From Nikon: Modifications enabled with this upgrade of firmware, release date June 25, 2013
- When images captured using a flash in Manual or Repeating flash mode were played back with the “Overview” display enabled, flash output level was displayed in the flash compensation portion of the display. This issue has been resolved.
- When the AE/AF lock button was pressed with Special Effects mode enabled, Selective Color selected, and the view magnified with selective color options displayed in live view, the image did not change while live view was active. This issue has been resolved.
- An issue that caused the Viewfinder Virtual Horizon to freeze when certain operations were performed has been resolved.
- When images captured with white balance bracketing enabled were played back, a white balance fine-tuning value of 9 (steps) was displayed even for images captured with a fine-tuning value of 10 (steps) applied. This issue has been resolved.
- An issue that prevented cursor movement when certain operations were performed in calendar playback mode has been resolved.
- The size of some text displayed in calendar playback mode has been modified.
- Display of focal lengths in 35mm  format recorded in image Exif data has been corrected.
- With movie recording at 1920 × 1080/24p in M exposure mode, subject brightness did not change, even when shutter speed was adjusted. This issue has been resolved.
Confirming the firmware version:
- Turn on the D7100
- Press the MENU button and select Firmware Version from the setup menu. The camera's firmware version will be displayed.
- Turn off the D7100
Basic Upgrade instructions:
- Create a new folder with an appropriate name on your computer.
- Choose the correct download below for the computer system you are using, and save the download to the folder created in step 1.
- Run the downloaded file to create the folder titled D7100Update, containing the following file: D7100_0101.bin
- Format an approved memory card in the camera, then remove .
- Copy the D7100_0101.bin file to the top level of the memory card using a memory card reader or similar device, do not copy the file into any folder on the memory card.
- Insert memory card into the cameras memory card slot, and switch on.
- Select Firmware Version from the setup menu and follow the instructions displayed to upgrade the camera's firmware.
- DO NOT switch off the camera at any time during the update, doing so may result in the need for service.
- After the upgrade is complete, trun the camera off and remove the memory card.
- Check the cameras firmware version to be sure it completed.
- Format memory card in camera for use.
* - Firmware updates can be performed for you at authorized Nikon service centers.
Download: Windows | Macintosh
B&H carries the Nikon D7100 DSLR camera.