From Nikon: Capture NX 2.4.3 Full Version
This software is offered to those who have purchased Capture NX 2. When this software is run, it may be necessary to enter the product key again to confirm ownership of a previous version of the software. Modifications enabled in this version
Modifications that apply to both the Windows and Macintosh versions
- Information for lenses used with the Auto Distortion function under Camera & Lens Corrections in the Develop section has been updated.
- When this software is installed on a computer to which ViewNX 2 Ver. 2.2.3 or earlier has been installed, the Picture Control Utility cannot be launched from ViewNX 2. Please upgrade ViewNX 2 to Ver. 2.2.4 or later.
- RAW images saved with Thumbnail only selected for Embed Preview When Saving NEF/NRW in Capture NX 2 Preferences will appear grainy with display in and printing from ViewNX 2.
- If either Capture NX 2 or the Picture Control Utility (one or the other) is launched in 32-bit mode on a Macintosh computer, Capture NX 2 may freeze unexpectedly if Save as a new Custom Picture Control or Load Custom Picture Control Settings is selected from the Manage Picture Control menu in Capture NX 2.
- To use the software in 32-bit mode, be sure that both Capture NX 2 and the Picture Control Utility are running in 32-bit mode.
Download Capture NX 2.4.3: Windows | Macintosh
B&H carries CaptureNX 2.
ViewNX 2.7.6 Full Version
ViewNX 2 is an all-in-one image browsing and editing software application for both still images and movies. Nikon Transfer 2 is incorporated into ViewNX 2 for transferring images to a computer. Smoother collaboration with NIKON IMAGE SPACE, Nikon's image storage and sharing service, has also been achieved.
This is the full version of ViewNX 2.7.6 for Windows and Macintosh computers. If you are currently using ViewNX 2 this download will uninstall your existing version and then install version 2.7.6. This software supports all Nikon D-SLR cameras, Nikon 1, and all COOLPIX cameras with USB support..
Modifications enabled with Ver. 2.7.6
- Information for lenses used with the Auto Distortion function under File & Camera Information in the Metadata palette has been updated.
- The destination for the link when the NIKON IMAGE SPACE website is opened from the NIKON IMAGE SPACE area in the Browser palette has been updated from my Picturetown to NIKON IMAGE SPACE.
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions of ViewNX 2 and Windows Operating System compatibility
The 64-bit version of ViewNX 2 Ver. 2.7.6 can be used with the following operating systems.
- 64-bit versions of Windows 8
- 64-bit versions of Windows 7
- 64-bit versions of Windows Vista
The 32-bit version of ViewNX 2 Ver. 2.7.6 can be used with the following operating systems.
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 8
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista
- 32-bit versions of Windows XP
Only the 32-bit version will run under a 32-bit operating system.
- When transferring files using Nikon Transfer 2:
- Image transfer using Nikon Transfer 2 is not possible with the following cameras. Use a card reader to transfer images to a computer for storage.
- Image transfer using Nikon Transfer 2 with the camera connected to the computer is not possible with the cameras indicated below. Use a card reader to transfer images.
- D1, D1X, D1H
- COOLPIX 990, 950, 880, 800, 700
- Restrictions on Nikon Movie Editor
1. Movies up to 60 minutes in length can be edited with the Windows version; movies up to 30 minutes in length can be edited with the Macintosh version.
2. The following restrictions on the number of movies and still images that can be added to the storyboard apply.
- A project containing up to 10 movies, or a total of 30 movies and still images, can be previewed and exported.
- When a movie a few seconds in length with transition effects applied is added to the storyboard, the movie file may not be properly exported, even if it does not exceed restrictions on the number of movies and still images.
- A project containing 4 H.264 (1920 × 1080) movies and 2 still images can be previewed and exported. However, when H.264 movies recorded at 720p and lower are used, the number of movie files and still images that can be used in a project increases.
- In addition, when only Motion JPEG (1080p) movies are used, a project containing up to 30 movies can be previewed and exported.
3. Movies recorded at a setting of 1080/60i are handled as 1080/30p movies.
- NRW (RAW) images
When images captured at a white balance setting of Auto and an image quality setting of NRW (RAW) are enhanced using ViewNX 2, the results achieved may differ from those achieved with in-camera NRW (RAW) processing.
- Ratings applied with a COOLPIX camera
Ratings applied with a COOLPIX camera in playback mode are not reflected in ViewNX 2 or other applications that support ratings.
- H.264 movie playback under Macintosh
Colours will appear lighter in movies played back on a computer running Macintosh.
- Display of MPO-format images shot in 3D
MPO-format images shot in 3D can only be viewed with a viewer that supports 3D images.
- COOLPIX S550, S560, L20 and L19 Smile mode
Scene mode information is not correctly displayed in the Metadata palette for images captured in Smile mode. However, all other operations function properly.
- Capture NX 2
- When this software is installed on a computer to which Capture NX 2 Ver. 2.2.8 or earlier has been installed, the Picture Control Utility will be replaced with a version not supported by Capture NX 2, making it impossible to launch the Picture Control Utility from Capture NX 2. Please upgrade Capture NX 2 to Ver. 2.3.0 or later.
- RAW images saved with Thumbnail only selected for Embed Preview When Saving NEF/NRW in Capture NX 2 Ver. 2.3.0 or later Preferences will appear grainy with display in and printing from ViewNX 2.
- Capture NX
When this software is installed on a computer to which Capture NX has been installed, the Picture Control Utility will be replaced with a version not supported by Capture NX, making it impossible to launch the Picture Control Utility from Capture NX.
- Windows version of QuickTime Ver. 7.7 (32-bit version of ViewNX 2 only)
In some rare cases, depending upon the system to which QuickTime Ver. 7.7 is installed, the following features may not function.
- The Convert Motion Snapshot to Movie item in the File menu
- Uploading of Motion Snapshot files to a Web service other than NIKON IMAGE SPACE using the Web Service item in the File menu
- Macintosh version’s Synchronize camera date and time to computer when camera is connected (supported cameras only)
Camera date and time will not be synchronized with the computer’s, even when Synchronize camera date and time to computer when camera is connected (supported cameras only) in the Nikon Transfer 2 Preferences panel is checked, when Calendar is set to any option other than Gregorian in the Language & Text>Formats panel of the computer’s System Preferences.
Download ViewNX 2.7.6: Windows 32bit | Windows 64bit | Macintosh