Nikon has released its 2019 financial results for the fiscal year ending today, May 9, 2019.
The presentation material shows that Nikon's Imaging Business revenue suffered a 17.9% decline year-over-year.
Other notes from the Imaging Business section of the presentation material:
Revenue: ¥64.6B down YoY
Operating Profit: ¥8.2B down YoY
- ASP was buoyed by new product launch including full-frame ML cameras
- The sales volume and revenue of fullframe cameras grew two years in a row
- The sales of interchangeable lens type cameras and interchangeable lenses did not reach the plan in the continuing severe condition in Q4: ¥8.9B short of the forecast
Financial Results and Presentation Material
- OP for FY18/3 and FY19/3 was ¥36.0B and ¥22.6B, respectively, if excluding restructuring relevant expenses
- Revenue/profit reduction and the initial development cost increase pushed down the OP by ¥3.0B from the forecast