Canon has made Canon EOS R6
firmware update version 1.1.1 available for
Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
- A messaging is displayed when [HDMI display: Camera+External monitor] and [Overheat control: on] settings are both enabled.
- When the RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM is attached, an image stabilization effect of approximately six stops* is achieved through collaborative control with the in-lens image stabilization.
*Focal length 500mm, Based on CIPA(Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the IS capabilities may be degraded when performing continuous shooting in cases where the RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM lens is attached to the EOS R6 running firmware version 1.1.0.
- When using certain RF lenses for movie shooting, the in-lens image stabilization mechanism has been improved.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the "Slow Synchro" setting screen is not accurately displayed, when the language is set to English.
- Fixes a typo displayed on the communication setting screen, when the language is set to Korean.
- Connectivity during FTP transmission has been improved.
- Temperature detection and shooting time control in video shooting have been improved. In addition, the total shooting time when the short-time recording and power-on/off are performed repeatedly at room temperature is improved.
- The phenomenon in which the movie recording time available is not correctly displayed when the Date/Time/Zone is not set has been corrected.
B&H has the
Canon EOS R6 with lens kits in stock and the body-only version available for order.