accessories will also be released at the same time as the NIKON 1 J4: the WP-N3 Waterproof Case, and the full-scale Underwater SB-N10 Speedlight that allows users to fully enjoy the new values of the Nikon 1 system with underwater photography. NIKON 1 J4 Primary Features
- Moving-subject tracking performance superior to that of digital SLR cameras
- Equipped with 18.4-million pixels, a super high-speed AF CMOS sensor with no low-pass filter, and the latest EXPEED 4A image-processing engine for superior image quality
- Intuitive and practical operation
- Advanced movie-recording functions
- A square design that reflects the minimalistic concept behind Nikon 1 cameras
WP-N3 Waterproof Case Primary Features
- Waterproof to a depth of 45 m (147 ft.), the WP-N3 plays an active role in underwater activities such as diving
- Designed for a compact size and a firm grip
- Supports zoom operations
- When used with the Underwater Speedlight SB-N10, underwater flash photography is possible
- The flash can be turned on or off according to the scene
- Shutter lever and movie-record button positioned close together for smooth selection of, or switching between, recording methods
SB-N10 Underwater Speedlight Primary Features
- High flash output with a guide number of 28/92 at full power (ISO 100, m/ft.)
- Waterproof to a depth of 100 m (328 ft.)
- TTL and manual flash control are possible
- Supports a number of accessories, including the Underwater Bracket SK-N10A*, which can be used to mount the SB-N10 on a waterproof case, the Underwater Wide-Flash Adapter SW-N10A (supplied), which expands the angle of illumination when attached to the SB-N10, the Underwater Fiber-Optic Cable SC-N10A*, which transmits light from the camera's built-in flash to the SB-N10, and the Underwater Fiber-Optic Cable Adapter SR-N10A*, which is used to connect the underwater fiber-optic cable to the head of the flash built into the Nikon 1 AW1