August 27, 2018 – New York, New York
– Rokinon has announced its new Digital Photo 85mm F1.8 Compact Prime Lens, the 7th in its compact lens series. The new 85mm is sized and optically designed specifically for mirrorless cameras to deliver high resolution performance from the center of the image to its corners. It is a high speed telephoto lens that delivers equivalent focal lengths of approximately 128mm with APS-C Sony E and Fuji X cameras, 136mm with Canon M cameras, and 170mm with Micro 4/3 cameras.
Optically, the Rokinon 85mm F1.8 is constructed of 9 elements in 7 groups and features a High-Refractive Index element and an Extra-low Dispersion element. Additionally, it uses UMC ultra multi-coating to help minimize chromatic aberrations and unnecessary light dispersion. Intuitive, damped and precise manual focus control combine with its fast 1.8 aperture and rounded 9 blade diaphragm for exceptional low light, bokeh and selective focus capabilities.
The compact and light-weight design of this fast telephoto offers excellent portability and comfort that is perfect for travel, candid, portraits, and close up photography with mirrorless cameras. Additional features include a non-rotating 62mm filter mount, a reversible for storage lens hood and a soft pouch case.
- Coverage: APS-C/Four-Thirds
- Optical Construction:
- 9 Glass elements in 7 Groups
- Aperture Range: F1.8-22
- Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Coating: Ultra Multi-Coating
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 2.13ft (0.65m)
- Filter Size: 62mm
- Lens Hood: Removable
- Maximum Diameter: 2.66” (67.5mm)
The new Rokinon Digital Photo 85mm F1.8 compact prime lens is expected to be available in September with a street price of only $399.00.
has the Rokinon 85mm f/1.8 Lens
available for preorder.