SAN JOSE, Calif.
– Adobe (NASDAQ:ADBE) today launched Slate, a new free iPad app that makes it easier than ever to turn words and images into a story that can be published as beautifully laid-out Web content, in minutes. Bringing Adobe’s unrivaled creative software expertise--across digital imagery, page-layout, typography, and Web design--to a mass audience, Slate is made for anyone who wants to communicate with impact. Students, teachers, non-profit organizations, small business owners or corporate communicators can now turn their next report, newsletter or travel adventure into a document that captures attention. Through professionally designed magazine-style layouts with elegant fonts, beautiful colors and eye-catching motion, Slate content automatically adapts to any device for a high-impact reading experience on tablets, smartphones or computers. Slate creations are links that can be shared easily via text message, email, embedded in websites, or posted on social media channels.
Adobe Slate builds on the success of Adobe Voice, an app for creating animated videos that was named one of the Apple App Store’s Best New Apps of 2014. Like Voice, Slate features a collection of themes that set the tone for any story – with a single tap. The interface makes it simple to add text, choose the right photo layout and apply carefully curated looks and motion. Leveraging an advanced Adobe animation engine, Adobe Slate makes words and images move with automatically applied scrolling transitions, making it a much more engaging and exciting read. Key features include:
- Stunning professionally designed themes allow users to simply tap to select from multiple font combinations, fun colors and motion to ensure stories stand out from the crowd.
- Arresting photo layouts and covers deliver options that help photos pop, making them the highlight of the story, including grid or window view. Users can also add a caption overlay on images, ensuring photos are more integral to the narrative.
- Adaptable design that looks great on any device, ranging from a phone to large desktop monitor.
- Call-to-Action buttons link to online sites and other relevant information to encourage readers to take action, like: “Donate Now”, “Volunteer” or “Learn More”.
- Sharing options automatically publish the finished content and help spread the word via a simple Web link that can be easily posted to social channels, sent via text message, email or embedded in personal blogs and websites. Readers can easily view the content in their PC, tablet or mobile phone browser.
Paul Gubbay, vice president of product development noted, “In today’s digital world, everyone wants to share engaging Web-based stories that stand out, but often people don’t have the right tools to easily create something impactful. With our move to Creative Cloud we’re able to tap into our pro-level creative software expertise and bring it to a much wider audience with new tools—first with Adobe Voice and now Slate. Stay tuned for more innovation like this from our teams at Adobe.” Availability
Adobe Slate is available immediately as a free download in the App Store
. The app requires iPad 2 or higher and iOS 8. To learn more about Adobe Slate, visit adobe.com/slate