The new Canon EOS 1D X firmware update version 1.1.1
(leaked earlier today), is now available for download
. Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- Enables the center AF point to autofocus when the camera is used with lens/extender combinations whose combined maximum aperture is f/8 (f/5.6 without the firmware update).
* Please see the "Lenses and Usable AF points" section of the revised instruction manual for more details on the lens & camera combinations.
- Displays the viewfinder information (such as the AF frames, grid, etc.) in red during autofocusing in AI Servo AF.
* When shooting in dark environments during AI Servo AF, the AF points can be easily confirmed.
* During AI Servo AF, the viewfinder will be lit intermittently, not continuously.
- Corrects a phenomenon in which the metering value of the AE sensor becomes incorrect and the captured images become pitch-black depending on the timing of lens attachment and/or detachment.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which Err 70 may occur during AEB shooting.
- Corrects errors in the Arabic menu.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the firmware of the lenses cannot be updated normally.
Wisely being asked over on the Facebook page is: Will the Canon EOS 5D Mark III, with essentially the same AF system, also get these features in a firmware update?
Again, B&H, Adorama and Amazon have the EOS 1D X in stock.