From Breakthrough Photography:
New Depolarizing Filter from Breakthrough Photography Enhances Glare for Artistic Imagery
April 1, 2017 – San Francisco, CA
– To expand the creative possibilities of today's photography professionals, Breakthrough Photography is proud to introduce the world's first depolarization filter, the X4 with variable Glare Enhancing Technology (GET). Based on the company's ultra high quality circular polarizer filters, the X4 Depolarizer includes existing Breakthrough Photography brand technologies such as SCHOTT B270 optical glass, MRC16, and nanotec nano coatings paired with an all new titanium-brass alloy knurled frame for the ultimate in handling, durability, corrosion resistence and jam prevention.
Glare Enhancing Technology
For the first time ever, photographers now have the ability to increase visible glare for the ultimate in creative expression. Through the use of triple laminated SCHOTT glass elements with split prism microparticle film, Breakthrough Photography's patented Glare Enhancing Technology allows photographers to not only increase existing visible glare in a scene, but select the precise amount of additional glare desired.
“We took all that we learned from the success of the X4 ND and CPL filters and made it our mission to bring something unique to the market. At the core of the X4 Depolarizer lies our internally developed patent-pending, American-made microparticle film, specially designed to refract unpolarized light through each layer to augment glare. And we’ve even designed the X4 Depolarizer to meet the needs of professional cinematographers, too, who want to bring a unique look to their film projects.” said founder and photographer Graham Clark.
“We’re really excited to bring the X4 Depolarizer to the photography community on Kickstarter first. We’ll be offering a one-time launch sale price of up to $50 off, in limited quantities,” says Clark. “If this Kickstarter campaign proves successful, the X4 Depolarizer will be available for purchase on Amazon Prime, B&H and Adorama directly following the Kickstarter campaign.”
X4 Depolarizer Key Features
X4 Depolarizer Size & Retail Pricing:
- Critically sharp SCHOTT B270 Optical Glass
- American-made Split Prism Microparticle Film
- Nanotec Nano Coating layers repels elements
- Rugged, Ultra-slim, Weather-sealed Titanium-Brass Alloy Traction Frame
- 25 Year Support
- 39mm, 46mm, 49mm, 52mm, 58mm, 62mm for $149
- 67mm and 72mm for $159
- 77mm for $169
- 82mm for $179
- 95mm for $209
- 105mm for $229
You can order the BreakThrough Photography X4 Depolarizer via Kickstarter