Sony has made Sony Alpha a7 III firmware update version 4.01 available for
Firmware Version 4.01 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
- Added FTP transfer function
- FTP transfer is now possible when shooting still images or playing back images.
- Addition of various transfer methods
- Transfer images at once by specifying conditions to be transferred such as protected images and untransferred images [FTP transfer]
- By assigning a function to a custom key, you can immediately transfer the selected image during playback [FTP transfer (one sheet)]
- Automatically transfer all captured images [Automatic transfer at the time of shooting]
- Added a setting to transfer both RAW and JPEG files when shooting RAW + JPEG.
- Improvement of FTP server settings
- Increase in the number of FTP servers that can be registered in the camera (3 - 9)
- The transfer destination folder structure on the FTP server can be changed flexibly.
--Change to a folder structure that puts images directly under the specified folder-
Memory card slot number can be registered in the
folder structure-Can be transferred to the server side with the same folder structure as the camera
- Improved operability of FTP transfer
- [Server settings] items can be set from the smartphone app (Transfer & Tagging add-on) *
* Download may not be possible depending on the country or region.
- Improved operational stability