Lensbaby Announces New Step-Up/Shade
New accessory to the Lensbaby™ line of products allows for use of popular sized filters with all Lensbaby lenses
Portland, OR (October 22, 2009) – Lensbaby announces the addition of the new Step-Up/Shade, a combination 37mm to 52mm step-up ring/lens shade, to the Lensbaby Creative Effects SLR lens system which includes Single Lens-Reflex (SLR) lenses, interchangeable optics, and accessories. On sale now, this small and lightweight step-up ring, featuring 52mm threads on the front, also serves as a convenient lens shade, providing good light and flare blockage.
Because the front of the Lensbaby Step-Up/Shade features 52mm threads, photographers now will be able to use any of their 52mm filters on all Lensbaby lenses. Standard step-up rings do not provide the added benefit of the lens shade functionality and cannot be used with the Lensbaby Composer.
“Now for the first time, Lensbaby users will be able to incorporate their favorite 52mm filters into their creative Lensbaby photography projects,” said Craig Strong, Lensbaby president and co-founder. “And with 52mm filters being one of the most common and popular sizes available, the creative possibilities are endless. Let the fun begin.”
The Step-Up/Shade Accessory, when used on a Lensbaby optic, provides excellent lens hood functionality due to the degree to which the Lensbaby optic is recessed into the lens body (much more than a typical interchangeable lens).
Lensbaby Step-Up/Shade Specs
• Rear is 37mm threaded to attach to all Lensbaby lenses and optics
• Front is 52mm threaded to attach 52mm filters
• Measures 1.44 inches (3.66cm) from the front edge of the hood to the surface of optic, providing significant protection from flare
• Internal grooves trap stray light to help minimize lens flare
• Compatible with all Lensbaby lenses and optics
• Specially designed to work with the Lensbaby Composer’s focus ring and recessed optics – third party step-up rings are too wide to fit into the Composer, preventing the focus ring from rotating fully
• MSRP is $24.95
Lensbaby is a Portland, Oregon based manufacturer of award-winning Creative Effects SLR camera lenses. Lensbaby was launched in February 2004 by Craig Strong, a professional photographer and the inventor of the patented Lensbaby Creative Effects SLR lens system. Lensbaby sells to photographers all over the world through its website, www.lensbaby.com, by calling 877-536-7222 / 971-223-5662, at tradeshows, in leading photo retailers and through a growing global network of international distributors. The new Fisheye and Soft Focus Optics are available for immediate purchase from Lensbaby.com or from the following retailers: