The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the new Sigma APO 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM.
This new lens incorporates Sigma’s proprietary Optical Stabilizer system, and offers high image quality. In addition, this lens features splash proof design for use in harsh conditions. One SLD and two FLD glass elements are used for maximum correction of chromatic aberrations. The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting, and the lens design incorporates an inner focusing and inner zooming system to ensure sharp images throughout the entire zoom range. Improved optical performance provides excellent correction of sagittal coma flare, and ensures ultra-high resolution, comparable to a fixed focal length lens. The OS (Optical Stabilizer) system offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible. This system enables hand held tele-photography. Incorporation of HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensures quiet and high speed autofocus, while allowing full-time manual focus override. The rounded 9 blade diaphragm creates an attractive blur to the out of focus areas of the image. The addition of Sigma’s APO TELE CONVERTER produces an ultra telephoto zoom lens with AF.
Case, Bayonet type Hood (LH1128-01), Tripod socket TS-31 supplied.
Specifications For Sigma mount
* Lens Construction: 23 Elements in 18 Groups
* Angle of View: 20.4- 8.2 degrees
* Number of blades: 9 pcs (Rounded diaphragm)
* Minimum Aperture: F22
* Minimum Focusing Distance: 150-250cm / 59.1-98.4in.
* Maximum Magnification: 1:8.1 (at 200mm focal length)
* Lens Hood: Bayonet Type (LH1128-01) supplied
* Filter Size: Diameter 105mm
* Dimensions:Diameter 114.4mm, Length 289.2mm / 4.5in.x11.4in.
* Weight: TBD
* Nikon mounts do not have an aperture ring. Some functions may not work depending on the camera model.
* For Nikon and Canon mounts, Optical Stabilizer (OS) function will not work with film SLR cameras except Nikon F6 and Canon EOS-1V.
* FLD glass is the highest level low dispersion glass available with extremely high light transmission. This optical glass has a performance equal to fluorite glass which has a low refractive index and low dispersion compared to current optical glass. It also benefits from high anomalous dispersion. These characteristics give excellent correction for residual chromatic aberration (secondary spectrum) which cannot be corrected by ordinary optical glass and ensures high definition and high contrast images.
UPC Codes: SIGMA :00-85126-136567 CANON :00-85126-136543 NIKON :00-85126-136550
SIGMA DG UV 105 mm 00-85126-92379-2
SIGMA DG CIRCULAR PL 105 mm 00-85126-92390-7
LENS HOOD LH1128-01 (Supplied) 00-85126-92790-5
Tripot Socket TS-31 (Supplied) 00-85126-91841-5
APO TELE CONVERTER 1.4x EX DG: SIGMA:00-85126-82440-2 CANON:00-85126-82427-3 NIKON:00-85126-82455-6
APO TELE CONVERTER 2x EX DG: SIGMA:00-85126-87640-1 CANON:00-85126-87627-2 NIKON:00-85126-87655-5
Back to the Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM Lens Review
ACDSee News Adobe News Apple News Arca Swiss News Datacolor News Delkin News DxO News ExpoImaging News Gitzo News Hoya News Kingston News Kirk Enterprises News Lastolite News Lensbaby News Lexar News Manfrotto News Metz News Microsoft News Lowepro News Phase One News Photogenic News PhotoShelter News PocketWizard News Redrock Micro News Rode News Samyang News SanDisk News Schneider Kreuznach News Sigma News Tamron News Tenba News Think Tank Photo News THK Photo Products News Tokina News X-Rite News Zeiss News
Canon DSLR Camera Review News
Canon Lens Review News
Nikon Lens Review News
Sigma Lens Review News
Tamron Lens Review News
Tokina Lens Review News
Zeiss Lens Review News
Canon Flash Review News
Photography Accessory Review News
Canon Camera Accessory Review News
Camera Case and Backpack Review News
Deals & Shopping News
Photography Deals (No Photography Deals)
Canon Deals Nikon Deals Sigma Deals Tamron Deals Tokina Deals Memory Card Deals Adobe Deals Lowepro Deals Think Tank Photo Deals
In Stock Notices Canon Preorders Nikon Preorders
Canon Refurbished Cameras and Lenses
Nikon Refurbished Cameras and Lenses
Canon Camera and Lens Rebates
Nikon Camera and Lens Rebates
Tamron Lens Rebates
Canon Firmware Updates
Canon Service Notices
Canon Owners Manuals
Canon Financial Results
Canon Professional Services CPS
Canon Cinema EOS
Canon USA News
Canon Canada News
Canon UK News
Canon AU News
Canon Digital Photo Professional