Canon Japan has instituted a flat rate repair service fee for consumer grade DSLRs (Rebel-series), EOS M cameras and EF-S / EF-M lenses.
We can't help but wonder if some of the other regional Canon branches will offer a similar repair program in the near future.
From Canon Japan
Thank you very much for your patronage of Canon products.
From September 20, 2017 (Wednesday), we will introduce a uniform repair fee for some products of single lens reflex camera, mirrorless camera and interchangeable lens.
Equal repair fee includes technical fee for repair and part cost (excluding expendable items / accessories) necessary for repairing the defective part, and repair is carried out at a fixed fee provided for each model regardless of the content of the failure I will.
Application Start Date
- Digital single lens reflex camera entry model EOS Kiss series / EOS xxxxD series
- Mirrorless camera EOS M series
- Interchangeable lens for single lens reflex camera EF-S series
- Interchangeable lens for mirrorless camera EF-M series
- From Wednesday 20th September 2017 (Wed)
* Only when we apply for repair directly to our company.
** For uniform repair fee, please refer to "Repair service agreement subject to carry-in repair
*** In case of breakdown due to severe drop · shock · flood · sand damage, the uniform repair fee will not be applied and will be quoted separately at the estimated price.
Uniform Repair Price List
|EOS Kiss / xxxxD / EOS M Camera||23,760 yen|
|EF-S / EF-M Lens||19,440 or 23,760 yen,|
depending on model
At the current exchange rate, 23,760 yen = 218.66 USD. [Sean]