Phase One Press Release: Improves performance of leading professional photographer’s digital visual assets manager
COPENHAGEN, October 25, 2011 — Phase One, the photographic image-quality leader today released Media Pro 1.1. Media Pro is a professional digital visual assets manager that supports rapid browsing, cataloging, searching, annotating, retrieval and sharing no matter where digital files are stored (such as shared folders, CDs, hard drives, DVDs or on other media). This new release features German and French localization and significant performance improvements.
Media Pro supports photo and video files from more than 100 different cameras and is well suited to managing large photo libraries. Images within Media Pro catalogs (more than 128,000 files may be saved per catalog) may be non-destructively edited with Capture One and with other image editing applications. Assets may also be converted into other file formats as required, and all catalogs may be archived, backed up, published via slide shows, web galleries, and distributed via email, contact sheets, prints, and other custom options. What’s new in Media Pro 1.1
-- Faster importing and media rendering
Now Media Pro customers can choose between Capture One rendering and Apple/WIC rendering according to image quality requirements, rendering of Capture One adjustments and speed. For new customers, the factory default is set to Apple/WIC rendering. For best image quality and rendering of Capture One adjustments, the Capture One renderer is recommended.
-- Improved Capture One Integration with Media Pro
Used together, Phase One’s Capture One Pro for image editing and Media Pro for photo management, these programs comprise an optimal photography software toolset for photographers who need to manage very large, high quality image files and collections in a fast and efficient workflow.
Now Media Pro keeps Capture One adjustments when renaming and transferring files to other folders in Media Pro; and users can drop files onto the Media Pro application icon to have those rebuilt, selected and revealed in the front catalog;
-- Added support for the following camera RAW formats when using the Capture One renderer:
Olympus E-P3 and E-PL3
Sony NEX-7, NEX-5N, SLT-A77, SLT-A65 (all preliminary)
Sony DSLR-A580, NEX-C3
Panasonic DMC-G3, DMC-F3 Bugfixes on Mac
• Fixed a bug that could cause rebuilding or the importer to hang.
• Fixed some issues where missing items in the catalog could halt the thumbnail and
• preview generation.
• Fixed an issue preventing some RAW image formats from being imported.
• Fixed an issue causing panning in Media View to break after using the Light Table.
• Fixed a saving issue related to large catalogs.
• Fixed a launching issue related to QuickLook.
• Fixed some UI glitches with the Recent Catalogs menu, Custom Fields and the Organize panel.
• Made it possible to delete files on volumes with no trash e.g. servers.
• Made rebuilding items preserve existing orientation.
• CSS files are now accepted in catalogs.
• Fixed a number of issues relating to Notes files (.ivn) Bugfixes on Windows
• Fixed an issue causing a license server connection error to appear whenever launching without being connected to the internet.
• Fixed an issue causing panning in Media View to break after using the Light Table. Fixed a saving issue related to large catalogs.
• Fixed some color management issues.
• Added warning if about to overwrite existing Web Contact Sheet.
• Fixed an issue where make and model metadata would be lost for converted images.
• Fixed broken preset saving functionality for Convert Image, Sound and Movie Files.
• Made the cursor automatically move to the next field when entering license keys.
• Fixed an issue that would make Custom Fields clear unintentionally.
• Made it possible to save new Media Pro catalog in the same location as an existing Expression Media 2 catalog.
• Made rebuilding items preserve existing orientation. In addition a number of minor bugs have been fixed on Mac and Windows Availability and Pricing
Media Pro is available now via download for 199 USD and 139 EUR through Phase One’s Online Store and through leading professional photography dealers worldwide.
Media Pro 1.1 is available as a free upgrade to existing Media Pro customers. B&H
carries Media Pro