The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the SIGMA 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM. This 11.1x high zoom ratio lens is designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras, incorporates Sigma’s original OS (Optical Stabilizer) function and offers a broad shooting range from wide angle to telephoto.
The SIGMA 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM is the successor to the SIGMA 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS/ HSM which was launched in June 2007. The lens is ideal for travel photography with a compact construction and length of just 87.7mm. This lens features FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements, which have the performance equal to fluorite glass, and SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements providing excellent correction of color aberration. Aspherical lenses give excellent correction for all types of aberration and distortion. The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting, ensuring high quality images throughout the entire zoom range. Sigma’s OS (Optical Stabilizer) system offers effective correction of approximately 4 stops, enabling easy handheld photography. HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensures quiet, high-speed auto focus and the inner focus system eliminates front lens rotation, making the lens particularly suitable for using the supplied petal-type lens hood and circular polarizing filters. The rounded 7 blade diaphragm creates an attractive blur to the out of focus areas of images.
* Sony and Pentax mounts do not incorporate Optical Stabilization.
Petal-Type Hood (LH680-01) supplied
Specifications (For Sigma mount)
*Lens Construction:18 Elements in 14 Groups
*Angle of View (for SD1):76.5-8.1 degrees
*Number of blades:7 Blades (Rounded Diaphragm)
*Minimum Aperture (Wide):F22
*Minimum Focusing Distance:45cm/17.7in.
*Dimensions:Diameter 75.3mm×Length 87.7mm / 3.0in.×3.5in.
Barcode No. SIGMA:00-85126-88256-3 SONY:00-85126-88262-4 NIKON:00-85126-88255-6 PENTAX:00-85126-88261-7 CANON:00-85126-88254-9
* FLD glass is the highest level low dispersion glass available with extremely high light transmission. The optical glass has a performance equal to fluorite glass which has a low refractive index and low dispersion compared to current optical glass. It also benefits from high anomalous dispersion. These characteristics give excellent correction for residual chromatic aberration (secondary spectrum) which cannot be corrected by ordinary optical glass and ensures high definition and high contrast images.
* Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with image sensor larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR, and APS Film SLR cameras.
* For Pentax mount, auto focus will not be available on Pentax ist* series and K100D.
* The appearance and specification are subject to change without notice.
ACDSee News Adobe News Apple News Arca Swiss News Datacolor News Delkin News DxO News ExpoImaging News Gitzo News Hoya News Kingston News Kirk Enterprises News Lastolite News Lensbaby News Lexar News Manfrotto News Metz News Microsoft News Lowepro News Phase One News Photogenic News PhotoShelter News PocketWizard News Redrock Micro News Rode News Samyang News SanDisk News Schneider Kreuznach News Sigma News Tamron News Tenba News Think Tank Photo News THK Photo Products News Tokina News X-Rite News Zeiss News
Canon DSLR Camera Review News
Canon Lens Review News
Nikon Lens Review News
Sigma Lens Review News
Tamron Lens Review News
Tokina Lens Review News
Zeiss Lens Review News
Canon Flash Review News
Photography Accessory Review News
Canon Camera Accessory Review News
Camera Case and Backpack Review News
Deals & Shopping News
Photography Deals (No Photography Deals)
Canon Deals Nikon Deals Sigma Deals Tamron Deals Tokina Deals Memory Card Deals Adobe Deals Lowepro Deals Think Tank Photo Deals
In Stock Notices Canon Preorders Nikon Preorders
Canon Refurbished Cameras and Lenses
Nikon Refurbished Cameras and Lenses
Canon Camera and Lens Rebates
Nikon Camera and Lens Rebates
Tamron Lens Rebates
Canon Firmware Updates
Canon Service Notices
Canon Owners Manuals
Canon Financial Results
Canon Professional Services CPS
Canon Cinema EOS
Canon USA News
Canon Canada News
Canon UK News
Canon AU News
Canon Digital Photo Professional