From Photoshelter: Industry leaders including the Rolling Stone photo editor and the secretary of the World Press Photo Competition discuss the business of photography, September 26th - 27th. New York, NY – September 17, 2013
– PhotoShelter is thrilled to host six 45-minute Luminance seminars at Photoville NYC September 26 - 27, 2013 in Brooklyn, New York. Photoville is a pop-up photo destination, featuring a mix of exhibitions, lectures, hands-on workshops, night-time projections, food trucks, and more.The full schedule of PhotoShelter's free seminars, plus links to register, can be viewed here: http://bit.ly/luminancephotoville
In the spirit of PhotoShelter’s Luminance 2012 which brought together top creatives, technologists and innovators to explore the intersection of business, technology, culture, and photography, the six Photoville Luminance seminars will showcase topics ranging from iPhoneography to a behind-the-scenes look at shooting for Rolling Stone to guerilla marketing for photographers. Panelists include:
- Renowned conflict and editorial photographer, Ben Lowy
- Rolling Stone Photo Editor, Deborah Dragon
- Award-winning editorial photographer, Peter Yang
- Secretary of the World Press Photo Competition, Stephen Mayes
- International Photo Editor at TIME, Patrick Witty
- Publisher of aCurator.com, Julie Grahame
Speakers with different backgrounds and viewpoints will present on the same panels to provide the audience with a full spectrum of ideas and insights on the business of photography. Interested attendees can register for panels here.
PhotoShelter will also host a Peer Review Happy Hour on Friday, September 27th, from 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm ET at the Photoville Beer Garden. Photographers are encouraged to bring their portfolio, grab a beer, and provide feedback in this informal portfolio review. The first drink is on PhotoShelter and it’s free to attend, but photographers need to register here.