From Sony Asia:
Thank you for using Sony products.
It has come to our attention that the following issues may occur with our a7R III and a7 III interchangeable lens digital cameras.
- In rare cases, your a7R III or a7 III model may stop functioning while writing RAW data onto an SD card that has already been used multiple times.
- With the a7R III, taking a picture while using the Auto Review function, may occasionally cause the camera to stop responding.
- This may also cause abnormalities in the files managing the images, preventing the images from displaying on the camera
- No image data in the memory card will be corrupted or deleted aside from data that was being written at the time the interruption occurred
- If images no longer display on the camera, follow the steps below to use "Recover Image DB" feature:
- Select MENU -->(Setup) --> [Recover Image DB] --> desired memory card slot --> [Enter]
- Then, when taking a picture, back up the data on a PC or other device, and format the memory card on your camera.
We will provide an update to the system software addressing to the above issues in mid-December. Until then, please take the following precautions:
While we are preparing to provide new system software, we will no longer offer updates to the current system software.
- Before taking any pictures, format the memory cards in both slots on the camera, or use a new memory card.
- Ensure the Auto Review function is off when taking pictures.
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused while using the affected products and thank you for your understanding.