From Tamron: Innovative all-in-onezoom integrates state-of-the-art optical design, PZD (Piezo Drive) and Tamron’s exclusive VC (Vibration Compensation) system to achieve superb image quality in a remarkably compact, lightweight package. February 6, 2014, Saitama, Japan
- Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Morio Ono), a leading manufacturer of precision optics, has announced the development of 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD (Model A010), an advanced new all-in-one zoom lens for full-frame DSLR cameras. The lens sample will be on display at the Tamron booth at the CP+ 2014, which will be held from February 13 to 16 in Yokohama, Japan.
Since the launch in 1992 of the 28-200mm (Model 71D) high-power zoom lens – which featured a revolutionary compact, lightweight design – Tamron has been continually expanding its portfolio of world class optics to benefit consumers.
Having revolutionized the optical design of the previous 28-300mm (Model A20), Tamron is developing a powerful new, high-power zoom lens for full-frame DSLR cameras that enhances image quality and incorporates the PZD (Piezo Drive)—a standing-wave ultrasonic motor system optimized for swift, quiet AF—and the acclaimed VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism in an amazingly compact configuration.
Featuring a new, sophisticated external finish, this lens complements the performance and style of full-frame DSLRs, while delivering the practical advantages of an all-in-onezoom lens. Product Highlights
- State-of-the-art optical design technology delivers superior image quality
- The advanced optical construction of this lens includes four elements of LD (Low Dispersion) glass, three Molded-Glass Aspherical elements, one Hybrid Aspherical element, one XR (Extra Refractive index) glass element, and one element of UXR (Ultra-Extra Refractive Index) glass, which has greater refractive index than XR. The full use of specialized glass elements in its design contributes to making this outstanding lens as compact and lightweight as possible, while minimizing aberrations, resulting in superior image quality. Particularly impressive is the thorough compensation of chromatic aberrations at the telephoto end, yielding images of enhanced clarity and crispness.
- Focus on portability - The lens is now even smaller and lighter
- In addition to state-of-the-art optical design that facilitates downsizing of the lens body, the mechanical design, which incorporates a highly sophisticated multi-stack-cam layout that takes up far less space, and PZD (Piezo Drive), an autofocus drive system with a simpler, more compact structure, has made it possible to reduce the overall dimensions of this lens compared to the existing Tamron 28-300mm (Model A20). These technologies are the fruit of Tamron’s more than 20 years of research and development in the high-power zoom lens field.
- Advanced anti-reflection coating
- The application of BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coatings for suppressing reflections on lens element surfaces minimizes unwanted flare and ghosting to deliver sharp, crisp, high-contrast images.
- Upgraded cosmetic design – Elegant tungsten silver brand ring
- Tamron has upgraded the cosmetic design and finish of this lens to create a more sophisticated, high-end look in keeping with the demands of discerning full-frame DSLR users. Employing a sophisticated linear pattern rubber grip on the zoom and focus rings and an elegant tungsten silver name-brand ring, this newly designed model accentuates its visceral presence with understated elegance and class.
- PZD (Piezo Drive) delivers faster, quieter autofocus action
- The PZD (Piezo Drive), a standing-wave ultrasonic motor system, delivers faster, quieter, more precise action when the autofocus is engaged. The full-time manual focus system is easy and intuitive, enabling quick and convenient manual focus at any time.
- VC (Vibration Compensation)
- Tamron’s acclaimed VC (Vibration Compensation)mechanism reduces image blur caused by camera shake to deliver significantly sharper images even when shooting handheld.
- Circular diaphragm facilitates achieving spectacular blur effects
- Using a circular diaphragm, this lens achieves spectacular background blur effects that enable creative use of depth of field.
- Moisture-resistant construction for outdoor shooting
- Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens.
|Angle of View (diagonal)||75°23' - 8° 15'(for full-frame format)|
52°58' - 5° 20'(for APS-C format)
|Lens Construction||19 elements in 15 groups|
|Minimum Focus Distance||0.49m (19.3 in)|
|Max. Magnification Ratio||1:3.5 (at f=300mm: MFD 0.49m)|
|Length||96mm (3.8 in)|
|Weight||540g (19 oz)|
|Diaphragm Blade Number||7 (circular diaphragm)|
|Standard Accessory||Flower-shaped lens hood|
|Compatible Mount||Canon/ Nikon/ Sony|
Release date for the Tamron 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD Lens has not been determined.