From Lowepro: Three Shoulder Bags and Small Backpack Added to Six-Piece Series for Mission-Critical Access to Compact Gear Petaluma, Calif. – September 22, 2015
– Lowepro, the leading maker of photography carrying solutions, today launched four new models designed for compact camera setups – three shoulder bags and one backpack – as part of its award-winning ProTactic series. The urban-inspired, six-piece collection offers high performance and mission-critical access to professional photographers and enthusiasts who need a bag that delivers on all fronts: accessibility, versatility, comfort and organization.
“We received tremendous, positive feedback on our ProTactic series when it first launched a year ago,” said Tim Grimmer, vice president of brand and product at Lowepro. “Our design team couldn’t wait to expand the series to mirrorless kits as well as professional DSLRs, creating trustworthy bags as powerful as the compact gear carried by journalists, street photographers and enthusiasts.”
The first generation of the ProTactic series launched last year with the 350 AW and 450 AW. The expanded line now includes:
- ProTactic SH 120 AW – A small but robust shoulder bag with room for a mirrorless kit, such as the Olympus OM-D E-M1, with attached lens, extra lens or flash, smartphone and personal essentials.
- ProTactic SH 180 AW – A mid-sized shoulder bag that fits a standard DSLR, such as the Nikon D750, with a 24-70mm lens attached, one to two extra lenses, a tablet, smartphone and small personal items.
- ProTactic SH 200 AW – A modern, photojournalist-style shoulder bag designed to fit a professional DSLR with a classic 70-200mm lens kit, two to three extra lenses or speedlights, up to a 13-inch laptop and tablet, smartphone, and accessories.
- ProTactic BP 250 AW – A scaled-down pack that protects a complete mirrorless kit with a 12-40mm lens attached, space for three to four extra lenses or flashes, an 11-inch MacBook Air, smartphone and accessories.
ProTactic shoulder bags include cinch straps and zippered accessory pouches to expand the amount of gear as needed, SlipLock attachments and built-in memory card pockets. The SH 180 AW and SH 200 AW include a water-resistant top-zip opening as well for fast access to gear.
The new ProTactic BP 250 AW offers multiple modular accessories and cinch straps; back-entry access for easy setup and extra security; a convenient, turret-style top opening; two fast-access side pockets; and Lowepro’s ActivZone harness for targeted comfort and support.
The ProTactic line expansion also includes the photographer-friendly features of the first-generation packs, such as the patent-pending MaxFit system of padded and fully adjustable dividers for fine-tuning gear fit; a multiple-strap build for easily adding capacity; and a patented, built-in All Weather AW Cover to protect gear from the elements.
The ProTactic SH 120 AW
(US MSRP $99.95), ProTactic SH 180 AW
(US MSRP $129.95), ProTactic SH 200 AW
(US MSRP $169.95) and ProTactic BP 250 AW
(US MSRP $189.95) are available at select retailers.